“Beautiful Boutique B&B!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 477 Ubud B&B and Inns
Coolangatta, Australia
“Beautiful Boutique B&B!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Villa Saraswati has excellent service, in a stunning location & charming staff... I was advised that I was the first returning guest to the villa. I stayed in the Frangipani & Lotus Room, both which I would recommend with modern furnishings and peaceful ambience. Villa Saraswati is romantic, peaceful and totally relaxing... I can't wait to return and try out another room! Thank you to the managers, Dean and Robyn for making our two stays truly memorable.

Room Tip: The Lotus Room has 180 degree views of the jungle and river, however the Frangipani room is the only...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

My friends and I recently stayed in this stunning Boutique Bed and Breakfast.
Villa Saraswati has 5 rooms, each one with its own charming features.
I am not a very good writer and cant express everything I would like to say about this paradise we stayed in.
I have been travelling to Bali for the last 35 years and each time I try to stay in different places to try a little bit of everything.
I can honestly say for the price (very reasonable) this is one of my favourites.
The staff and owners (Australian couple) Robyn and Dean, could not do enough for us.
The hand carved outdoor dining table was set each morning with love, down to the precious teacups and crockery. Breakfast was delicious and is included in the rates. We hardly needed to eat lunch.
Sitting by the beautiful aquamarine pool was a delight and then have iced water served to us at intervals , what more could you ask for when you need to unwind.
They have a shuttle service into Ubud and also we were picked up after a enjoyable walk up through the rice fields which was wonderful.
My friends had beautiful balinese massage in their rooms, and said they were amazing.
It has been recently renovated and looks quite new , with the charm of Balinese inclusions.
I recommend Villa Saraswati who are looking for some tranquility in Bali.

thank you so much Robyn and Dean for all your expert advice on where to eat , walks and shopping.I cant wait to go back next year and will tell all my friends to stay here while in Ubud.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ellen4
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

This place was perfect to us it was so clean and manicured, close to Ubud centre, service and food was impressive and no kids. This will be our next stay, try the balinese breakfast, great if several couples want to stay together as there are 5 personal rooms.

• Stayed May 2012
Strathalbyn, South Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My recent visit to Villa Saraswati far exceeded my expectations! From the moment I walked through the front door I realised I had discovered a very special place (I think my first words were Oh WOW!). I had come back to Bali, and to Ubud in particular, in order to rest and recover after having been unwell for about 6 weeks. I stayed in the spacious Lotus Room, nestled amongst the treetops with a balcony and relaxing views on three sides. With both a full indoor bathroom as well as an outdoor shower I really was spoilt for choice, and took advantage of both. Villa Saraswati provided the perfect peaceful haven for total rest and relaxation within a tranquil garden setting, complete with sun lounges and umbrellas adjacent the beautiful pool. I felt totally at home (and at peace) during my 10 day stay, and enjoyed my complimentary 3 course breakfast each morning (I can highly recommend Yande's poached eggs, as well as his banana pancakes!), as well as many lovely evening meals. Nothing was too much trouble for the wonderful staff, who were always on hand to assist if and when required, but never intrusive. I also had the luxury of a massage and facial within the comforts of the Villa, and felt very pampered without even having to leave the grounds. I also had the pleasure of meeting the Owners, Robyn and Dean, a lovely couple who are to be congratulated for their efforts in making Villa Saraswati a truly fabulous place to stay. I will definitely return to this Boutique Bed and Breakfast, and hope to also introduce my family and friends to the many delights of the stunning Villa Saraswati. Highly recommended, especially if you are looking for somewhere beautiful to stay at a very affordable price.

Room Tip: I just loved the Lotus Room, and was also able to look through each of the other rooms at various ti...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jacqui D
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We are an Australian couple who were looking to spend two weeks in Ubud to experience a mixture of local culture, good food, shopping, beautiful ricefields and we stumbled across this beautiful Villa Saraswati and it stole our hearts! We stayed in The Lotus Room which was so comfortable and clean and tastefully decorated and had a lovely balcony from which we could sit and enjoy the scenery or just quietly read a book. The breakfast is included in the tariff and is wonderful, beautiful fresh juices, fresh fruits, eggs and bacon etc. and cooked by Yande who is just gorgeous. In fact, all the staff were so delightful, Ayu and Wayan also. Meals could be arranged for night time and lunch if you wanted to stay in (and with that beautiful lounge area complete with chandelier and comfy couches and an option of a media room also) who wouldn't? We will return to this slice of heaven - in fact we have recommended three of our friends already to stay here and they also have returned with glowing reports!

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent - The Lotus Room is the best one and the price is a little higher but as...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple