All reviewsmonkey forestfree shuttle servicelovely accommodationnice pooltropical plantsenjoyed our stayevery requestquiet locationdowntown ubudbeautiful gardennice breakfastspecial thanksafternoon tearicekadekpoolsvilla
Reviewed 20 November 2017

We only stayed one night so I don't have much to say other than provide basic information.

The staff was great. They were very helpful to us.

The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom very large with a good shower.

Hotel provided water in the room and basic amenities like blow dryer, etc.

The pool (there were two - this one was right outside our room) was very clean and a great temperature.

Our room had a stange-ish smell. I sprayed body spray in the room to make it smell better.

The hotel is very quiet and has a good vibe overall (at least the newer buildings. There are older buildings that are not from what I understand).

Overall OK stay. I had a friend who stayed there who thought it was dirty. That wasn't our experience, but we were only there for that one night.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Staff are very friendly here and do make staying at the hotel a better experience!

Positives
- Rooms are big!
- Mosquito net around bed is a useful feature!
- Pools are nice!
- Staff are great!
- Hotel grounds are well looked after!
- Close to monkey forest!
- Free shuttle service is great!

Negatives
- Breakfast is okay, they offer pancakes, cereal or eggs pretty much (they do offer ham and weird sausage)
- Bug nets in rooms have big holes in so don't work! Around 9pm all in the huge ants come in to the bathroom and chill by the toilet (bit nasty). We constantly had a clicking lizard in our room chilling above the bed!
- Location isn't the best, near
Monkey forest but it's about 30-40 min walk to ubud palace
- Sunbeds bit uncomfortable
- TV was diabolical (tiny with no HDMI input) not that you could watch anyway as you had to have your mosquito net over the bed

Overall was average (will definitely stay at nicer hotels and for sure some worse in the future) but I would say if you like more modern hotels with good facilities then don't come here (no gym either). But would recommend to others looking for a more retreat type place who aren't fussed about living in the wild!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I spent 4 days in this amazing resort nesteld in a lush garden with two swimming pools.
I sooo enjoyed my Joglo house, the traditional wooden balinese cottage: had all the amenities you need for a 5* stay, plus a huge shower and a beautiful pool and relaxing beds just in front.
Kadek and all the staff have always been smiling and helpful. They also organized for me custom made tours around Bali with a nice and competent guide/driver.
Will be a pleasure to come back in this beautiful place!

Room Tip: Wooden Joglo House is fantastic
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Just disgusting. Seriously it was filthy. Dust and ants and mosquitoes everywhere. We checked in and didn't even dare remove anything from our bags until we had spent another 600k in cleaning supplies and cleaned the place ourselves!

We slept the night and woke up to ants everywhere. The doors and roof are open to nature but still the dirt and dust and yellow pillows and dirty dirty mosquito nets are just unacceptable!

There are also no chairs in the 2 bedroom villa. Not one. Small tvs and and outdoor kitchen, seating area and sofa area.

And forget about any kind of soundproofing.

The staff seem nice enough but there was a bug in my breakfast. We checked out after 1 night although i was booked in for 17 nights. Never again.

Even their deluxe rooms had a funky smell. However if u must stay here. Def take a deluxe room.

Had to write this cuz i really don't understand how this place is reviewed so highly.

Villa sofia, kertisaya ? And ubud wana have far cleaner rooms and are in the same location.

Hope this helps especially for those doing treatments at amrtasiddhi:)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay in this beautiful hotel near monkey forest in the middle of pure nature! I loved the place and the service was excellent. Tranquility serenity is the way you feel when u get here.
I totally recommend and hope we come back again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple