“Clean hotel, very small room, good location”

Amaris Hotel Cimanuk
Ranked #16 of 155 Speciality Lodging in Bandung
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I stayed for two nights at Amaris Cimanuk, during high season, mid of July. I stayed with my friends. We booked 2 times, first from Amaris website we booked Smart room type. And second, from phone call to hotel, we booked Standard Room. Smart Room is around 25-30% cheaper than Standard Room, but the size of the room I think it's too small!! Even the standard room for me is too small, but still tolerable considering the price. But smart room is waaay too small, not comfy at all. But other is OK. Bedroom and bathroom are quite clean. The bathroom is very small, they even put the sink out of the bathroom. The service is OK. Overall, it is a small hotel, which has a very good location. But I dont want to stay there again, as I prefer to stay at the comfy room.

Room Tip: Don't choose the "smart room" which they only sell through website
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Amaris Hotel Cimanuk

Reviewed 30 August 2011

This was the third Amaris hotel in Indonesia we had stayed in, and also this hotel lived up to it's expectations! Great staff, nice and clean rooms.

Breakfast was simple but good, and the wifi was quick and available in the room.

We haven't seen much of Bandung, but from the other reviews I've read, this area is simply the best. Location is great! Close to factory outlet shops (prodominantly with fake brands!), close to a great Italian restaurant la Mary ( I think that was the name...) and close to other nice shopping districts.

Great hotel, simple but great!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Jerry G
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I stayed for 2 nights in this hotel last June. Booked through the internet which was much cheaper. There are two Amaris hotels in Bandung, one in Cihampelas Street and this one in Cimanuk in the Riau area.

Since I travelled solo, so I booked the smart room. The room is small but for one person it is ok. For two people it is still ok as the bed is double bed, the only inconvenience is perhaps there is not much space in the room for 2 people to move around. But I did encounter a bad experience there. In the morning starting from around 4-5am, a stinking smell would creep into the room. I reckoned its the smell from the nearby drain. It happened on both days I was there. Maybe because my room was at the very end. I hope this does not happen to other rooms.

Breakfast was good and acceptable here compared with other budget hotels in Bandung. The swimming pool is very, very small suitable for kids only (really not recommended for adults).

As for location, it is within the Riau area and is close to the factory outlets - Heritage, Summit, Stamp, Secret etc. If you are fit enough, you can try walking to these outlets. It could be quite a walk. I think the best part about this hotel is that it is not situated on a busy road, so it is pretty quiet here.

I would recommend this hotel for solo traveller or for those who do not mind being cramped in a small room. Perhaps it's ok if you only use the room for sleeping and washing up and you are out of the hotel most of the time.

Room Tip: Always check the internet rates before you confirm your booking cos it's always a lot cheaper.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Puzzledprez
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My stay here in January 2011 was my 2nd here simply because of the location - it's just a short walk away from all the factory outlets! Price-wise it's a little bit more (than what you'd pay in say.. Bangkok for the similar type of accommodation). On the whole, it met my expectation.. the staff (despite speaking rather little English) were pleasant & helpful, the room (tho' rather basic and simple, a weeeee bit small even) was nice & cosy, although there is no kettle in the room, there is a hot/cold water dispenser on each floor, breakfast was acceptable (I've had worst!) - what it lacked in variety, it made up in taste but the breakfast area is of a bit of concern - it's quite 'exposed'! The weather was fine on both occasions I was there but I can imagine that it can be horrible if it rained heavily! Also, seating is a bit limited. I like it and see no reason not to return here on my next trip.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Good
1)Friendly staff
2)Free Internet access around the hotel
3)Spacious room

Bad
1) No shop around and in the hotel
2) Buffet Breakfast- not much varieties of foods.The buffet trays were often empty. Took some time for them to top-up the food. Also food not warm!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denmafia