All reviewsthe main housethe entire staffhidden gem in ubudlush gardensevery morningubud palaceother guestsparadisevillajunglebalipondblisswarungtubprivacy
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

The villa and 4 small cabanas arr great for retreats. The space is in a jungle with a lot of animal noise which adds to the relaxing atmosphere. The food is so delicious that its a real treat to eat breakfast there. All staff is incredibly friendly and made us feel welcomed and at home. The location is very good - quiet yet close to the main road.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lucy B
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at many villas out from Ubud. All are different and this was no exception.
A 10 minute walk to the Main Street and yet the feeling is mature tropical garden with ponds of fish and turtles!
Great pool with adjoining shallow pool for kids.
The villa is not new but the living area is generous and open. The main bedroom in on the ground floor with 2 more bedrooms up stairs with a large balcony and living area with TV.
The site has a number of other cottages which were vacant during our 5 night stay.
Staff were good with Nudi an excellent cook and host. Breakfast included was varied and sufficient for the day!
The bathrooms were good but could do with an upgrade as could some of the garden and pool furniture.
This is a peaceful, private villa which is ageing well in a beautiful setting. I'm not sure how we would have dealt with other guests in the cottages.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank BobbAdelaide
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Villa Madu is a beautiful serene oasis in the hustle and bustle of Ubud. Adriene and her amazing staff went above and beyond for us during our photography retreat. The accommodations are wonderful, the villa itself was comfortable and absolutely perfect for our needs. The grounds are lush and private and having the additional cottages meant we could have additional privacy when needed. I cannot say enough about the staff. Nurdi, our chef and main contact, was both an amazing chef and a wonderful caring lady. She made Villa Madu feel like home.

I would absolutely recommend Villa Madu. It’s perfect for a medium sized group or family as either a jumping off point to see more of Bali or just a place to relax and rejuvenate.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank nef000
Reviewed 24 October 2017

There are so many great things to say about the Villa Madu and the staff. They did an amazing job during my stay, no details left unturned. I was met at the airport by one of the staff and transported to Villa Madu.

From the moment of my arrival I felt like I was part of a small family. I was greeted with smiles and made to feel very welcome. The resort is comfortable and incredibly well designed. My room overlooked the forest, filled with tranquility and life. The beautiful bathroom held a luxurious tub located on an outdoor balcony; a great spot to soak, meditate and gaze at the night sky.

At this peaceful setting, one can also experience a relaxing massage as well as, delicious Indonesian cuisine. The Villa is located in close proximity to cultural sites, local shops and tasty eateries.

Needless to say, I fell in love with this beautiful resort in Ubud, on the island of Bali, staffed by kind, hospitable people.

I highly recommend you visit Villa Madu and feel quite certain you will be pleased with your stay.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Duane L
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Villa Madu is in a gorgeous setting, with lush gardens, amazing pool and jungle views. The main house is very stylish. The cabins and bungalows are a little more rustic, but have everything you need. Adrienne was very welcoming and all the staff were very attentive and took every care looking after us. Dee is an amazing cook and served us tasty breakfasts every morning.

Dee also prepared a fantastic traditional Indonesian dinner for the 8 of us for my milestone birthday. The staff decorated the garden beautifully in preparation for the celebration, but due to heavy rain we weren't able to have dinner in the garden, Instead they set up the large dining room table and re-arranged the living room furniture to make room for the Balinese musicians and dancers (who had fun with us, letting us 'play' the gamelan and trying to teach us a few dance moves, with some hilarious outcomes). If you stay at Villa Madu, definitely organise a dinner!!

On our first night there, we arrived after 6.30 and it was pouring. We phone ordered home delivery Thai food from Lemongrass restaurant at the end of the driveway. The lovely staff brought the food, set the table (including pouring us all a glass of water), cleared away and washed the dishes - not just your regular takeaway!!!

Unfortunately, the unseasonal rain continued for a fair bit of our 6 days there, so we only used the pool once, and can you believe, it was actually cold! We've been to Bali 15 times and never seen crazy weather like it, even in wet season. Still, the villa had enough space for everyone to not get cabin fever. We also used the villa drivers for transport a few times.

The villa is in a good location, walking distance to restaurants, shops etc. but far enough from the traffic jams/crowds to be peaceful. Finally, we loved the turtles in the pond and that they could swim through a gap to visit you in the downstairs guest toilet :)
Thank you everyone at Villa Madu!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family