“AVOID”

Karibia Boutique Hotel
Ranked #41 of 76 Hotels in Medan
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Nicely located, but you cannot run a nightclub in a four star hotel. Noise up to 55-60db at mignight in the room, up to 80DB in the corridors! Fitness centre does not have air circulation, and the equipment does not function properly and is out of balance. Spa staff cannot even maintain a proper list of appointments. Breakfast of pretty average quality. On the positive side, decent coffee available at extra price.

Room Tip: rooms at front on lower floors are slightly better
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
KBH_Ecommerce, ECommerce Supervisor at Karibia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear Mr/Mrs.CvB20152015
Warmest Greetings from Karibia Boutique Hotel

Thank you for writing us an honest review during your stay at Karibia Boutique Hotel. In regards to your unpleasant experience, please accept our sincere apology, I will take a serious note for your valuable comment and feedback then make sure this inconvenient will be taking care of so you can perfectly stay at our hotel for your next visit.
We definitely are looking forward to welcome you back at our hotel.
Have a great day.

Sincere Regards

Wiena - ECommerce Supervisor

Reviewed 19 June 2016

Well, I stayed in this hotel for a purpose, which is having a business meeting late at night. This is my second stay here and I am writing this inside my hotel room. I ordered a deluxe room on the third floor.

Disappointing with these:

1. The first thing I noticed is that no safety box in this room, not with the previous room which I had before in February during Chinese New Year.

2. I booked on the deluxe room, which the staff claimed is slightly bigger than superior with not many changes. The floor is not carpeted and it is freezing cold with air conditioner on. Hotel should follow how country with four seasons do. As you know that floor that in unwrap will be cold during winter(we have a/c in the room and this make it cold too)

3. Breakfast still the same, not much changes. At the end, I just consumed porridge. Bread also limited. No fruits, no cereals. No bread. Just imagine if a caucasians stay here(they don't really have porridge for breakfast in their country) Only 1 person served the guests(not standing at his post but sitting down at another table)

4. Toilet sewage system is bad, I don't know what it is inside, but the lid is dancing by itself when lots of water try to run through it{no big deal, I think)

5. The window is smaller than the one in superior room. The deluxe room which I paid more Rp.100000,- than the superior is not worth it.

6. Drinking glass, inside the toilet bowl and the tea and coffee making facilities are dirty.

7. I can hear band playing late at night, children crying early in the morning, crying like an autism kid and no staff is taking any action, and also some construction work is being done late at night.

8. I request for a non smoking room(I am a non smoker), I was given a smoking room. When I look up, there is a smoke detector(what's the point of having smoke detector if the room is a smoking one) It will trigger the alarm.

9. I like the bed, air conditioner and bathroom.

Hopefully, for my next stay, those things can be better. Also thinking of upgrading to a higher level.

Room Tip: All are the same...very disappointing.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2016

I booked this hotel for my hubby and in-laws to-be, sometime in March 2015. The room was quite small compared to other budget hotels. The only thing making it so special was that its location is attached to a shopping center: Center Point. Breakfast was average.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

The strongest advantage of this hotel is its location. Near Medan train st., big mall and hospital. Easy access to travel around Medan
The room and bathroom are spacious and clean. Breakfast is quite delicious. Although the food selections could be more variative.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
KBH_GeneralManager, Manager at Karibia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Dear our valued Guest,
Greetings from Karibia Boutique Hotel Medan, HORAS...

Thank you for taking the time to review your last stay with us.
Your generous review and input has been most pleasing to us and will be a major motivation to our staff to always meet your expectation.

We are looking forward for you to visit our property, please contact our reservations team directly at reservation.medan@karibiaboutiquehotel.com

Again thank you for taking the time to review us and enjoy your day.

Best Regards,
Management of Karibia Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Karibia boutique hotel is like another boutique hotel in Indonesia. Good things from this hotel are : Located in the center of the city n close to railink, murni teguh memorial hospital n centerpoint mall, free access for wifi, excellent breakfast, fast for check in/out, clean room, helpful staff, affordable price, etc. The bad points are : Tiny room, few parking area and i think there is nothing sport facilities. Over all karibia boutique is still a good n comfort hotel and i'll give my recommandation to stay at this hotel.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
KBH_GeneralManager, Manager at Karibia Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Dear valued guest,
Greetings from Karibia Boutique Hotel!

We are most pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay here at Karibia Boutique Hotel, and also left us your positive review. We can not thank you enough for that.

On a small note, we would like to inform that there is a gym facility located at second floor that can be used by hotel guests. On behalf of management, we apologize if our staff forgot to describe any available facilities to you.

Please find us again at reservation.medan@karibiaboutiquehotel.com for best offer from us for your next visit. We are looking forward to your stay at Karibia Boutique Hotel!

Regards,