2,419 results
All reviewsdala spayoga barnpetani restaurantmonkey forestafternoon tearice fieldsbeautiful hotela la carte breakfastyogurtrain showerlocation was perfectrooms are spaciousbreakfast menurestaurants and shopsdeluxe roomour honeymoonthe main street
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If you want a quiet sleep, Alaya deluxe rooms located near the front of the property won’t be the solution.
Walls were made from some plastic type board where you can hear people sneezing, walking past and talking. This would also mean folks in the corridor can hear you snore!
Made a fuss and the management upgraded me to a suite which is by the spa and has an elevator whisking you up to five floors of rooms. These rooms are a whole lot quieter with better sound proofing. The spa services were not bad. Had a massage and a body scrub. Priced reasonably.
Meals at Petani had a diversified local and Western menu to satisfy various palates except a purely Chinese or Indian palate.
Service staff in the entire hotel is well trained, and most spoke English. Drinks at either one of the dining spots are expensive.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank AsianPeregrinator
Alayahotels, Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear AsianPeregrinator,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you for staying at Alaya Resort Ubud and taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We regret the inconvenience with regards to the noise room, food & beverages issues and took the necessary measures to rectify it. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Rest assured your comments will be considered in any refurbishment or improvement we are able to undertake. I hope that, despite the above, there were other aspects you have truly enjoyed during your stay.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to serve you better in a near future.

Abdi
Duty Manager

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Booked this hotel for a 3 night stay for me and my mum. I did request a twin bed however they seem to have forgotten and as we arrived at 1am, I thought it would be too much hassle for them to change it. The bed was big enough for the two of us to share. Bathrobe, slippers and more was provided.

However the room was beautiful, we had room 337 with a lovely balcony and above the spa and gym, which was fantastic. I loved having a room higher up as we woke up with a great view. We used the spa 3 times during our stay, yes it is a little bit pricier than what you get outside but it was very affordable coming from London. The service at the spa was amazing and possibly the best treatment for my mum. The room does not have a separate bathroom it was all very open plan. Immaculately cleaned every day.

The pool was lovely, nice sun loungers and clean.

Staff were all very friendly and so helpful. I stayed at other resorts after Alaya, and the staff at Alaya were friendly but not too overbearing which was great.

Food - Food was ok. Breakfast was lovely but can be limiting if staying there for long periods of time. It would be great if they offered a wider selection of fruits and a lot more fruits for a country rich in them. We only had dinner once at the restaurant and it was a very enjoyable meal.

Location - Location was perfect. Next, to a supermarket, 10 mins walk from the centre and a few minutes from the monkey forest. We even walked to the temple to see the Balinese dancing, it's quite nice not to depend on a driver at times. Great as you can relax in the hotel during the afternoon then spend the evening out.

Tours - I did book the cycling tour with Alaya resort which was a lot of fun! The driver Kadak (not sure if spelt correctly) was great. My mum did struggle at parts but she is over 50 and was able to do it! The coffee plantation we were taken after was one of the better ones we visited. Thanks again Kadak!

Overall, Alaya resort is highly recommended and I will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: Higher up rooms have an amazing view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank CarolineLYD
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This is my second stay at Alaya Resort and loved it just as much as the first time. The Alaya rooms are beautifully appointed with plenty of space. The staff are lovely and always ready to help. It is about a 10 minute walk to the monkey forest and about another 15 minute walk to the market and Royal Palace.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2018

A very nice experience at Alaya Ubud. We were early to arrive and they gave us an early check-in and a very spacious room. The staff was very courteous and explained to us all the facilities available at the property. Breakfast spread was good and the tea & snacks in the evening was delicious.
The room was good and the facilities were equally good. Only drawback we felt was, the toilet didn't have walls and was covered with curtains!.
The staff was always cheerful and attended to all the needs.
The location of the hotel is really good with very good eateries nearby. There is a Coco supermarket right next to the resort. Monkey forest is 2 minutes walk from this place.
I would certainly recommend the property to anyone. It is affordable and comfortable place to stay in Ubud.

Room Tip: get rooms away from the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Alayahotels, General Manager at Alaya Resort Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear John T,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

Thank you very much for your kind review, I'm so glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations and you were enjoyed our resort and its facilities. Also thank you for your highly recommending the resort to other readers on Tripadvisor.

Allow me and all my team looking forward to welcoming you to stay with us again in the near future.

Dewi Mas, CHA, CHT

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We were truly wowed by our entire stay at Alaya Ubud!
Our room was huge and absolutely beautiful. Hotel staff and facilities were all of a superb standard.
The Dala Spa was excellent, and offered great discounts to hotel residents, with very luxurious packages making us feel well and truly relaxed.
We loved the a la carte breakfast - so much more appealing the than usual buffet style that we expected! The hotel also provides complimentary afternoon tea/coffee with a selection of cakes - which was lovely each afternoon!
We arranged a transfer from the airport with the hotel, and Komang collected us. He went above and beyond with welcoming us to Bali, which was so lovely after a very long flight from London. We also arranged a half day tour through the hotel to see the waterfalls, volcano, temples and rice terrace. It was great value, and again Komang was so lovely driving us from place to place and teaching us about everything on route.
The hotel is in the heart of the action in Ubud, but a total oasis from the busy streets outside. An absolutely beautiful stay, thank you!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Int91,

Greetings from Alaya Resort Ubud.

I am very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Alaya Resort Ubud. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I am so honored that we met your expectation and you enjoyed our resort and its facilities. Thank you also for highlighted our Dala SPA.

Once again thank you for sharing your review with other travelers on TripAdvisor and look forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Dewi Mas, CHA, CHT