All reviews raw food steam room detox program zen villas coconut water juices and smoothies colonic irrigation healing massage green juice herbal tea spirit package hot ginger river room spa treatments body and soul rice fields new wing
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I decided to start searching for a yoga and health retreat in Bali after going through some ongoing stress for a few months, i read loads of reviews about Ubud Sari and had my heart set on this retreat. When i emailed them to see if i could come late july they were fully booked, so after asking available dates and sweet talking my boss, i was jet setting off by myself within 4 days.

I admit value for money as well as good reviews enticed me, only US$1000, for 6 days including accommodation, all juices (unlimited daily juices-made on medical grade juicer), supplements, health consultation, yoga, meditation, 3 treatments a day , daily colonics.

This was also my first solo visit to Bali, we go about 3 times a year so i felt comfortable to go alone, my boyfriend was working offshore so was very jealous as this is something we always talked about doing......but i just had to go straight away before i lost my sanity.

All i can say is wow, this beautiful place of heaven, such a huge grounds and so so tranquil, filled with tropical plants, plus all there own fruit, vegetables and herbs they grow organically on site!!!

I was so impressed, everything was wonderful, the staff are so attentive and we were allocated our own team leaders (Agus and Sukertini, thank you , you were so wonderful), your program is set out for you and they are flexible with swapping treatments, the sunrise rice field walks were a amazing way to start the day, then yoga and meditation, then juice for breakfast, then a massage and treatment, then another joy juice for lunch, then more pampering and holistic treatments before dinner which was also juice or soup, they also do raw food detox's, for those not so keen on just liquids.

My room was spacious, super clean (they cleaned daily) and lovely, the bed huge and comfortable, i slept so well and felt so safe and secure there by myself. I met some awesome people doing the programs as well.

I cannot recommend this place enough people, i felt so amazing when i came home, the same stress was still there but my mindset had changed and so i was much better equipped to deal with it, and in fact the things that made me stressed to go there have actually been resolved, perhaps coincidence, but i don't believe in coincidence only universal syncronicities!

Do, it don't hesitate for one more minute, its bliss.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank cari_safari78
Reviewed 19 July 2012

last minute booking for just 1 1/2 week change on designated date, we found really please when we reached this place. my partner have stayed one night in one of the room with the outdoor bathroom and he said he would definitely coming back, and there we're.
the room is clean, near the waterfall with a view, the service is very good..the masseuse give the best relaxing massage ever..exploring around ubud by just walking distance and monkey forest street completed our trip when we stay there, we should have stay longer than 2 nights.
we would be back again next year, for sure

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Noey_Kamaril
Reviewed 16 June 2012

After reading mixed reviews I had been quite unsure about booking to come here and I am so glad that I did. I'm just at the end of the body, mind, spirit program and feel fantastic. I had a lovely room overlooking the river but also saw 3 other rooms belonging to the other guests. All of them were really nice and I would have been happy in any of them.
The main thing that stands out to me about ubud sari though is the staff. They are all very friendly, attentive and offer you a personalised experience. I found their flexibility t be remarkable as I changed my mind about many things throughout my week here an they did everything they could to accommodate me. They even accompanied me to the police station and interpreted as I needed to make a police report about my phone that was stolen on the way here!
Surprisingly you do not go hungry when you are juice fasting as there is such an amazing range of James and smoothies to choose from and you can drink these all day.
The morning sunrise walks around he rice paddies were lovely. I'm not a yoga expert but didn't really get much benefit from the yoga here. Instead I discovered the yoga barn which is amazing and I recommend anyone coming to stay to check it out sooner rather than later as you will definitely want to do a few classes there.
All in all I think it is fantastic value for money, don't come expecting it to be the ritz but it is clean, tranquil, in beautiful setting and has so many repeat visitors I think that speaks for itself!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank Nikki77Sydney
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Mind you all these were being done through an Australian Agent hence even bigger disappointment.

1. they werent even clear on the services the offered. What they told us and what was on the website was totally not in sync.

2. when making payment they gave us a wrong account. BSB no. and bank account number they mixed up. we had to pay bank charges and forex difference and they didn't offer to refund until we ask them too.

3. WRONG Currency account given. We told them we were going to pay in AUD and the gave us a USD account to pay to. $$ didn't go through and u know what i was told by the Sales manager i liaised with? she said yes it should go through and didn't bother checking with the bank on her side.

even before getting there, we were soooo fruatrated. i honestly wonder how it would be like while there!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank iamanda
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Loved it - stayed last year and going back again this year. I had a different experience and found it really clean. Every day the room was clean and spotless with fresh towels and there is a private gardener who maintains the gardens. There is so much on offer through the resort with incredible spa treatments, to wholesome organic food and morning walks through the rice fields. The staff were really friendly and I felt amazing after staying there a week. I looked into going somewhere different this year, however the place is just so beautiful. I agree they could do with more lounge chairs, however when I did go for a swim in the pool it meant it was never crowded. The yoga is a classical gentle yoga and studying to become a yoga teacher I found it really helped me to unwind and tune into my mind and body. If you were after a stronger power yoga class then Yoga Barn is not too far away.

Room Tip: Definitely try and get a villa
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family