All reviewsbamboo housericemonkey forestyoga barndeluxe roomlarge supermarketubud palaceart marketswimming poolhotel is situatedair conditioningmin walkbreakfast was includedstayed here for nightsrelaxing stayfieldpaddy
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Overview: comfortable, plain rooms in a quiet lane in central Ubud.

Rooms: two-storey thatched units alongside a stepped rice paddy. I stayed in one of the Tekukur rooms. The bedroom, upstairs, had a narrow balcony, a TV, and a mosquito curtain. The bathroom had a hot, strong shower, a flushing/Western style toilet, and a bath tub too big to use. The front porch had a day bed and the room included: a kettle, umbrellas, a fridge, bottled water, a bottle opener, towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner, a hair dryer and wi-fi.

Breakfast: a fruit plate, bottomless tea and coffee, a glass of juice and a choice between a rice- or noodle-based breakfast or an egg-and-toast combination. The nasi goreng was tastier and heartier than the poached egg option. The toast was soggy on consecutive mornings (wet plates?)

Amenities: there are two infinity pools with towels, and a spa. Lager and bottled water are sold in the breakfast area, and there is half a shelf of secondhand novels in the reception.

Location: convenient. Biyukukung is set just of Jl. Hanoman. The Monkey Forest is a 5-10 minute walk away. There is a supermarket around the corner.

Conclusion: comfortable, plain rooms in a pretty setting, but at high-season prices, it was over-priced.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meliko
Ubud98, Reservation at Biyukukung Suites and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and would like to have you stay with us again in the future.

Thank you for your suggestion and advice.

Regards,
Guest Relation of Biyukukung Suites & Spa

Reviewed 27 July 2012

This resort is excellent situated in a quiet area, just 10 min. walk from Monkey Forrest and the beginng of the main road. The staff is verry good and helpful. We stayed in a deluxe room with a nice view to the paddy fields. There are some new development's going on. That had only effect on our view, bud not on our pleasure staying there.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deetsj
Reviewed 22 July 2012

finally a room where we couldnt hear the every present hum of motorbikes! very handy to everything - just 100 metres from hanoman st, but nestled beside terraced rice paddies. we stayed at the bottom of the complex which offered real seclusion. value wise i feel it was overpriced, so bargain down if you can. a call to reception around midnight was answered by someone unable to speak english. in an emergency ? duck and cover? breakfast was included, and while the view over the terraces is lovely the food was very plain. a bit of a mixed bag, but still a pleasant stay

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This review is late. Me and my husband stayed here whilst we were travelling in Bali back in 2009. We came into Ubud late in the evenign and drove around looking for a place to stay. We happen to come across this place and negotated a rate. At USD 40 a night we could hardly complain. Nice double story bunglow over looking the rice paddies.

The Room upstairs was cute and clean the bathroom downstairs was clean however had a damp musty smell. They pool looked nice however we didn't use and we didn't have breakfast here either as we wanted to try something in the town. All we were looking for was a place to sleep that was clean and had a clean bathroom. Which we definetly found here

It is also conviently located not to far from the main street and the monkey forest

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The place was recommended to me, from the resort I staying at previously. I got the impression when I first arrived that they didn't have my booking, since there was a lot of talking in their local dialect and phone calls, but it was sorted, since I got upgraded from the room I had initially booked since it was not available, thus my belief that they didn't have my booking.
That being said, I also experienced the standard rooms the superior/delux, and the additional cost is not worth it. My suggestion is take the std since the only difference appears to be having Bath or not,but both have showers.
This is a very photo friendly place, with the small infinity pool overlooking the rice paddies, as well as each of the rooms/ villasoverlooking the rice paddies as well.
The day beds outside allows you to lounge back and enjoy the views. The breakfast terrace allows you to do this also.
The only pity, with the views is the massive amount of construction happening around it, which leads me to believe that in the future the views will not be as great!
The room/villa, is double story with ground floor being bathroom, and hanging cupboards whilst upstairs is your bedroom. The rooms are clean, however there is a lot of damp and mold/mildew in the bathrooms. The bathrooms look like they need to be renovated, but they are clean and everything works well.
There is a pool at the bottom of the complex, but I can't comment since I didn't go down there.
Breakfast was great. They make amazing nasi goreng, the best I have tasted and also good pancakes.
Everyone is super friendly and helpful. And they have a shuttle to drop you off and fetch you from town which is a great benefit. You are also in walking distance to monkey forest and even Ubud palace.
The accommodation is good, the only criticism is that the price/cost is too much for what it is/provides, but if you are battling to find accommodation, then this is a consideration.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo