“Magical and enchanting fairytale rice field castle”
other travellers have booked this property
The Treehouse Joglo living area flows onto a generous bathroom overlooking the ravine
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Looking towards the stairs in the Treehouse Joglo living area
The Master Bedroom has floor to ceiling windows looking to the rice fields
The luxurious open bathroom looking over the private ravine in the Treehouse Joglo
A buddha in the Treehouse bathroom looks over the rice fields
The Treehouse second bedroom
Another bedroom includes a desk overlooking the ravine
Languish in the shade of a bale by the raised pool with rice field views
Looking onto the pool area from the Dutch Joglo balcony
Many species of flower give so much colour to the gardens!
Welcome to the Rice Joglo Property
A unique antique retreat amongst the rice fields just 20 minutes walk from Ubud Centre
Our friends, the ducks come to visit after the rice has been harvested
Entrance way to the Lotus Suite
Watermelon fresh from the ground
Salad made from the organic vegetable garden
Order a local chef to cook dinner for a modest price
Balinese potato cakes
Cap Cay, a popular Balinese vegetable curry
Sunset from the pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Italian first
Any
wandering...
“Magical and enchanting fairytale rice field castle”
Reviewed 5 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

The Rice Joglo requires a unique moped ride or a walk down the famed Ubud Kajeng Rice Fields trail at the edge of Ubud. I feel blessed to have booked a stay here and enjoyed my 4 nights immensely. It is in a dreamy working area of the rice fields where flocks of ducks wander about by day and fireflies dance over the fields in the evening.

The Joglos themselves sit at the edge of a wild palm jungle, nestled between two rice fields. The bathroom in the Ravine Joglo is completely open to the jungle; I've never experienced anything like it! Our Joglo was 2 story with a third floor loft. There is a ground floor patio and a lovely second floor deck, complete with hanging lounge chair. The views are enchanting from every direction.

The building are lovingly constructed and I felt like I was sleeping in a work of art. Breakfast every morning was generous and healthy. We were lucky enough to have a hands on lesson in making some daily offerings, provided free of charge by the owner. This would be a wonderful adventure for a family, a fun romantic stay, and a great spot for a girls trip. Honestly, I would never stay anywhere else in Ubud. This was a most enchanting stay.

Your age range 35-49
penny c
Bangkok, Thailand
“A beautiful quaint place to stay in the middle of an Ubud rice field”
Reviewed 23 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

The Rice Joglo was an absolute beauty. The location and the accommodation itself was perfect. Located in the middle of an Ubud rice field, every direction you look is green and gorgeous.
If you want to get away from the overly touristic Ubud centre..this is the place to be.

Esther B
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“This place is like Wonderland!!”
Reviewed 22 December 2016 for a stay in October 2016

A half year ago I stayed at the Rice Joglo and because I fell in love with this beautiful place I decided to stay here again for another week! And this time it was even better :)

The host Sonu just created two new wooden cabins and I was the lucky girl who could stay in one of them. All the details, design of the bed, inside balcony, big mirror, carvings in the wooden doors, the three inside the bathroom, lamps and statues.. Wauw! And everything is eco, Sonu is an artist and really does care about the nature. For example: he would never cut a single three, but let it be part of the buildings! I was like Alice in Wonderland!

You don't even have to explore Ubud, because a day at the Rice Joglo is already such a great, relaxed and local experience. After a good night of sleep - very comfortable matrass, soft blankets and lots of pillows - you will wake up, open your eyes and see the beautiful rice fields just in front of you. Sometimes you will even see the local farmers planting rice. Breathtaking! You will move towards the balcony, sit down in the huge hanging chair and sip your chai tea - made with love by Sonu - in the sun. Time for a hot shower. The open bathroom is facing the jungle, so it feels like you are having a shower in the middle of the nature! And last but not least: breakfast. The food - made by Wayan - is amazing. Always fresh and straight from their own big organic veggie-garden. One day she made fresh duck eggs with spinach, tomato, garlic and rocket. Another day a plate full of tropical fruits and toast - yes delicious brown bread - with homemade jam. And while having breakfast, Sonu was always there for a nice chat or to give me some advice about what to in Ubud/Bali. If you love to socialize: the kitchen is the place to be. And for some refreshment you can jump into the swimmingpool in the garden. Am I in a dream?

Beside the unique and wonderful design of the Rice Joglo, it's the friendly staff that gave me such a good time! Made, the gardener, was always happy to provide some fresh fruits, coconuts or herbal tea during the day. And he also teached me how to paint and showed me all the 'Rice Joglo animals' like ducks, rabbits and porcupines. When I told Sonu I'm crazy about indian food, he decided to cook dinner and I had the best aloo gobi and dal ever and a really nice evening together with the other guests! He took me to one of his friends (Kadek) to be part of a big cermony, what an experience. And he also organized yoga at the rooftop of the kitchen and arranged a lady to give me a massage in my room. Perfect!

The Rice Joglo is such a special and cosy place, I was so sad to leave.. Thanks again! This place feels like home and I'm already looking forward to go back!!

Molly G
“Such an amazing place!!”
Reviewed 22 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

I stayed here for five days with six friends and we had an incredible time! The rooms were all beautiful, the gardens were lovely and we were spoilt rotten every morning by the breakfast cooked by Wayan and Sonu - I'm still missing their homemade jam and banana pancakes! Totally worth the slight trip outside the main town- by far the best place we stayed at in Bali

AjaiNidha...
Alexandria, Virginia
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed 9 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

The Rice Joggle truly felt like a peaceful sanctuary nettled in the middle of the rice fields. If you're looking for a place to stay that makes you feel like you are living in Bali rather than just visiting, this is the place for you. You quickly begin to feel like family to the staff on the property, they are so helpful and friendly, and made sure that all our needs are met. Wayan the property manager setup day tours for us, taught us how to make Canangs, and arranged for us to have dinner with a local family, where we enjoyed a traditional duck dish. I'm looking forward to returning again next year.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The staff, room furnishings, breakfast, and the small animals on property (bunnies).
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing