USD 82
  • Pool
USD 36
USD 90
USD 43
Kertanegara Premium Guest House(Malang)(Great Value!)
USD 23
USD 39
USD 45
USD 67
USD 49
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 97/night.

USD 38
USD 29
  • Pool
All reviewsfried ricenasi gorengtugu hotelcolonial mansionbits and pieceshot waterrooms are largetrain stationalun alunreasonable pricemalang cityfurnituredutchacangkotbathtubtaxi
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I arrived at night and this hotel greeted me with a special warmth.
After I booked in....,I was taken to my room....the overall feeling I got
, Had a TV, a basic bathroom, and
Very nice outdoor space! And then...
After a night, a good breakfast!
Jolly good cheap hotel!
Thank you very much!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I was a little wary as I had seen the reviews and wasn't sure what to expect. It's a huge old Dutch colonial mansion crammed with furniture and odd bits and pieces. It is a bit creepy but has a certain charm. The rooms are large, the staff are very kind and helpful and I would return if I was ever in Malang again. I travelled solo as an older lady.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 23 February 2017

This is a very tired and run down place that is dark and dingy and somewhat eccentric. It does have a huge amount of character and feels somewhat homey and relaxed. The room we were given was close to the road and noisy and quite dirty. The bedding, curtains and towels were all dirty, overused and in need of replacement. The bathroom was not adequate, being very old and the shower did not work well; it took about 10 mins for the hot water to start running. The toilet did not work well.

The staff are friendly but do the minimum and sometimes could not be found at all.
The wifi did not work in the rooms. The swimming pool is clearly not maintained.

This place is cheap but not good value. Its location is excellent, right next door to the Tugu which has a very good restaurant,the Melati, which is not expensive, and has a fantastic menu. It is a short walk to the Alun Alun and to the train station.

I noticed that some of the rooms at the Splendid are being renovated so perhaps it is getting the makeover it desperately needs.

It is a shabby old place and quite dark. I may stay again if they renovate!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the gate next to Tugu Hotel very late at 1AM. We were shocked since it was so dark, no one was there and it looked like a long-abandoned building.

After we got to the lobby, everything went alright. Staff were super nice. We got a spacey room with huge glass windows and bathtub with a warm shower. Yes, everything looked old (and might feel creepy if I had stayed alone) but we had a good sleep and shower.

Breakfast was delicious classic Nasi Goreng, tomato juice (too much sugar!) , tea/coffee and banana.

The swimming pool looks nice, but the area - like most part of the hotel - needs a facelift. The hotel has a really great potential to be a nice and budget version of Tugu Hotel.

Location was great. Whether you're going around on foot, by becak (rickshaw), taxi, angkot (public van), GoJek (online motorbike taxi) and Uber; everything was easy!.

We had the hotel keep our backpacks for two days while we were staying in Batu. Came back to pick them up and called the taxi to the airport from there. The staff were helpful.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

nice inn... I felt comfortable enough to stay here with my friends. The location is very strategic, near Town Hall, train station, and markets. This inn is old, but it is still god. I loved the furniture here, and wooden Javanese crafts. This inn is so exotic, no wonder many foreigners come to spend the night here.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends