All reviewshoneymoon suiteindoor swimming poolholiday inndago areafactory outletparking spacespacious roomwalking distancepizza hutinternet connectionhotel is locatedbusiness tripvisited this hotelsky loungetraffic jamroom servicewelcome drink
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed @ Luxton on the 6 - 9 April 2012. We booked 3 Deluxe rooms for a group of 8 people. It was a great surprise when we checked in on Friday late evening as supper was provided in addition to breakfast for weekend guests. It's money's worth for the room price you pay @ Luxton. The location is along Jalan Juanda and you can walk right up to Grande factory outlet. Rumah Mode is roughly 20 minutes taxi ride away. You can have KFC or Pizza hut which is 500 meters away from the hotel. For local desserts, look for Kartikasari which is 1 km away.

Room Tip: Luxton has a new wing where the swimming pool and fitness center is located. I stayed at the "old" wing but requested for the rooms facing away from Juanda.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ruds10
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We are a group of 5 adult travelling. Its really hard to find a good hotel in a good location which is still relatively new. Well we found one here and was glad we picked the right choice after all the good reviews we found here. This Hotel is a walking distance to the Dago Factory Outlets, Roger Spa. You can spend one day shopping at that are and doing a hair treatment or a full body massage.

The hotel is clean and very eco friendly. The staff are friendly and warm. You can adjust the air conditioning on the rooms too and the breakfast spread is quite good. The downside is that the food at the breakfast is not really that hot, probably due to the fact they are tyring to be green and save on energy output and that the Hotel does not have a Spa ( i am a spa fanatic! ) but its still all good as i got my massage fix outside the hotel. It also has a not too big swimming pool too.

Room Tip: Request to stay at the Eastwing where it is near to the pool and gym. They are the newer block.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Heffect
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Me and my spouse travel to Bandung for our 1st anniversary.. We chose to stay at Honeymoon Suite at the Luxton..
When we arrived, we welcomed by friendly staffs at the entrance and reception. After checked in, we entered our room and found out that our room was very good. Nice, clean and spacious room with many pillows, private whirlpool, and a retreat for welcome package.. Cake and two glass of fresh juice..
Atmosphere of our room made us comfy.. every night, me and my spouse spend our time in room, at our whirlpool actually.. we called room service and made candle light dinner of our own.. Great time for our 2nd honeymoon..

Unfortunately the breakfast was ordinary.. Nothing special..

Room Tip: choose honeymoon suite
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed for 2 nights. The place is so close to BIP and happening outlet. Baraya(shuttle jakarta-bandung) is across the street. Breakfast is superb, eventhough on Sunday we had to be on the waiting list, because it's a long weekend and so many people stayed there and enjoyed their breakfast. Staff is very helpful and courteous. Fast email response from ms.christina, when I did the reservation through email.
The pool is stunning, my son liked it a lot (the play area as well). Bed is enough for 3 of us, but I don't know what the neighbour did upstairs, so noisy. Looks like they were moving furniture.
But from all of our experience, we enjoy the Luxton so much, we're planning next trip already. Very reccomended.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank chandra2love
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed for 4 nights on a business meeting. I stayed in the newest wing located behind the main hotel building. I never heard of this hotel before but it looks relatively new, clean with minimalist style interior design.
This hotel has a very competitive rates compare to major international chain hotels in Bandung. You will save your money.

The services and staffs attention since my arrival up to my departure was warm, quick and efficient. I would put this on top of the overall elements.
Noticed also that they try to maintain the air clean by putting the 'no smoking' signs almost everywhere.
Free internet connection is provided, through wifi in the lobby area, restaurant and pool. Rooms have the internet connection through LAN cable, not much of a use for your wifi gadgets.

There is also a pool and gym located in the 3rd floor of the new wing. The gym is fairly large, I didn't have the opportunity to try it but for sure I tried the pool, it was refreshing.

Each guest will be provided with room key-card that also function as security key for the elevators. Anyone who's not staying will not be able to reach the guest-room's floor. Good security measures.

There is only one restaurant located in the mezzanine floor (d'exquisite restaurant) which serves also breakfast. Breakfast is also generous, you will have fairly enough choices, from local breakfast food, bread choices, cereals and intercontinental. I also loved the egg-station, which is quick.
This restaurant can be accessed through elevator and stairs from the lobby. Please be mindful that the stairs were made from a see-through glass stairs. I know it's quite a thick glass but somehow you will feel this awkward and a bit scary feeling walking on top of a glass staircase. Maybe it's just me.

Room, no complaint. AC worked good, lights are enough and also you have blind curtain. It is also quiet since I stayed in the second building behind the main building. You have a flat panel TV with many channels to choose.
The bed is excellent! I can not say more, its very comforting, soft but not too soft.

Bathroom is also nice, but I experienced a challenging moment with the shower. It took a while if you need warm water shower, and then suddenly it became too warm/hot! Reducing a bit the warm water gives you more frustation as the water became cold again. I notify the staff and they fixed it but I was already on the 3rd nights.
The bathroom has clear glass wall so you can see your bedroom and the other way around, eventhough it also has blind for more privacy. I guess it depend on someone's taste :)

My room has granite stone flooring(?), it is not carpeted, which is no problem but I'm used to a hotel with carpet flooring or wooden/parquette flooring at least, no complain just a bit strange.

As I stayed for business meeting where my company also used the banquet/meeting services, I can say the services and facility are superb.

Locationwise, you can't complain, located in Juanda Street, Dago area, it's close to almost everywhere in Bandung. You can go uphill on this street for a fine selection of restaurants in Dago hills, or you go downhill for shopping or to the business district.

Parking is very limited if you want to park your car in the hotel area but they have valet services where they can park your car at the parking lot across the street for free, no additinal charge.

So when you're in Bandung, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the second wing (the newest building) if you prefer quieter room. Choose the main hotel building for a view of the Juanda Street main road view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business