All reviews raw food steam room detox program zen villas coconut water juices and smoothies colonic irrigation healing massage green juice herbal tea spirit package hot ginger river room spa treatments body and soul rice fields new wing
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Good location just up from Monkey Forest Road down a quiet lane. Approx five - ten minutes walk from the top of Monkey Foest Road by the temples. Breakfast reasonable, pool nice but not many sun loungers. Rooms are basic and for $60-$80 dollars you can get much better in Ubud. Morning yoga is very basic and spa areas seemed dated.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlistairDowns
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I was there a few weeks ago, all of the rooms are infested with bed bugs, not just in the beds but also jumping off the walls. The place is dirty, no attention to cleanliness. The Sarongs we got to wear for our treatments were supposed to be washed, you could feel the oil in them. In the ladies change rooms close to the treatment rooms, a hair dryer was in a basket along with a chomb, which was dirty. This comb was left for all of use to use, yuck. The seating areas the cushions were very dirty. I certainly will not be recommending this place to any of my friends.

Room Tip: There is no good room, the place needs a good clean.
Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I tried to book a 1 week detox through their online booking form 6 months before arriving in ubud. Despite sending 5 emails I got no response. I did end up locating their Australian booking agent in the end, but this was only a month before traveling and they were helpful, but it was booked out. In the end I booked somewhere else for something similar. While in ubud I did visit the ubud sari health resort to see what it was like and to consider attending a future detox. Having visited, I'm glad I'm going elsewhere. The tour they provided of a room was a surprise, I was prepared for it to be pretty rustic and I'm by no means a top end traveller, but it felt ba little like a cell block with a curtain sectioning off the bathroom, to access you needed to step over stagnant water which would be a mosquito nightmare and the river it overlooked was more like rubbish flow, not the laid back environment I'd imagined. The pool also looked a little murky. The common areas were quite ute an I did try a smoothie and health tonic in their cafe which was very nice, but quite expensive. Having been in ubud over a week and looked around many accommodation and health related places, I feel you can defineyly get better quality accommodation, food, service and ambience for their price tg. I won't be recommending them to my friends.

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank somedays_i_am
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This is a great place to relax and focus on getting healthy. The staff are lovely and willing to assist you in every way. They have program's to fit all needs but are also refreshingly totally flexible. The massages and treatments are as good as you'll find anywhere else and the food at the restuarant is deliciously healthy. If you stay here i would reccomend asking for one of the Zen Villas.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank justabigadventure
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have stayed at Ubud Sari 6 times so far over the last 10 years, I love it, but it is a 2-3 star place and pretty basic, massage staff are great and the fasting and walks and colonics and yoga are all well run! I recommend the site to those wanting peace, quiet and not any glitzy stuff!
Stephen Moss

Room Tip: ask for a water fall room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo