All reviews fried rice tugu hotel hot water colonial mansion bits and pieces java dancer rooms are large train station alun alun malang city reasonable price dutch architecture ac
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The hotel was kinda old, but located in city centre and many greens around. I slept like a baby while staying here, very quie. . The breakfast was simple but nice, I chose bread and jam for 1st day, and delicious fried rice for second day. The staffs were also helpful.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Great basic facilities and amazing value for money, located right next door to the Tugu Hotel in Malang. Room was clean and well-equipped with ample furniture as well as hot water + AC, and staff very friendly. Short walk to all the main sights of Malang city including Kampung Warna Warni, Kampung Lampion, Alun-Alun, the train station, excellent Indonesian food at Rumah Makan Inggil etc etc. Highly recommended if you want quality accomodation in an unparalleled location for a reasonable price!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I arrived at night and this hotel greeted me with a special warmth.
After I booked in....,I was taken to my room....the overall feeling I got
, Had a TV, a basic bathroom, and
Very nice outdoor space! And then...
After a night, a good breakfast!
Jolly good cheap hotel!
Thank you very much!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I was a little wary as I had seen the reviews and wasn't sure what to expect. It's a huge old Dutch colonial mansion crammed with furniture and odd bits and pieces. It is a bit creepy but has a certain charm. The rooms are large, the staff are very kind and helpful and I would return if I was ever in Malang again. I travelled solo as an older lady.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 23 February 2017

This is a very tired and run down place that is dark and dingy and somewhat eccentric. It does have a huge amount of character and feels somewhat homey and relaxed. The room we were given was close to the road and noisy and quite dirty. The bedding, curtains and towels were all dirty, overused and in need of replacement. The bathroom was not adequate, being very old and the shower did not work well; it took about 10 mins for the hot water to start running. The toilet did not work well.

The staff are friendly but do the minimum and sometimes could not be found at all.
The wifi did not work in the rooms. The swimming pool is clearly not maintained.

This place is cheap but not good value. Its location is excellent, right next door to the Tugu which has a very good restaurant,the Melati, which is not expensive, and has a fantastic menu. It is a short walk to the Alun Alun and to the train station.

I noticed that some of the rooms at the Splendid are being renovated so perhaps it is getting the makeover it desperately needs.

It is a shabby old place and quite dark. I may stay again if they renovate!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple