Where ever you travel in the world it is always nice to to stay at a good hotel / guesthouse, it can make a big difference to your holiday/travels.So we read many reviews regarding the Ubud area & decided on the Komaneka at Tanggayuda, it is probably the smallest of the four Komanekas in the area, which we liked as it felt more intimate & quiet. It is about 15 mins drive from the center of Ubud but this was no problem as they run a very efficient shuttle service & we felt it was nice to leave the hustle & bustle behind & retreat to this beautiful haven. We took advantage of the shuttle service to visit the other Komanekas for afternoon tea, which is not like English afternoon tea but of coarse the Balinese version which was always very delicious. It was also interesting to compare the other hotels as we were always offered a guided tour by the lovely staff. The Komaneka at Bisma was very impressive but for us a little on the large size.
A recent reviewer commented on the food at Tanggayuda being average, we cannot understand this as we ate alot at the lovely restaurant & always had very good meals & the breakfasts were beautiful with a very good selection.
All the villas are lovely & set in their own little private areas, the pool is beautiful with stunning views across the valley to the rice paddy's. The walk through the rice fields to the village with JJ is to be recommended
Finally back to my original comment on finding the right hotel, Komaneka at Tanggayuda definitely turned out to be the right choice for us but it was not just the location, the villas the pool & the food that made it special it was the staff, from the moment we arrived they treated us as friends & welcomed us to the Komaneka family. From the first day they greeted us by first names, always welcomed us back to the hotel with" Welcome home " & asked how our daily excursions had been. They presented me with a Birthday cake only minutes after our original arrival, cooked a very special meal for us & gave us complimentary gifts from the Komaneka family. They could not do enough for us & always with their beautiful smiles.
All in all this is a very special hotel with very special people who we will remember with affection always.
Thank you so much to our family at Komaneka Tanggayuda. We hope to see you again some day.
Bapak Joe & Ibu Helen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Tanggayuda Hidden away and refreshing in a peaceful location with beautiful valley view's over the Batukaru mountain, feature spacious rooms and villas with private veranda to completed your memorable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Komaneka at Tanggayuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Ubud, Bali
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Hotel Ubud