“The Annoying Club Noise”

Karibia Boutique Hotel
Ranked #41 of 76 Hotels in Medan
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

If you stay here ask the reception not to give you a room which located in the same side with their club because it will be damn noisy. Their club located in 6th floor, I stayed in 3rd floor and I can hear the boisterous clearly in my room.

You just dont want the noise bothering your resting time.

Overall the services are good.
Do not expect much for the breakfast, I was stay for 11 nights, and I get bored of the breakfast in the 3rd days, limited variation and the taste is just average. Their restaurant' staff working in slow motion during breakfast time which get very busy around 7.30 - 8. Better come early or later. The restaurant is narrow, you will hardly find a table during that time. Even you can hardly walk inside the restaurant when its packed.

This is my 3rd stay. I got a musty smells room, and get annoyed of the bisterous from their club. And I can't move to another room because all rooms in my room type are fully booked.

The hotel located within the same area of a latest shopping center. Nearby to train station to and from airport. And a walking distance to hawker, Merdeka Walk. You'll have many option there.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
KBH_Ecommerce, Ecommerce Supervisor at Karibia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Mr/Mrs. RereFrans

Warmest Greetings from Karibia Boutique Hotel

Thank you for writing us an honest review during your stay at Karibia Boutique Hotel. In regards to your unpleasant experience, please accept our sincere apology, I will take a serious note for your valuable comment and feedback then make sure this inconvenient will be taking care of so you can perfectly stay at our hotel for your next visit.

We definitely are looking forward to welcome you back at our hotel.

Sincere Regards

Wiena - Ecommerce Supervisor

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Stay couple of days ago at room 301. I always make this hotel as my choice for important event or departing to another country. The 9th of July 2017. The hotel experienced a blackout, no, blackouts. more than five times..How can a hotel having a blackout? I thought maybe the number of things in my room which is on at that time caused these but I was wrong. Fix this..
By the way, the restaurant is getting better than before.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
KBH_Ecommerce, Ecommerce Supervisor at Karibia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Mr/Mrs. Andy R

Warmest Greetings from Karibia Boutique Hotel

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Karibia Boutique Hotel. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Have a great day!

Sincere Regards

Wiena - Ecommerce Supervisor

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Room boy and staff need more training about hotel service. I bring my bag by myself and they dont offering a help. Hot room with bad air conditioner. Twin bed room is very small, not like a 4 star hotel. When you have business purposes around Centre Point Mall, you can stay here, but if you dont, you better stay in another hotel with cheaper price! The only good point about this hotel is strategic location. Thats it

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
KBH_Ecommerce, ECommerce Supervisor at Karibia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear Mr/Ms adityaw231

Greetings from Karibia Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Hotel is still fairly new with a nice room decor. But the parking lot is very inadequate, too dense. Concierge is not equipped with a tool if you want to packing something, usually always available at other hotels. If you want to go to the train station (stasiun Medan), you still have to walk about 10-15 minutes.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mr/Mrs. RakaKirana

Reviewed 27 March 2017

On my recent visit to Medan, my Medan friend recommended try Karibia Boutique hotel as the location was excellent as it was next to the newest shopping Mall Center Point in Medan.
When my friends and I check in, the front office staff were friendly untill we needed to change rooms as the rooms were noisy which was really suprising even in the corridor of room floors. some of the rooms airconditioning were not cold at all.We went to approach the front office ask them change room. At first the receptionist were not helpful at all and said they were full. We had to argue with them and they relented and change the room. the room quality is not consistent, my friends room was brightly lighted and mine was very dim and could not do any reading.

My room airconditing was poor and not cold at all even setting my airconditioning temperature at 17degrees centigrade did not help. The WIFI in the room was very poor and slow, I could not download or read my mails on my notebook.

In the morning, i found out why there was vibration and it noisy in the rooms and corridor. When I looked out of my window, I found there was a wall of airconditioning compressors where was creating the noise and vibration. The window was warm, there was no ventelations for the aircon compressors.

The breakfast was not too bad with good variety of both indonesian and western food.

The hotels is very popular and hence its always busy and the hotel cannot keep up in providing the service like clearing the tables at the restaurant, there were never enough coffee and drinking cups at the breakfast points.

Somehow, you get the feeling the hotel is enjoying really good business and the staff does not care to make you stay comfortable

Room Tip: I would request for a room facing the main road of the hotel to avoid the noise from the aircon
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends