All reviews superior suite rice fields afternoon tea arrange tours coffee machine outdoor shower warm hospitality three nights village life every morning nasi goreng local village visit bali close to nature welcome drink balinese hospitality large room
Reviewed 31 July 2009

We had a wonderful time in Mandala Dese! The accommodation was very clean, big, a beautiful garden and a huge bathroom with tub. Flowers are everywhere.. Every morning we went for a swim in the well maintained swimming pool and had a fantastic view of the rice paddies. In the surrounding there are a lot of things to do. We went for a cycling tour to a nice waterfall and rice paddies. The staff was really great, friendly and helpful. The breakfast, lunch and dinner were also excellent.
The best stay we had in Bali. If I ever go back I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2009

I have visited Mandala Desa and stayed there for 3 nights. The rooms are so beautiful, i felt like a princess. The staff is very friendly and helpful, you can ask for anything and they arrange it! Also the surrounding is beautiful and interesting

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2009

I have had a wonderful time at Mandala Desa. It is like a small paradise. The service was great en the managament was very professional. I enjoyed the swimmingpool, the food and the beautiful surroundings. A place I want to come back to and recommend to everybody who loves nature, quietness, luxury and comfort.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2009

I'm a lone female traveller so safety is top priority, but I have to ensure I wont be without the usual holiday luxuries and city comforts ( such as internet ) .
Being it small and tucked away from the hustle and bustle of loud onboxious tourist hubs, it suited my shy demeanor. Yet it's a few minutes' drive from the center of action if one desires high-end restos and genuine shopping experience.
For the sports fanatic a guided cycling tour by one of their very knowledgeable staff will happily engage you; from gentle cycling to Ubud to challenging uphill mountain adventures. The resort itself can be jampacked w fitness requirements - yoga w an instructor, morning walk in the ricefields, or a few laps on the pool is more than enough to engage even the most discerning gym bunnies.
I heard it changed managements months back, but the service seem unaffected, if at all. It always felt like I have my very own army of personal butlers - all well-spoken and knowledgeable, and completely unspoilt by the typical service industry staff one might encounter in loud and cheap Kuta.
It's a place I'd come back anytime, be it a holiday destination or just when I simply wish to 'disappear'.

Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2008

I stayed here twice previously with my family and returned for a romantic getaway- what a mistake. I knew from booking that the ownership had changed but was reassured that all the staff and so on were the same.

The only good thing to say is that hotel surroundings were still lovely and peaceful. The villa itself however was not cleaned properly and there were signs of something eating from our minibar cupboard every morning.

The swimming pool needs maintenance and we quickly got out after we skimmed the surface clear but found all sorts of algae growth. Yuck. I could go on but I think you get the idea. Not recommended!

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Sydneysheila_7