All reviews raw food steam room detox program zen villas coconut water juices and smoothies colonic irrigation healing massage green juice herbal tea spirit package hot ginger river room spa treatments body and soul rice fields new wing
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I highly recommend the Healing Week Package at Ubud Sari Health Resort, for less than $1500. I received 7 nights here with multiple daily treatments by professionals, all my food (mostly juices and smoothies, but dinner 1st night, dinner last night to break my fast, and a nice breakfast before leaving), daily yoga and meditation, airport transfers, two off-site entertainment events, and more. This is a great way to cleanse and rejuvenate your body, mind, spirit! I look forward to coming back! It's an easy walk to the main cultural area of Ubud, with lovely restaurants, galleries, shops, Ubud Palace, the big market, and even the well-known Monkey Forest Street. Perfect location. Stay additional nights for a very reasonable rate.

Room Tip: I enjoyed a villa in the Zen Village section. Total privacy, koi pond around my cabin, deck overlooking canyon and waterfall, comfy bed with mosquito net, full bathroom. I will be back!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
10  Thank MsTravelBug13
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stopped by Ubud Sari to try out their spa and look at it for a possible future stay.
They have a goofy system where they escort you to lockers behind the front desk to leave all your valuables and then once you are down at the spa, they escort you to more lockers to leave your clothes. This felt odd. I now had two locker keys and my valuables are up by the front desk. ? Didn't make any sense.
This place felt like a spa factory. Lots of employees standing around in uniforms ready to take the next paying customer back for a very average spa treatment. Atleast that is what mine was. I got a 90 minute massage which was one of the worst I have had in Bali. My "therapist" seemed to have no training whatsoever and had a very clusty way of maneuvering around the table constantly knocking into my feet. Her techniques seemed to be made up on the spot and had didn't feel relaxing nor therapeutic in any way.
I suffered through it and when it was over, she slapped me on the leg abruptly and said, "Your massage is finished." I opened my eyes and she immediately said, "What's wrong? You look tired." Huh? I ran out of there as fast as I could.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dangerkitty18
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We did a detox program here for 6 days full program with daily massage, morning walk and yoga.

In order to apprecitate this review below are some key points about me:-
- been in Ubud more than 15 times
- not particular a yoga person
- not a super health conscious person or vegertarian

Here it is - we have been searching for the best detox program comparing between Samui and Ubud. I have done a detox already (short one for 4 days in Samui) 4 years ago. We decided to try Ubud Sari just to enjoy the city as we both love Ubud and also our friend who live in Japan has recommended us so we went for it.

When we arrived it was quite - we requested for a room near the waterfall. Our friend recommended it as it's more pleasant and the room is a bit bigger. We got a room on the ground which was not at all nice - big but bathroom tiles floor pretty much like living in a cheap flat.

We got our wake up call by a lovely lady at 0600am with a cup of hot herbal tea for a rice field walk. Since we have been in Ubud many times - we did not find a rice field walk any special plus walking with a mob of 10 people marching through rice field at 0600am in the morning is not exactly our style. So we skipped the rice filed walk for our entire trip. Rice field walk was only 40 mins.

Yoga started at 0730am - first day I found it very difficult to hear/understand the yoga teacher as he speaks very softly. However we got used to the postures after our second day - the yoga class is pretty decent. Again I am not a yoga person and rarely do yoga so this comment is coming from a beginner.

After yoga - breakfast served mainly juice for the first 2 days, you allow to have stock, soup and smoothly after your 3rd day. I did not feel hungry at all since you can order as many juice, soup, stock as you want.

We asked to change room after our breakfast - we got a room up on a small hill overlook the waterfall. The room is much smaller but very cozy wooden floor with outdoor bathroom/ cute balcony. If I recall correctly room 4,5 and 6 are the best ones. There is nothing in a room no wifi, no tv nothing just sound of the waterfall. Some people may disagree but wifi in the room would be nice. In any case we survived spending some time in lobby to read news, download movies with ipad and emails.

Highlight of this place are really:-

1) quality of spa here. As I said we have been in Ubud many times and tried many different spa here including Venezia, Monaco, eve, zen etc... They are horrible - I actually gave up a while ago thought that there is no good spa ubud. To be very clear - this is not a fancy spa but the quality of the massage is amazing. We live in Singapore and generally have massageery week but the massage here is divine. Not all masseurs are good though - I had 2 bad ones but the rest are great. If you decide to do detox I would not recommend daily spa program - I found it too much for your muscles. I did not enjoy facial and the bio electric massage too much.

2) Colonic - I did colonic in samuel before and had to say that unix sari is way way better. The two ladies who helped me with colonic are great. They are experts, massage your stomach, keep you relax through the whole process. They really made the colonic experience easy to go through and their massage during the colonic is very effective. They are also the two most lovely people's have ever met. I have a lot of respect for them - they have been working in ubud sari for 16 years doing colonic so you are all in good expert hands.

3) Staff - super fiendly attentive staff starting from leaders who have been assigned to you when you start the program. The leaders will keep track of what you need to do, eat follow your schedule. They are not nurse but served with full caring heart - we really appreciated them. Staff are great starting from reception, kitchen, room cleaning so I would say people in Ubud Sari are very special and love what they doing. Make a huge different for us.

Lowlights
There aren't that many lowlights but important to prepare yourselves. The only thing is really the cleanliness of the outside area - being a humid country it is very difficult to keep everything clean. However there are some basic things: reuse of towel at the swimming pool. I found this is super none higienic. They should have enough towel for everyone for the sun bed and not reuse the towels. Outside Pillows at the foot massage bed and yoga mat are also pretty dirty so I would recommend to bring your own.

We did hear many people complaint that the place is run down and need some touch up work. However we did not mind - the place is old and run down I agree but it does not bother us. We found it quite okay since the room is clean/bathroom towels are also very clean. There were not any bed bugs so rooms are quite decent just outside area need work on a hygienic side of things.

It is important to note though that this place provide more of a fasting and colonic facility. Unlike in Samui where they have more advanced Herbal program to help you detox. This place does not provide detox tea, and all the pills and methods as in Samui. However they just hired a Heath consultant - she was great. She provided individualized program, additional supplement, psyllium to help you with detox. They also don't have coffee colonic here - I am pretty happy with the colonic I had but it would be nice to have coffee colonic as well.

Would I come back again? The answer is definately yes even for just for holidays.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
20  Thank Hugoross
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I decided to start searching for a yoga and health retreat in Bali after going through some ongoing stress for a few months, i read loads of reviews about Ubud Sari and had my heart set on this retreat. When i emailed them to see if i could come late july they were fully booked, so after asking available dates and sweet talking my boss, i was jet setting off by myself within 4 days.

I admit value for money as well as good reviews enticed me, only US$1000, for 6 days including accommodation, all juices (unlimited daily juices-made on medical grade juicer), supplements, health consultation, yoga, meditation, 3 treatments a day , daily colonics.

This was also my first solo visit to Bali, we go about 3 times a year so i felt comfortable to go alone, my boyfriend was working offshore so was very jealous as this is something we always talked about doing......but i just had to go straight away before i lost my sanity.

All i can say is wow, this beautiful place of heaven, such a huge grounds and so so tranquil, filled with tropical plants, plus all there own fruit, vegetables and herbs they grow organically on site!!!

I was so impressed, everything was wonderful, the staff are so attentive and we were allocated our own team leaders (Agus and Sukertini, thank you , you were so wonderful), your program is set out for you and they are flexible with swapping treatments, the sunrise rice field walks were a amazing way to start the day, then yoga and meditation, then juice for breakfast, then a massage and treatment, then another joy juice for lunch, then more pampering and holistic treatments before dinner which was also juice or soup, they also do raw food detox's, for those not so keen on just liquids.

My room was spacious, super clean (they cleaned daily) and lovely, the bed huge and comfortable, i slept so well and felt so safe and secure there by myself. I met some awesome people doing the programs as well.

I cannot recommend this place enough people, i felt so amazing when i came home, the same stress was still there but my mindset had changed and so i was much better equipped to deal with it, and in fact the things that made me stressed to go there have actually been resolved, perhaps coincidence, but i don't believe in coincidence only universal syncronicities!

Do, it don't hesitate for one more minute, its bliss.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank cari_safari78
Reviewed 19 July 2012

last minute booking for just 1 1/2 week change on designated date, we found really please when we reached this place. my partner have stayed one night in one of the room with the outdoor bathroom and he said he would definitely coming back, and there we're.
the room is clean, near the waterfall with a view, the service is very good..the masseuse give the best relaxing massage ever..exploring around ubud by just walking distance and monkey forest street completed our trip when we stay there, we should have stay longer than 2 nights.
we would be back again next year, for sure

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple