See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2016

I stayed at Tiara Hotel for several trips. This time I came here with my sister for a long trip Jakarta-Medan-Balige-Tuktuk Samosir-Lhokseumawe-Medan-Jakarta. The first 4 nights we spent in this hotel. The hotel obviously not new but it still has its grap. I saw events still happening from officials. I'm glad that I closed the year with activities which included this hotel. I read the news that this 33 years old Tiara Hotel has been closed by end of 2015 and might be operating under new name (not sure yet). All the best for Tiara and I hope its employees can managed somehow somewhere else or be recruited under the new management/hotel. Best Wishes. Monik Pandiangan

Room Tip: Executive Room is larger and nicer
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank MonikPandiangan
Reviewed 19 November 2015

The hotel is in a less busy part of Medan although quite near to the main attractions such as the palace etc. Everything was great from the breakfast to the room size/cleanliness.Only downside is workers are not courteous/polite..

Will visit again if in town

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank AshtonLuke
Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

I've been travel to Medan for many times. Tried many hotels but this hotel is good. 5 minutes to Sun Plaza, near to Grand Mosque of North Sumatera and the staff was nice. You only need spent 600k to get Executive room with bathtub inside.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2015

When we tried to inquire about their functions rooms and asked for proposal, the sales person - Kyla did not entertain us properly, she sent me insufficient details, no rates, no menu...so we tried to call her over again, on the last part of the conversation she asked if our requirement is urgent because she cannot attend to because she has a lot more things to do. This person don't know how to prioritize. Who know's we'e a valid customer, she misses chance of gaining a customer because of her negligence.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank April T
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Tiara Hotel is placed centrally in Medan in proximity of shops and a department store. The place is however quite and spacious. The room is large and well equipped, also with free WiFi. Beds are fine and in the room does not lack refrigerator or safe. Staff is friendly and helpful. There was however a number trainees at reception who unfortunately, knew very little and had hardly any backup by the permanent staff. As a result, their advises or info was either very limited or wrong. The hotel offers an excellent choice of food during the breakfast. The only point of critique of the hotel is the provision of only one key card per room. Not handy as the same card has to be used both for the elevator and the room. Being a couple, one had either to walk the stairs or leave the partner in dark. The hotel can solve this problem easily and provide for double room 2 key cards.

Room Tip: For double room, ask for 2 key cards, the same card is needed for both the room and the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple