1,475 results
All reviews afternoon tea monkey forest rooftop villa apple tv cookie jar welcome home separate toilet turn down service infinity pool rooms are spacious restaurants and bars central location highly recommend this hotel beautiful hotel location is excellent rose petals the main street
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This is a fairly new addition to the Komaneka hotels in Bali, situated in the same area as some others - near the Monkey Forest.

We were warmly welcomed by the reception, offered drinks and cool towels as well as talked through activities they have, tours available and the features of the hotel. Its only a small hotel which adds to the intimacy and personal attention you feel you receive.

We were given complimentary breakfast and lunch (tea +cakes) which you could choose to have in your room. A nice option which we took them up on. We also took advantage of the tasty free cookies in the room each day!

I cant fault this hotel for attention to detail on every level. From the complimentary snacks to the turn down service with the cute bed time story left on your bed! The dinner service was just as good, with great food and friendly attentive staff. all the prices were very reasonable.

The hotel itself is beautiful and in a great location. You can stroll down the hill past al the shops and visit the monkey forest or take a car (which they can provide) to the nearby rice paddies.

If i really had to find fault it might be that id have liked more of a view - we jus had vines and trees in front of our balcony. But on the other hand this provided lovely shade, privacy and a view of lots of visiting birds and butterflies!

I would definitely stay here again! I booked through agoda.com which gave me a deluxe room at an amazing price - i definitely recommend checking that site first before booking.

Room Tip: visit agoda for great deals, we always do when booking hotels in asia.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This is a great hotel in Ubud and we are happy to return anytime in the future.

The facilities are good and the staff were all very friendly.

The breakfast is individually prepared and served at the table. The range and volume were quite good.

It's located in the middle of Ubud, but since it is hidden behind a restaurant, there is no noise from the busy Monkey Forest Street.

A minor issue is the lack of view from the hotel rooms. I believe except for the fourth floor, there is virtually no view of the region but some greenery which hide the immediate neighbour.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife and I spent 6 nights at Komaneka Rasa Sayang early April 2012 for the first time. We were amazed at the outstanding quality of service and attention to detail from the staff. No request was too much trouble, transport to and from restaurants till 11 pm, luxurious rooms serviced twice a day and the use of facilities at Bisma. Loved the ginger and nuts sweets and biscuits in the room.
We've been holidaying in Bali for 30 years and staying in top resorts but we can easily say that our stay at Komaneka at Rasa Sayang was definitely the best we've experienced. Thanks to you Wayan Budiarta and your friendly, happy staff. Trish and I will come back!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cherif A
Reviewed 11 April 2012

As an avid Ubud lover returning again and again each year I had always wanted to stay at the Komaneka on Monkey Forest Road. Well on this trip I made sure I stretched the budget and couldn't believe that they offered me the choice to stay at the newer Rasa Sayang across the road. It really was the highlight of my stay and the staff just fantastic. Even the afternoon tea which can be quite measley in some hotels provided both sweet and savoury delicacies that were delicious. The free standing bath with the glass wall looking into the main room was huge (yes there are blinds) and the bedtime stories that cme with turn-down were just too cute. I also thought the on-site day spa was a treat and who doesn't want to go for treatments in your robe and float back to your room without getting changed! Would I stay here again - you betcha!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor with more natural light.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at this property in January 2012. This was our 2nd stay at a Komaneka in Ubud. We can't praise this hotel enough. The attention to detail in the Komaneka properties is second to none. It is immaculately clean, bathrooms and rooms large and luxurious, wonderful pool, spa, restaurant and location. It is right on Monkey Forrest Road with great restaurants at the doorstep. However because the hotel is located down a private driveway, and overlooks rice paddies from the pool, it is tranquil and quiet and you would not think you are in the heart of Ubud. My highest praise and thanks goes to the wonderful Yuli, Putu and Tari and all the staff at Komaneka Rasa Sayang. I had broken my ankle before we left for Bali and was on crutches. The hotel had a wheelchair waiting for me and were only too happy to help in any way, even driving us two doors down to a restaurant. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple