All reviews rawon setan the executive lounge tunjungan plaza shuttle bus business trip japanese restaurant rooms are large corner room excellent hotel breakfast buffet late check an upgrade duty manager five star hotel local food swimming pool biggest mall
Reviewed 19 April 2018

The JW Marriott Surabaya is one of leading luxury hotels in Surabaya. The room is spacious, bed is very comfortable and the bathroom is provided with separated bed and shower bunk. Staff are helpful, professional and warm. Upon arrival, you can feel the hotel is grand, luxurious and beautifully maintained as you won't see the hotel is quite mature for its business. The breakfast is a breeze as options for Indonesian, Asian and Western are available for guests. They also serve traditional Jamu (Indonesian tonic) and Indonesian desserts in specific place, splendid! Once I asked the waiter to hand me jamu and he recommended his version with soymilk, I love how enthutiast and willing they are to serve the guests! You're going to love this hotel as much as I do, totally recommend!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Alan T
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I stayed here for 4 nights in mid-April. This was my 4th stay at this hotel, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The facilities are first class; the staff are friendly and go out of their way to be helpful; the buffet breakfast is excellent (even better than last year, after a major extension and redesign of the breakfast area and an enhanced range of food options); the executive lounge is an oasis for reading, writing or chatting while enjoying evening drinks and food; the swimming pool is large and has many padded deck chairs in shaded and open areas next to it; there is a good ambience to the hotel.

Another thing I appreciated was that the steam iron in the room is very good. This is unusual even in 5 star hotels.

I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I Was there recently for business for a week. Not only the strategic location but also So happy with the service, spacy room, the breakfast , gym facility and sauna. It's so good. But unfortunately not really suitable for a tall guests. Really enjoy my stay at JW Marriott.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ellen P
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Spacious & clean room, spacious working desk, easy to control console for light's room including USB socket, clean bathroom. A very nice resto at Pavilion for breakfast, a very good cappucino. A very nice swimming pool.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel L
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We booked to stay here for three nights, but I could eventually join on the second night after playing tennis at Sheraton. The hotel was improved here and there, definitely the most modern in the city! Modern as their technology, I personally can say, "life at my fingertips"! Clickers aka remote control. Since we're both spiritualists and visionaries, we could sense the humongous amount of positive energy vibrated by the staff there. They were very hands on, respectful, communicative, suave, sincere, and excited in delivering the service! We felt like a king and a queen for days. I personally hope that high vibration as well as positive energy, and well-cooperated manners are also occurred in all departments related, not just the front of the house. Remember, there are two types of customers: the internal (colleagues) and the external ones (the guests).

The breakfast was also immaculate! The clear up service was excellent! That Gado, Gado Pizza? I'd rather to add much more peanut sauce to elevate the creamy and thick texture. Anyway, it's just my preference.

Big THANKS to: the beautiful short-haired-ladies at the breakfast buffet, the chef for making my egg Benedict (it was great! However, I was so full, so I could not finish it. I'm terribly sorry, chef), the cute twin brothers at the front gate and the other guy introduced me to them during my departure in the morning after breakfast, the big tall guy at the concierge (who initiated to take our photos at the lobby without we even asked for it), THANK YOU, EVERYONE! WELL DONE!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple