Jangkrik Homestay
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 288*
USD 898*
USD 202*
USD 168*
Agoda.com
All reviewsbanana pancakesyoga barnmonkey foresthot waterevery morningenjoyed my stayminute walkbreakfast was deliciousac
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2012

The rooms were clean and pretty basic. It's situated in a family compound on one of the main roads, but the animal noises aren't too bad, and it's far enough back from the road that you don't get any noises from the street. It's within walking distance of the main centre, Monkey Forest and the supermarket. The owners are really friendly and very helpful. Might pay to book ahead as they don't have many rooms. It doesn't have a pool, but we found one nearby that we could use for 10.000 Rp a day. We booked a couple of tours through them and it seemed to be the same or cheaper than others who booked through a travel agent. Stayed in late Nov 2012 in a double room with a fan for 150.000 Rp per night for 4 nights.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

Lets list up pros and cons:

Cons:
- its a 20 min walk (relaxed) to the palace/ main area of ubud
- somewhat pricey
- couldnt chose what for breakfast

Pros:
- even though it is a little walk outside the main area. It is quiter here and there are some lovely restaurants around
- clean (!)
- nice staff and owners

Overall a good stay to a somewhat reasonable price.
I'd go again :)

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I stayed in Jangkrik for 4 nights in June with 3 other friends. Everything, from the moment we were met at the airport to the moment we checked out, was lovely. The rooms were clean, homely, and quaint. The rooms on the second floor were especially nice given the balcony. The owners, Made and Kadek, were really friendly and helpful and did everything they could to make us feel at home. I'd also been impressed by how promptly they replied to emails prior to our arrival, which was important to us as we were booking accommodation quite late and were therefore somewhat anxious. I still think about the lovely banana pancakes they used to make for our breakfast every morning, along with fresh fruit and coffee. They also went the extra mile organising a day tour for us and other visitors in the homestay, and coming along to ensure we had a great time. Made and Kadek also invited us along to a temple nearby to watch cultural performances. The homestay is in a great location in Ubud, as well. If you love cats, you'll also be thrilled to know that they have two adorable cats, one of whom makes herself right at home in vistors' rooms (the other is quite shy and was rarely seen). I'm told by my friend who stayed on the first floor that the rooster crowing in the early morning was somewhat disruptive to sleep - so if you think you'd be bothered by that, try and get a room on the second floor. Overall, I'd definitely go back and hope to stay for longer.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the second floor, especially the one in the corner which seems more spacious, if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Stayed here with my husband for quite some time. The room was clean when we arrived although we would appreciate it more if it was cleaned daily during our stay as the headboard of the bed and bedside tables tend to get noisy. We didn't like the noise in the Homestay premises especially the rooster crowing very early in the morning and the people around the neighborhood getting ready for the day. So if you are a light sleeper or somebody who needs some peace and quiet, I don't this is the place. We did not feel the homey ambiance in this homestay but found it elsewhere in another hotel. Maybe it's only us but we got a cold reception everytime we turn down tickets and services that they are selling. Overall, the homestay was just not right for us.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katmachine
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I stayed at this place for 4 nights and it was everything I needed it to be. I was actually very busy on this trip and needed something very simple and clean to stay in. I was picked up at the airport by a friendly chap and sorted out my taxis with him for an appointment I needed to get to the next morning. The breakfasts were amazing and just what I needed to get me through the morning. The load of kittens and puppies added to the cute factor! A great little place and good value for money. :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Jangkrik U, Owner at Jangkrik Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Dear IloveShatalie,
Thank you for your kind review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are a family homestay and the majority of our guests come to spend a holiday, so I am glad that you used our place as a base to do business in Bali. We understand that a good and stable WiFi connection is an important part of the package that we offer our guests and we are glad that our taxi-driver Dewa is such an able and friendly character.
The central location of our place both in Ubud and in Bali makes it an ideal place to be within a short distance of most important venues people want to see and visit.
We look forward receiving you as our guest again.

Kind regards,