“Small n Quaint with a Homey Twist on the Platter”
Review of Garorica HOP

Garorica HOP
Ranked #10 of 483 Restaurants in Makassar
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Stumbled to this place by accident when hangin out with friends who apparently had high praises for the quality servings in this small establishment.
"I came here for the Burger" said I to the Resto Owner who happened to be of the same high school as I.
This serving was made special order by his wife and served to perfection... just the way I like my Burgers

The buns especially caught my attention as they are not your regular white buns and it was also home made to complement the freshly prepared Patty.
Safe to say, there are No "freezer-aroma" lingering from these burgers (which are commonly found fastfood burgers) and the melting cheese that smothers the meat.... well done!

I can't say much for the other items on the menu as 1 serving of burger and fries was enough to get me through the day, and me... I am a big boy.

I'll be coming back here for the sandwiches on the next visit.

Come and Visit, please do.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank HotmaS

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped twice during our 48hrs stay in Makassar, and actually spent a whole afternoon there. We were at the Pesonna, so it's litteraly in front !
The owners are adorable and the space is welcoming and convivial. They have awesome drinks, especially the passion fruit soda; and great burgers !

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank vwkayak
Reviewed 21 October 2017

After a few weeks of eating asian food I felt like something different and was craving a good burger. I am so glad I came across Garorica, their burgers are absolutely delicious. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Jamie Marie O
DonBosco915, Owner at Garorica HOP, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Thanks a lot for the kind review. Your comment reminds us to keep putting our best effort in serving quality cuisine for our guests. We are sorry for the late late response for we were working on some projects for the place. We also added several new special menus like Brown Rice Extravaganza :-) We will definitely look forward for your next trip to our place.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I love a good burger but it can be incredibly difficult to find one, especially in Asia. This was a great find. Close to our hotel, the Ibis Styles, the burger was full of flavour, generously sized ( ok I still ordered two patties!) cheese was good too. The bun was by far the best I have tasted anywhere, ever! None of the over-sweet cotton wool textured stuff one usually gets in every burger chains anywhere in the world, this had texture and taste and really enhanced the burger. When I complemented the lady serving us on the quality of her buns she told me she baked them herself and, as she was just about to get some out of the oven, would I like some to take to Toraja? - Sulawesi people are so friendly!

Will definitely be returning in a few days when we get back in the city.

Date of visit: July 2017

Thanks a lot for the kind review. Your comment reminds us to keep putting our best effort in serving quality cuisine for our guests. We are sorry for the late late response for we were working on some projects for the place. We will definitely look forward for your next trip to our place.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I had a cheese burger for a late lunch which came with fries. Delicious food and came quickly. I also had lemon iced tea, which was made with fresh lemons. For dessert, I had a homemade almond cookie, again very tasty.
I would definitely recommend, the owner speaks English quite well and makes her own breads and cakes.
Very reasonably priced. Cafe was clean, lots of books to read on the shelf, jazz music playing.
Only problem is finding the place as it doesn't have a big sign. It's about 50m down the road from Pessona hotel with plants outside the cafe.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Eleanor108

Thanks a lot for the kind review. Your comment reminds us to keep putting our best effort in serving quality cuisine for our guests. We are sorry for the late late response for we were working on some projects for the place. We recently put up a better brighter sign for the place and hopefully you can find us easier the next time you visit us...