“Very old....”
Review of Okawati Hotel

Okawati Hotel
Ranked #115 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Was expecting more for the price. Breakfast was good but room walls were so thin I could clearly hear conversations from both sides of my room. Staff wasn't over friendly. toilet was constantly running and overall the hotel is in need of some serious updating or sprucing up.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Arc131
There are newer reviews for Okawati Hotel

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed here in August 2011 and shared an upstairs 2 bedroom. The hotel is a little walk off of the road (so a flashlight is helpful at night) which provides a nice buffer from the noise of the busy street. the accommodations are pretty basic, but very clean. Our bathroom was a little older, but the shower put out hot water, and that's all I really need.

The daily breakfast provided is very yummy- I loved the yogurt! A great way to start the day.

The porches were a great place to sit and read in the afternoon, and the hotel feels very safe.

Room Tip: Right in town! easy access to monkey forest and Ubud!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed at Okawati's for 6 nights in October 2011 (my friend stayed in a homestay elsewhere). It's only a couple of mins walk down a laneway off Monkey Forest Road, and is away from all the hustle & bustle and very quiet. I had a superior room upstairs overlooking the pool. Room & bathroom large and clean, with traditional Balinese decor, and big comfortable bed. The only downside is that the walls are very thin and I could hear everything from next door, also my roof leaked a bit when it rained. The staff are extremely polite and helpful, and the breakfast was great, served on my balcony with a smile every morning. Okawati herself is a delightful lady and likes to have a chat. I felt very safe and secure here and would recommend it to any female travelling alone. It felt like home away from home.

Room Tip: I would choose a corner, upstairs room, so you only have one common wall with your neighbours. Woul...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Janice S
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My cousins and I stayed at the Okawati hotel in January 2012. There was 3 of us in one room and we were very comfortable. We had a delux room with plenty of space to lay out all our stuff. We had the hotel pick us up from the airport with no problems, they were waiting just outside with a very visible sign. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is fantastic, down a couple of alley ways from the main strip means that it is very quiet but right in the heart of restaurants and bars. Breakfast is delivered to your room or served in the restaurant overlooking the pool and rice fields. And there are only a few rooms so it is always peaceful. Highly recommend and will certainly be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarak8Melbourne
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This is exactly the kind of place that made Ubud famous for hospitality. Love the location–quiet (when there's no construction) but easy walking distance to everything. The restaurant doesn't have an extensive menu but everything on it is GOOD and the complementary breakfasts are fabulous. Each bungalow is large, private and unique. The pool is very pretty and kept clean. Family owned and operated, you'll appreciate their old fashioned service (staff is all really fine) combined with modern touches like fast, free WIFI. My family will return here whenever we have a chance.

Room Tip: End rooms are the best (more windows) but they are all pretty good.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family