Lowest prices for your stay
USD 32
Free cancellation until 30/10/21
TravelocityUSD 32
CheapTicketsUSD 32
eDreamsUSD 26
All reviews deluxe room rice nice swimming infinity pool off monkey forest road fresh juice rooms are nice air conditioner field bali plugs bathtub nyoman laundry serenity yoga
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Our first night in Ubud and we went here on recommendation of our villa. We weren't disappointed (although not in the same league as some of the other restaurants around town) as this was a great feast.

Room tip: this is a restaurat not hotel hahaha
Date of stay: March 2012
1  Thank luffytre
Reviewed 1 November 2012

view days ago , I try get hotel near ubud with my friends from french,so he stay at cendana resort ubud,this nice place and more go inside from mains street ubud /monkey forest roads way.with nice room and good swimming pool and good price for accommodation at ubud area.
in the night we go walk about 10 minutes to ubud palace and see the legong dance and get some meal at cafe wayan.and when back to hotel just walk not far.
we hope next time we can agiants with our friends to here.

Room tip: room with aircond and views rice fields
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Went for this hotel when it seemed all the other good ones were taken in Ubud. Located in the middle of Jalan Monkey Forest with Monkey forest sanctuary 700 meters down the road and Ubud market 400 meters up the road. Its a medium sized property and houses several buildings overlooking a small rice field. They have a spa, restaurant and two swimming pools. Gardens are artfully decorated with Balinese statues and art. Skillfully carved wooden doors and furniture make you appreciate it even more. Service here was very good and they helped us more than we could demand. The road outside is full of art shops, restaurants, mini malls, etc, all you could ask for right outside. Was here in the low season i guess because it was not many people to be seen in the restaurants and around. It felt very good imagining how easily this small place could be overcrowded.

Room tip: Went for the deluxe room on second floor in the last building to get as far away from the road as possible due to some reviews i read about noise coming from nearby bars.
Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed in a deluxe room which had a comfortable four-poster bed, air-conditioning and a fridge. The bathroom was huge with a bathtub and good water pressure although the shower had no soap holder. Although both the room & bathroom were clean, the toilet looked somewhat dirty as it was a bit stained inside the bowl. Our room was downstairs and had a good sized verandah. The staff were friendly and helpful. The resort being on Monkey Forest Road is in a great location within walking distance of Ubud Palace & markets, the Monkey Forest and also numerous restaurants & shops. Ubud is very busy but when you come into the resort you feel like you are in a totally different place; it is so quiet, peaceful & pleasant overlooking the rice paddies and with lovely gardens outside the rooms. There were two pools, one being a very inviting infinity pool overlooking the rice paddies. They had the most delicious banana pancakes in their breakfast buffet. This resort was great value for Ubud and we would stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I usually stay at Wahyu Bungalows when in Ubud (also on Monkey Forest Road, behind the soccer field), as they are cheap and cheerful. But as I was travelling with my mother on this trip I decided to go a bit more upmarket for her.
I had visited friends staying at Cendana last year, so was familiar with the rooms and grounds. At $95 a night (Deluxe room), it was nearly 4 times the price of Wahyu...but obviously got a higher standard of rooms and facilities.
The staff were lovely, breakfast adequate, meals at the restaurant well-priced and delicious. The pool by the rice paddy was divine and the gardens throughout the whole hotel were beautiful.
I had requested a room on the upper level so we could have a private balcony and enjoy the views, however when being taken to our room on the first day, my Mum tripped on the top step (which was a different height to all the other steps...yep...that's Bali!) and so I asked if a ground floor room may be available. They were very happy to oblige.
The hotel wasn't very full, so it was all still very private on our ground floor deck and overlooked the lovely gardens. There was just one long seat on our deck that was like a church pew and not very comfy...though saw some other rooms at the front of the hotel with some divine loungers on their terrace (I wanted one!!) and I think they were the standard rooms as well!!
The other trip hazard was the door to the bathroom. One of those ornate Balinese framed doorways with the double door (that was noisy and didn't close properly)...and quite a step over into the bathroom. Thankfully we had torches for night time bathroom visits and managed to avoid any "trips"! The door may have been traditional, but actually a bit annoying and I was very nervous my Mum would come a cropper!
The room was spacious enough with comfy beds (though was a bit squeasy with a double and single in the same room) and had big windows on two sides (though the thin curtains did let a bit of light in). No traffic noise...just the sounds of frogs, geckos and crickets (lovely!).
The location was the big appeal! Restaurants, bars, shops...everything you could want...just outside the hotel.
Basically, it is a lovely hotel and would consider staying here again. I have sounded a bit negative in this review I guess...but the location and ambience were worth the money. But as a regular Bali visitor I did think the price was a bit high for what we got...but it is a popular hotel and so they obviously still get the bookings at that price.
If I could order thicker curtains, two of those comfy loungers on the deck, normal bathroom doorway ... perfect :)

Date of stay: October 2012