All reviews shindu room dewi room yamuna room monkey forest lake leke afternoon tea rice fields day bed private pool each morning upstairs room free shuttle huge room fish pond shuttle service traditional balinese style central ubud
Reviewed 12 October 2018

After spending time in busy Legian, we loved the peace and quiet of this beautiful place. The room (Shindu) was huge with a garden bathroom. It was easy to walk into Ubud and look around the shops and restaurants, but equally easy to just spend the day at the pool after the delicious breakfast on our terrace. The free afternoon tea is a nice touch and they will bring it to the pool if you want. The rooms are spread out in beautiful gardens so we looked out on flowers and a lily pond. All the staff were friendly and kind. They have a free driver service to any restaurant in the area which saves a lot of hassle. Definitely planning to go back to Alam Shanti and stay much longer!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
alamindahbali, Front Office Manager at Alam Shanti, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Thank you for taking time to write your review on Trip Advisor.
Nice to hear you enjoy your stay with us especially the rooms, garden and the friendly staffs.
Look forward to welcome you again next time.
Kind regards,
Ayu

Reviewed 7 October 2018

I have stayed in all 3 "Alam" properties in the Ubud area (Nyuhkuning) of Bali. Each one has lovely details, gorgeous gardens and kind people working there. This was my first time at this one, Alam Shanti, and I was pleasantly surprised. I found the staff to be incredibly helpful and kind. I am the sort of person who has requests -- I am sensitive and detail oriented -- I even sometimes re-design the furniture layout if I'm staying in a room for several days. I did just that here and they were so accommodating -- bringing a daybed in from the patio for me and helping me to keep the mosquito net tucked in for my safety (those buggers love me!). The bathrooms in these rooms are HUGE, which is fun for me as mine at home, though it's beautiful, is tiny! And the upstairs rooms have the extremely high ceilings found in traditional Balinese structures -- the spaciousness is wonderful. I felt very cared for during my long stay here this year (11 nights). Everyone showed an interest in my day and plans -- making sure I had everything I needed and that I was enjoying myself. I highly recommend these properties -- ALL of them... And, by the way, in case you've read my other reviews from this stay in Bali (my fourth), here the mattress was spotless! Simple, yes -- just foam covered with fabric, but definitely brand new and surprisingly comfortable. The only things I will mention that could be improved are a) the towels -- they could definitely be better - larger and thicker (I have told them), and b) the pillows (though I was able to find one that worked for me:). There are no robes here -- bring your own. Sadly, there is construction all over Bali these days, and that was the case here (their neighbors), but I really only heard it a lot one morning. Otherwise, mornings there are blissfully quiet and peaceful. AND breakfast is large and delicious! Mornings when I left early for long trips, they packed my breakfast to take along with me. Try the Banana Pancake. Thank you Alam Shanti and all of the Alam Group for taking such great care of me! I adore you and I will be back!

Room Tip: All are lovely, though mine, Dewi, has a bath and not a true shower, be warned... I got used to it :).
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2018

There are many special things about this hotel—the setting, the fabulous breakfasts, the authentic decor, and most of all, the warm, welcoming, and wonderful staff. From Ayu and the rest of the excellent staff at the front desk, to Khaled, and all of the friendly and helpful staff, to the drivers and gardeners. The grounds are beautiful. We left, and found our new accommodations dirty and unacceptable, and the staff at Alam Shanti found a room for us, and we returned and were welcomed with open arms. We stayed in several different rooms. The first one had a view of the rice paddies, the second had a large, spacious deck with a Day bed, table and chairs, and the third had an outdoor shower. Each room was interesting and delightful, and spotlessly clean, We were there during several earthquakes on Lombok, that were felt in Bali as well, and the staff ran over to check on us, and see if we needed anything. In the afternoon they serve cake and coffee or tea, and there were several families with young children. The staff did everything they could to accommodate the dietary preferences of the little ones. I have never stayed any place where the staff was more welcoming and attentive. I hated to leave, and miss them all. I can’t wait to return, and see all my “friends” once again. This hotel is behind the monkey forest, and very close to Ibud central, but also very peaceful and beautiful. I really miss the banana crepes, the fresh juice, and the delicious Indonesian breakfasts as well. Every staff member gets an A+ for effort and a job well done, and Ayu seems to be the one who holds everything together!

Room Tip: Loved looking out over the rice paddies, and there are larger villas with more bedrooms and a private pool. You can’t go wrong!
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank sunandfunOR
alamindahbali, Front Office Manager at Alam Shanti, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you very much for taking time to write your review on Trip Advisor.
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Alam Shanti especially the grounds, breakfast and the staffs....
Thank you for being part of our Bali family.
And we do hope to welcome you again next time.
All the best to you and your family.
Ayu for all

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Honestly I’m sure AlamShanti doesn’t need my review. But you know you occasionally go to a resort and think I’ll return - to Bali - just because I loved the hotel.
My partner was disappointed because he didn’t get the room he booked. UNTIL he saw the room we were given. Lordy Lordy. It is gorgeous.
The hotel rooms have names rather than numbers. Ours was Gayatri. It had two sitting rooms. The large one overlooks a rice paddy and the view from the smaller room is so beautiful. You can see tall trees, pretty gardens and even a thin waterfall. And monkeys!! We were told to leave the windows in the sitting rooms closed when we aren’t there. Believe me. The staff know what they’re talking about.
We had breakfast and afternoon tea brought to our room. There is a great spa but much cheaper options right outside. I did have a facial for about thirty or so AUS dollars. It was wonderful.
My partner liked the pool. I wasn’t that impressed but it’s clean and cool and fine for a dip.
A really lovely place with friendly, helpful staff. It’s not right in Ubud but it is close to the amazing Monkey Forest.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 91theresen
alamindahbali, Guest Relations Manager at Alam Shanti, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Therese,

Thank you for your time to write great review and we are happy to hear you had wonderful stay with us in Alam Shanti
we hope to welcome you back to your second home in Bali

All the best from us

Tami for Alam Shanti

Reviewed 8 July 2018

We had looked for a brilliant, small hotel experience in Ubud. Alam Shanti delivered this in spades. It is set off the road off a relatively quiet street out the back of the Monkey Forest. It comprises several villas well separated from each other. The accommodation was wonderful in modern/tradition style. Very comfortable and great views over rice fields. The thing that really made our stay was the hospitality of the staff. Nothing was too much trouble helped to make the stay extremely memorable. From our welcome, to the shuttle car driver, to the health spa and the daily delivery of breakfast and afternoon tea to our balconies we couldn't have been more treated. We would definitely return if going back to Ubud.

Room Tip: All the rooms / villas that we saw looked good but some do have a private pool.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
alamindahbali, Front Office Manager at Alam Shanti, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you for taking time to write your review on Trip Advisor.
Nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you again next time.
All the best from Alam Shanti,