All reviews superior suite rice fields afternoon tea arrange tours coffee machine outdoor shower warm hospitality three nights village life every morning nasi goreng local village visit bali close to nature welcome drink balinese hospitality large room
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Where do we begin? We booked a room at Mandala Desa for 4 nights - and soon decided to extent our stay! This resort is simply awesone overall! Jacinta‘s guidance and hospitality is far beyond „good service“. She personally took care of all our needs and her staff is extremely kind and professional. The location itself is gorgeous and the tropical garden including fruit and vegetables are very well kept. We travelled with two little ones, and everybody seemed to enjoy them rather than criticize their needs. Very child friendly place! Jacinta even provided car seats and toys for the kids. Pool and views stunning, bed supercomfy, surrounding appealing, tours inspiring! My wife and I travelled this world a lot - but this might just have been the most sympathetic place we ever stayed at! Enjoy your stay - we are certain that you will!
Flo & Anja

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2017

This place is Great....from the moment you arrive (place is not easy to find) you are warmly greeted by the staff...they actually come out and meet you at the car. They whisked me right away to my room, which was lovely (pics attached). I arrived late, so I did not get to take advantage of the menu or anything....plus they came to the room with a "welcome drink" and a slice of apple cake along with a cool towel. Perfect start. My room was large and balcony was too. There was a beautiful pool and the staff was very gracious. I should have stayed here longer.

Room Tip: This is a luxury property at a very nice price....all 5 rooms great
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We stayed at madala desa for 7 nights early september in 2017.
I wanted to spend a relaxing time in Bali, not a sightseeing, and I found Mandala desa.
Mandala desa is located 20 min by car from Ubud (Don’t worry! Mandala desa has free shuttle service to Ubud). It is a quiet place, surrounded by beautiful rice fields.

Jacinta, owner of the villa, is Dutch and fluent in English and Indonesian. The staffs are very polite and friendly.
I asked for some private arrangements such as airport pick-up, yoga at villa, Balinese massage at villa, a car n driver for sightseeing tour and etc.) before our arrving, Jacinta prepared almost everything perfectly.

1. Transpotation: it is free service to ubud from mandala desa. I paid extra charge mandala desa to other places.
2. Private day tour: Jacinta introduced us a driver, Agus who speaks English fluently, is also a good driver and tour guide.
3. Meals in villa: we had meals quite a few times. Breakfast is complimentary. All the meals are more like our own home cooked ones. We thorughly enjoyed them.
4. Property: I stayed at garden suite. The Mandala desa is a traditional building, of course, but it has been well maintained. The room is very clean and no bugs at all when I stayed. It has a big bathroom but has little bit old stone bathtub and some ants. (Ants are everywhere in Bali ^^)

I’ve already booked Mandala desa for my trip to Bali next year. And I definitely recommend Mandala desa to those who need a healing in a quiet place with great service.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 7 October 2017

This was our first stop on our first trip to Bali. We had been in touch with the property via email several times before we arrived, asking questions, for advice etc. They always replied very quickly and were very helpful. All our requests were met.

When we arrived we were taken to our large room by the owner who explained where everything was, how things worked etc and gave us a welcome drink and snack. We were impressed by the spaciousness of the room - we were three adults and have had a lot of experience of extra beds making a room very cramped! The room was an older wooden style, clean with fresh linen and towels. Filtered water was available in the room with tea and coffee making facilities. The WiFi was free and worked very well. I had the permanent four poster bed that's in the room and I was comfy enough. My friends had the extra beds, which they found a bit too hard to be comfortable.

Each day we chose from a menu to select our breakfast for the following morning. This allowed them to buy the necessary ingredients that day as everything is made fresh. The only downside was that I didn't always know what I'd feel like eating the next day! We could choose where we wanted to eat our breakfast - by the pool, on our balcony or under a pagoda overlooking the pool - and when.

There was a menu for lunch and dinner at the property too. We had some basic items for lunch and these were hot, fresh and well presented, but we didn't eat dinner here as we went into Ubud each evening. They have happy hour where they offered buy one get one free on cocktails.

Ubud was further away than we realised - it probably took about 40 minutes to get there. There was a free transfer if you went and returned between certain times (I think up to 9.30pm). If you wanted to return after that, you paid a supplement.

We had arranged a driver/guide to pick us up at the hotel and take us out for the day but the hotel can also arrange tours for you. We booked the white water rafting with them as it was cheaper than doing so elsewhere and had a great trip.

The pool is really deep - I wouldn't recommend it for children - and was a lovely temperature. The only problem would be the number of loungers as there are only four of them. There are pagoda type places to lie and relax though and it was never busy when we were there.

If you're looking for somewhere to relax for a couple of days, we'd definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I can't praise this place enough!The location is very peaceful and remote,a real paradise.Also you get so much information of things to do in the neighbourhood if that's what you are looking for.The staff are just EXCELLENT!Jacinta the owner does her utmost to accommodate your needs.A beautiful place is a luxurious setting.I can't fault it at all.I would certainly want to stay again.

Room Tip: If you explain to the owner what type of room you are looking for she can advise you.We had 2 rooms that were perfectly suited to our needs
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family