“Pretentious place, Factory feeling, Rude staff, average food”
Review of Alchemy

Alchemy
Ranked #13 of 45 Dessert in Ubud
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Alchemy Bali is the Island's first 100% raw, organic and vegan restaurant. It was established as a place for transformation in 2011 by a group of conscious, creative, live food enthusiasts. Alchemy's vision is to honor mother nature, promote healthy sustainable living, support healthy habits and well being, and to offer a space of inspiration and community. We are here to promote heart-based culture and set the intention for unconditional love, authenticity, health, and gratitude through high-vibe lifestyle choices. Your health is the first and most important step to transformation. We are what we eat & think - from food & thought to form & being. Our products and menu promote consciousness and well-being for all of earth's inhabitants. Please come and join us!
Reviewed 17 July 2016

I ate here after a number of people raved about this place. I had the mushroom quiche which was really dry and a very small slice which didn't stop my hunger. The second time I had some Granola and a coffee. The coffee is admittedly good but the floor staff ruined it for me. I was shuffled out the door the moment I did my last sip of coffee and needed to pay between with one foot out the door as they were trying to push through more paying customers. Didn't enjoy my visit here at all. It's vegan yes, but pretentious.

2  Thank Sabine K
Write a reviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed 14 July 2016

We have been curious about this restaurant for a very long time and after a glowing recommendation from our hotel concierge, we finally decided to give it a try.

The restaurant is beautiful, housed on 2 levels with outdoor seating by the main entrance and on the second floor porch. The staff is super friendly and accommodating.

The menu is a bit confusing. It is broken out into 3 sections, share, one & two. We originally thought that share was the appetizers, one was entrees for 1 person and two was an entree to be shared. We were a third right. Share is appetizers, one is course one and two is course two.

We had:

- Beef Tartar with fries - very good, heavily flavored with mustard

- Pork Belly - very tasty with a crispy skin. Almost too crispy. Hard to break with a fork

- Beef Cheek Ragout with Orechette - the hubby liked, I didn't love. The pasta was good, I didn't like the consistency of the beef cheek - the hubby said I wouldn't and he was right.

- Peaches with Meringue - delicious - fresh, ripe peaches that are halved and filled with vanilla ice cream and cartelized meringue

Our cocktails were very good. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a romantic night out.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

literally everything here is incredible, from the build your own salads to the vegan sushi and pizza to the selection of juices and elixirs. The vegan pizza is one of the best i've ever had, and I swear the rosella kombucha is the best in Ubud.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

I loved this place, I love the concept and moral ethics. The food is delicious. We got take home food and chocolates from the store in Seminyak which is near where you walk out of Potato Head. Wish I had've bought the book now :(

Reviewed 9 July 2016

the restaurant offer mostly the vegetable and raw food, good for vegetarian and the healthy mindset but not for me. Good to have experience to eat here but once is enough.