All reviews rooftop garden mataram city non smoking sky lounge hotel facilities business trip free wifi international airport fitness center rooms are spacious front desk staff check in process stayed here for one night great hotel meeting room shopping mall mount rinjani
Reviewed 9 October 2018

I was having dinner at the rooftop garden with my sister. There were some events at the moment we arrived. Food was fine although we have to wait more than 30 minutes for a portion of chicken wings & scrambled egg. Chicken wings menu need improvement in terms of taste. Actually chicken wing in a chain restaurant much better. But luckily the beverage are great it was suited our request and also thanks to ogy who able to change our mood to be better with his hospitality. :)

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2018

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our honeymoon on our way to the Gili Islands. Our first experience with the staff was whilst calling to arrange an airport transfer with them as our flight got in late. Unfortunately, the woman answering the phone on reception did not speak english very well and it took over ten minutes for her to understand what we were asking for and take down our flight details. This made for a very expensive call from a UK mobile and didn't give us alot of confidence that someone would be there to pick us up at the other end!

Thankfully, a driver from the hotel was there to pick us up which was a relief. However, this relief soon turned into irritation as for the entire 45 minute drive he repeatedly tried to get us to hire him for trips around the island, etc, quoting extortionate fees for various activities/trips. We told him that we were staying only one night on Lombok and we had already made all of our plans and were not going to change them but he continued to harrass us the whole time asking us to 'make some time for him'. Upon finding out our plans to go to the Gilis he quoted us a price 3x the cost of a normal taxi to take us there. My advice in Indonesia is that, where possible, get Ubers! In the end I simply stopped responding to him and he continued bothering my husband. On arriving at the hotel he then dumped our two 20kg bags on the curb outside the hotel and stayed talking to one of the vallets outside. We carried them in ourselves and checked in. Once we had received our key and were heading for the lifts he reappeared saying he would show us to our room which was entirely unnecessary since we were in the lift and carrying our own bags. On exiting the lift he said perhaps he could take my bag? But as we were 2m from the door to our room I declined as there was really little point. He then had the bare faced cheek to hand us a peice of paper with his contact details on for when we 'made time for him' and then even asked us to write nice things about him on the hotel's comment card!

As we arrived late and so decided to eat in the hotel restaurant for ease. My husband ordered a pizza, which turned out to be a frozen pizza which had been badly cooked in the oven and was bland and floppy. Not what would be expected from such a large hotel. Breakfast was slightly better however and there was a lot of choice. The room was nice which is why I gave 2 stars rather than 1.

Unfortunately, the whole experience was marred by this one staff member and his incessant attempts to extort money from us. The hotel should have a strict policy with its staff members to prevent them from harrassing guests in this way as it reflects badly on the entire establishment. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

24-25/8 3 rooms

2. Via Hotel.com
25-26/8 2 rooms
Id 148377982591

Pls double check my booking coz my guide went yesterday n yr reception said only 1 room is booked on 25-26/8 instead of 2 rooms.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank missnora
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at Golden Palace. My kids loved the room, big enough for them. This hotel have a rooftop restaurant, great place to see the sunset in Mataram city. Nothing special about the food and the pool (too small and no view).
You can find much better hotel (for the same price) to get better pool, food & view. But if you just want to get a comfy place to sleep in, this hotel is one of the best choice you can have right in the middle of Mataram.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2018

I think this is one of the best hotel in mataram (instead of saying the best). Almost nothing to complain: service, room, cleanliness, amenities, etc. Maybe the lack of this hotel is their coffee isn't good enough for my taste (they serve ordinary coffee and lombok coffee at the corner as special drink), but this is subjective opinion, not subjective. Therefore, i recommend this hotel to everybody, especially family trip.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple