“nice, average apartment-like hotel with great view”

Marbella Suites Bandung
Ranked #97 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta
“nice, average apartment-like hotel with great view”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel on sunday night at executive suite. The location of this hotel is uphill, only 15 minutes from the center of Dago street where factory outlets and restaurant/cafes lined up. It has 2 bedrooms, 2 toilets but no pantry, only a wall cabinet and a microwave oven. But since we only stayed for one night it didn't matter much.
The view from balcony was superb, green hills and at far we can see Bandung city. the room itself is average, minimalist and nothing special. Staffs were polite and all eager to help. When we asked for technician, he showed up in less than 5 minutes! Breakfast was abundant with wide array of choices, although personally I think the taste was average.
The pool was well maintained but the warm water pool only activated on weekends, its a disappointment for my daughter.
Overall, it is a very average hotel. For the executive suites, it obviously overpriced and overstarred (should be 3.5 stars instead of 5)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank irwanto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Stayed in their executive room with 2 bedrooms. The bedrooms were small,the living area was no different. When i stayed there,it was recently opened so i was expecting a clean and luxury hotel for Marbella is a great brand. What i found was a standard apartment with cheap tiles. When we were relaxing on the bed, i was so shocked that there were line of ants on the bed, yes,on the bed! I pushed the bed away and found gigantic amount of ants on the wall.Then i found out that those ants also came from the balcony into the living area. When i complained to the receptionist, a guy,i dont know who,came into my room and sprayed some chemical things that the whole room smelled like toxic! I had my 2toddlers with me at the time and i was so furious that i asked to change room. Finally they gave another guest's room in exchange at 7p.m,rushing me to pack because my room will be given to the guest who would be arriving soon. Guess what? The management even accused me for having food in the room that attracts the ants! I told them that i don't have any food in my room,except for my kids milk! What a "great" first experience!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
9 Thank Miss_Mer82

Travellers are raving about these Bandung hotels

Reviewed 21 September 2011

Everything looks fine. It's a brand new hotel with minimalist ambience. The service is good. Bed, pillows, bed sheet, towels are comfy. Me with my family were so satisfied. Especially my dad didn't have to pay expensive because the credit card offer. Receptionist, staff and manager do their job well. Also we got quiet situation near our room so we could sleep well. Only grumpy and talkative rich people who strongly dislike this hotel. I couldn't find any scars from this brand new hotel. Cheap, cozy and quiet are the great combination for this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick suites. Whether one, two or three bedrooms, this hotel can support all your needs
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank stvePHNgb
Australia
Reviewed 20 September 2011

If you are looking for luxury, Marbella is not the place.
The hotel gave the homey feelings with minimalist design. To me, it is worth the rates that I paid, there is a small library in the lobby, my favorite place where I can purchase books at reasonable price.

Room Tip: For couple, try to enjoy having dinner at the restaurant terrace, sooooo romantic.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Faby-Secret
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Disappointed. That word would describe all of my thoughts to this hotel. When I arrived, no warm welcome like in an average hotel, no bell boy who's coming for my luggage, or even someone who open my car's door. Really not fancy. And when I arrived, I felt like I was somewhere in the middle of the jungle, because it was like there was no living things there, really creepy. The room was really STANDARD! Not like the name, 'suite', you'll imagine a fancy high class room right? but it wasn't. Just a normal bed, normal tv, and nothing special. The breakfast was ok, just like in an average hotel, nothing special. The staffs are friendly, smiling everytime. And the last, the location was really far from everything, far from downtown, no entertainment around the hotel. It's JUST a hotel in the middle of nowhere, though you can eat in some of restaurant near the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family