“Paradise !!!”

Ranked #24 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
“Paradise !!!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Every time when we are going to Ubud we are always stay in one of the Komaneka hotels. This year we tried the new one and we were as satisfied as always. The room is very big and very clean with a lovely warm decoration. When we arrived we felt like coming home, as the staff is so friendly and warm. The location of the hotel is great, right on monkey forest road but inside the hotel it is very quite and relaxing. The pool is great for a swim with a nice view. The food in the restaurant is very good, we had a lovely candlelight dinner on our wedding anniversary and they made us feel very special. We really had a lovely evening thanks to the staff !!! The spa is also very clean and good. We also joined the cooking class which is well worth to join. The prices in the hotel for drinks, food and the spa are not expensive.

So again we had a lovely time at Komaneka and we will go back next year.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Acapulco, Mexico
Reviewed 20 February 2012

A fantastic experience!!
The hotel is beautiful and the service is really personal, special and wonderfull!
It is a luxury hotel with a reasonable price.
It is located in the middle of everything, so it's easy to move around Ubud.
I have had many massages but the one that I had in the hotel was magnificent!
I truly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Komaneka Rasa Sayang in January 2012 and were completely impressed. Being on an expat assignment in Singapore this past year, we've traveled quite a bit throughout Southeast Asia and this was the best customer service we've received of all of the hotels we've stayed at.

The friendly staff greeted us with moist towels and welcome drinks while they registered us. At the complimentary afternoon tea I was surprised when the staff gathered round singing "Happy Birthday" and brought me a cake. We hadn't even told them it was my birthday! They must have noticed when they registered my passport. They also helped to arrange for a 24-hour motorbike rental at just USD$7, and gave us a quick lesson on how to drive the bike.

The couples massage was terrific and the spa area was quite relaxing. The rooms were large and modern and extremely clean. The location is perfect, within walking distance to the Monkey Forest and Ubud Palace. Although walking isn't necessary as the hotel will drop you wherever you want to go in their private car.

The staff arranged transport for us to get to our next destination in Tanjong Benoa. Multiple members of the staff helped to load our luggage into the car and it almost felt like a send-off from family members! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Ubud.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cassie O
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My wife and I, along with our 10-year old son, decided to indulge on this trip and splurge a little bit to mark a milestone birthday.

Others have described the hotel and its upmarket facilities and adequately in their reviews, so I won't go into detail.

What was really outstanding was the level of service and the extra effort that they would go through to ensure that your stay is memorable. From the intricately arranged floral arrangements on the bed and the rose petals in the bathtub, the help and transport extended to help get you to get to where you want to go in Ubud, the greet-by-your-name upon your return to the room by the guest-contact personnel.

I had just whispered to them that it was my wife's birthday and we'd like to celebrate it quietly at the restaurant and a small cake would suit the occasion. The restaurant staff, bless their hearts, came out with a large and yummy cake with lit candles and burst into song. The atmosphere was enhanced with the other diners joining in and for their kindness, they shared the cake which was more than plenty to go around.

Annie Lenox sang Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These and surely, the Komaneka Rasa Sayang made sure of that during this visit.

Now, my son keeps bugging me about the next trip to this spot.

Our thanks to the General Manager, Front Office Manager and the staff for a memorable and truly magical visit.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Having stayed at some of the most famed outfits (almost always for work) and some of the worst so-called business or tourist-class hotels in this part of the world, I must say that very few things would truly awe me. Hence I seldom rave about hotels but this must be an exception for a long time to come.

I chose this hotel because of its location near town, as well as its newness. Both aspects did not disappoint -- the front door of this hotel and the nearest bar and restaurant on a main thoroughfare of Ubud is no more than 30 steps apart. If you walk up north this main thoroughfare for about 15 minutes, you will reach the centre of central Ubud, where the shops and eateries are galore. And because this property is no more than one year old, everything is new and kept up to standard of what you'd expect of a Komaneka.

I'd been to Bali several times, and although I like the ornate decor of Balinese furniture and architecture, I find it too in your face sometimes. Hence, the fact that the Komaneka at Rasa Sayang is modernist in decor and simple but evocative of Balinese culture finds much favour in me, and my partner. The woody feel of the (very) spacious room and the availability of modern amenities just make the stay doubly enjoyable.

And because it is a Komaneka, you have the option of using the facilities of the other branches within Ubud. Transport within this city to or from any point if FOC, all you need to do is ask the driver to pick you up (telling your exact location). I used this option to not only go to the restaurants and the shops, but also to the Komaneka at Bisma to do my spa treatments. The property at Bisma is up a slightly more remote road off the centre of Ubud and thus more secluded and exclusive. The view over the river and padi fields is more impressive than the one you get at the property at Rasa Sayang. So you actually get the best of both worlds -- you can stay at the one in town and then use and enjoy all the facilities at the other Komanekas! I did not see the one at Tanggayuda so cannot comment on that. But the one at Monkey Forest (just a few metres away from the one at Rasa Sayang) actually boasts a beautiful gallery with an impression collection.

Unless you want to come into an Ubud hotel and then lock yourself in its pool(s) and your own suite, you should truly consider this hotel at Rasa Sayang which allows proximity to town yet all the options for quiet, exclusiveness and breathtaking views are all within easy reach. The breakfasts were nothing to shout about, but the infinity pool at the Rasa Sayang is adequate and beautiful enough on its own. Basically, you'd love the room's size and the option for extra amenities in all four of the Komaneka. This is one property I'm almost already dreaming of returning after less than 24 hours checking out.

Room Tip: If you can splurge, ask for one which overlooks the pool from the tallest level of this 4-storey pro...