USD 355
USD 788
USD 704
USD 628
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 788/night.

All reviewswalking distancecable channelsgreat homestaynasi gorengmonkey forestevery morninglight sleeperbring earplugsfried ricedeluxe roomkoi pondubud citythe ground floorrooms are cleanbed was comfortablehot showerthree nights
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I stayed at Teja recently for 4 nights. For the price (35, 000IDR for superior room), it was great value as the room was huge, with A/C, 2 bottles of complimentary water, hot shower, a huge closet and many cable channels (the most I've seen in all my travels!). It came with breakfast which was either fried rice with egg (local), omelette with toast, or club sandwich; all served with coffee/tea and fruits or fruit juice :)

My superior room was on the ground floor (Room 1) and situated centrally near the entrance and the communal eating area. This meant potential noise as you can hear guests/staff entering or talking anytime. For those who want natural light, please note there is only a tiny window in my room, but opening it means insects can fly in (mosquitoes!). You can always sit outside the room as there was a veranda with a daybed right outside my room.

The family and staff are polite and try their best to make your stay comfortable. As a solo female, I felt very safe and taken care of, especially by the male staff and the grandmother. The driver they hired for my airport transfer was also pleasant and considerate.

As others have mentioned, the location is fantastic because it is near all the quaint shops and restaurants, yet hidden away to be relatively quiet and secluded.

I took a point off this review because I am a light sleeper and a quiet place is important for me. While my 1st night at Teja was TOTALLY quiet and I sleep so well, the next few nights were different. Their neighbour's dog may howl and bark throughout the night, there is a rooster and the talking shrill birds the owner keeps will start their cacophony at 6am daily. If you are a light sleeper like me, you may want to bring ear plugs and use white noise. I used both and slept ok :)

I may stay in Teja again, unless I can find another place with equal value and good location to beat the price!

Room Tip: ground floor rooms are noisier
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank runningnose
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Myself with my brother stayed at Teja's for 2 days in our latest Bali trip to Ubud . I have to say that this is the best place I stayed . The room was really big , bed was comfortable , AC was cool , Wifi Speed was excellent and it was really clean. Service was excellent. Only downside was breakfast . In case of Tejas their default breakfast option is fried rice (Nasi goreng) which is unpalatable in our Indian taste. For the 1st day we told that we want bread -omelette and we got it . Next day we forgot to inform and we had to consume the sweet banana pancake in breakfast . But I won't blame it on Tejas. The quality of food in Bali overall is poor and price is exorbitant . In spite of the disappointment with breakfast , I would give Tejas a 5 star because of the location , the hospitably , size of the room , the talking bird at the courtyard and a grand balcony. I would recommend any Indians to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Bring earplugs!
This was a great place to stay, nice big rooms, really friendly staff, great breakfast cooked by the owner in the morning (Something different every day, ask her in advance if she can make you an omelette with onion etc cause it was great).
The staff did tell us when we checked in that there are some dogs around that bark at night but we underestimated them and the first night we stayed my girlfriend and i both woke up several times due to the noise. The second night was much better. Location is good if you want to be in Ubud city, very close to monkey forest and markets, but if you want a more relaxing location around rice fields etc look for a place further from the town.
Definitely check this place out, bring ear plugs, and dont let the noise ruin a great place to stay

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allanwbutler
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. The homestay is really kept well. There is a small fishpond and a couple of bird cages. The speciality is that the birds can speak. This was really awesome. The room was clean and as seen in pics. The bathroom was clean and spacious with toiletries provided. However the bf served is limited.they have some rice , bread ,omlette and coffee with juice. While that is sufficient, we didn't try the rice as we didn't like Bali style of cooking rice, hence chose bread n omelette, but we were only provided with two slices of bread, when asked for extra they were refusing or will be charged extra. I was not happy with that, when such limited bf is provided what is the problem in giving a few extra slices of bread? That is the reason I am taking out that one point.
Also the stay is in centre of ubud which is a plus point

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Staff were welcoming and helpful. I had a spacious upstairs room with a large private balcony. I stayed a week, and enjoyed delicious Balinese breakfasts every day while looking out at orchids and birds in the courtyard. Even though located on one of the main streets there was no traffic noise. It was in walking distance of central Ubud and the monkey forest. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo