“Good scenery... average food”
Review of Warung Lela

Warung Lela
Ranked #47 of 1,852 Restaurants in Bandung
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Many friends recommended me to visit Wale as one of the most delicious cheap restaurants in Bandung. Then, I asked my father to take me to Wale. It was really hard to find the place, we asked so many local people and they didn't know how to get there. After that I called my friend and asked her to guide us to Wale. Finally, we got there! really like the atmosphere, shady areas, very green, old furniture, what a good place to take a lunch. The food is quite cheap... so we decided to order special yamin (both sweet and salty version), and orange-young coconut ice. Unfortunately the food was not so special.. my father said "well, it was okay". But, I didn't think so... I had to pour many sambal to make it tastier. The siomay and meatball were also average.... I prefer eating in a small warung bakso near my auntie's house to wale...
But, yeah.. I have to admit that Wale is a good place for dating!!!!! T~T maybe it was tasteless because I ate it with daddy....

There are newer reviews for Warung Lela

Reviewed 24 February 2010

Being on a highland of Bandung city makes this cafe have a very nice view of the city. At night, you can see lights all over the city from above while enjoying some traditional sweet noodle (called yamien) and a drink made of ginger (called bandrek).

The atmosphere is cozy and full of West Java traditional atmosphere. The food price is reasonable, not so expensive that suitable for teen visitors.

Reviewed 4 October 2009

This WaLe or Warung Lela get famous with It's Mie Yamin...so I always order Yamin Manis Komplit there.......The Price There....Well I can Say It's very Low if I compare for It's Convenient Place( I really love the traditional atmosphere there...so woody....green....and cool weather). U only have to pay for abut 30.000 IDR or less to have the Yamin and Bandrek (the ginger with milk drink)....U must try....

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Paris, France
Reviewed 8 September 2008

good ambiance, good food although need more menu, really nice place to hangout with

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 10 August 2008

People usually goes to a restaurant recommended by friends. This Warung Lela (WaLe) is often heard when my friends talked about noodles and meatballs.
From googling, I found the location: Jl. Kupa No.6 Kompleks Rancakendal Bandung 022-2501396. It isn't easy to go there, so I upload the map to avoid you of getting lost. Beware: you will need extra driving skill if you go there on Saturday night, because there's traffic jam through narrow roads with sharp differences in elevation.
Arrived at Jalan Kupa, the parking lot was almost full even the dinner time was passed. There's a nice atmosphere, with the standard of Nothern Bandung cafe with cold night breeze and city light view. Price noted at the menu was between 10 - 20 thousand rupiahs per portion, quite cheap compared to other cafe.
Recommended food are yamien manis spesial (special sweet noodle) and sop buntut (oxtail soup). We drink lychee yoghurt, wedang jahe (ginger tea), and tea. The taste of sweet noodle is ok, but not so special. It was accompanied by meatballs and shumay. The oxtail soup has a yummy thick broth taste, but unfortunately I had more bones compared to the meat. :( All drinks are common, as in other place.
Overall, I rate this two stars. The dining experience in WaLe is less spectacular compared to the journey to find the place. But it's worth to try to complete your list of Bandung restaurant.

1  Thank yniav