Hotel Santika Bogor
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 64*
USD 62*
USD 70*
USD 61*
Priceline
Alfa Resort Hotel & Conference(Bogor)(Great Value!)
USD 35*
  • Pool
USD 88*
USD 72*
Agoda.com
favehotel Padjajaran Bogor(Bogor)(Great Value!)
USD 35*
USD 30*
USD 42*
USD 41*
Agoda.com
All reviewsbotani square mallbotanical gardensstrategic locationrain showersoekarno hatta airportlaundry servicenice hotelbuffet breakfastworking tabledirect accesslocal dishesindonesian foodnice stayhotel staffbusiness tripwesternersbotany
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The hotel is situated near the botanic garden of bogor. Also in the same building there is a shopping mall. And the busterminal to Bandung is near. The check-in went quick and efficient. The roomsize was big enough for two people (twinbed). With complementary bottles of water every day. The beds are fine, we slept fine. Breakfast was more than standard and the staff very friendly. We had a pleasant stay and will return next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank h2reiziger
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This hotel is so typical modern hotel. You could count on cleanliness, aminities, nice shower, variety when you have breakfast. .. But if someone asks me about this hotel I could only answer. .. Oh well its just standard the star hotel nothing special or nothing you could bring on your memory for this hotel.

Yes this hotel is nice location, you could walk to Bogor botanical garden, president palace and other iconic Bogor places. Hotel price is also reasonable.

Too bad I have a litlle bit bad experience with staff regarding Loyalty Card (Flazz). As advertised if you stay at least two nights you could claim to have this loyalty card. However not all hotel staff are wel informed about this.

Room Tip: Ask the view for this hotel. ..
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Strategic location and conveniently located in a mall. However, it is a very busy hotel, almost always full with business people who stay for trainings/meetings. It is hard to find room unless you book long before arrival. Room was clean and quite spacious. I had problem with the handshower, but they fixed it right away. The food offered for room service was limited and it tasted just standard for Indonesian, but breakfast and lunch buffet offers wide range of options. I am agree that the restaurant staff were friendly, but the front office staffs who help me checked-in as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2012

This is a medium-sized hotel that caters mainly to the Indonesian business market during the week and Indonesian families escaping Jakarta at weekends. The modern design is minimalist and immaculately clean throughout. Any starkness in the design is more than offset by the enthusiasm and attentiveness of the hotel and restaurant staff, most of whom have an adequate command of English. The breakfast and lunch buffets are both presented attractively with good quality food. Views from the upper floors are excellent. Rooms are bright and airy, feeling simple, new and functional. The swimming pool is pleasant although not large, the gym is little more than a couple of treadmills. My room was reasonably quiet for a hotel in a busy town. Rush hour traffic on the hotel elevators sometimes required patience. The location is just off the motorway to Jakarta and adjacent to the Botanical Gardens. The shopping mall next door is easily accessible and somewhat more up market than other reviews had led me to expect.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Poor sleep quality
I stayed 4 nights and stayed in 3 different rooms. The first night was quiet except for morning prayer at 3.30am broadcast.

On the 2nd night, the guest in the next room had the TV turned on too loudly till 1+am. I called the hotel reception three times but they didn't resolve the problem. The receptionist said he will call security to check the source of the noise. Nothing happened for the next 30 minutes. So I called again. I heard the phone in the next room ring but the TV continued to blast. I called the reception again. It was after another 30 minutes till the guest turned off the TV. It was already 1.30am. I had 2 hours of sleep before getting awakened by the 3.30am morning prayer.

I requested for a change of room. I moved to a room on a higher floor facing the mountain. I couldn't see the mountain because of the haze. The morning prayer broadcast sounded softer but I could still hear it. The water tank on the roof was leaking. I could hear the sound of water dripping the entire night. I reported this to the hotel. So I moved to another room.

That morning and afternoon, there was drilling and knocking all day. I thought the problem would be fixed by night time but it wasn't. I had changed to another room, there was still the sound of dripping water, though less vigourous than the previous night.

Good Location
Convenient location for getting a taxi and for food. Shopping at the Botani Square Mall wasn't great. There's a money changer in the mall basement.

Average Food
Breakfast was ok. But as with most hotel buffets, you get sick of it after the 2nd day.

Good Service
Staff was friendly and polite. I changed room twice but the reception staff wasn't irritated. They helped me move my bag to the new room while I was out. At the restaurant, I request for fresh milk (they didn't have it at the the buffet table) and they remembered my request on the 2nd day.

Comfortable Room
Room and bathroom were small but adequate. Bed was comfortable. There is no cupboard - just open shelves for placing and hanging clothes. The bathroom was very clean and had a rainshower.

Room Tip: Request for a room facing the mountain. Avoid the top floor because of water tank leakage.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business