All reviews rice fields outdoor shower jalan kajeng your luggage the main street mobile phone minute walk away from the hustle and bustle visiting ubud busy ubud reception area ubud centre special thanks amazing place yudi scooter ducks
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

This is our 3rd times in Ubud bali , the Samara is totally the best one we ever stay , located in the middle of rice field, we have rent private villa with private pool, our room well equipped. We love the owner Yudi and Stefano for their best hospitality. Our son had enjoyed his stay as he love to play with the owners daughter. Overall it had been a pleasant stay for us in Ubud . Highly recommend!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Our 4 days stay in the Samara was an un forgetabble experience. We travelled with our 2 kids 2 & 5 years old and we all fell in love with the place.

Villa:
We stayed in the 1 bed room villa which is spacious and well equipped with everything that you might need. The views are spectacular and the pool was wonderful with the perfect water tenperature. Just remember that you sre staying in the middle of the rice fields so make sure to keep the doors and windows closed to avoid any instects from entering the villa.

Staff:
Never seen a hotel with staff more friendly than the samara. Since its a small facility, the staff know all the guests and are super helpful and friendly and will do anything to fulfill your needs.

Food:
My wife and I dont usually eat in the hote as we prefer dining outside. But since this was difficult this time as our kids are young and its not easy to dine out, we had to depend on the samara food most of the time. WE WERE SURPRISED! the quality is amazing and we got to try so many options in our stay and all were amazing. The prices are not exaggerated like other hitels and are very reasonable

Location:
This is the place to be if you would like to experience the quiet part of Ubud and a nice view of the rice fields, yet being less than 5 minutes away from the centre. The hotel arrange 24 hours transport by scooters (little motor cycles) from the hotel/centre/hotel. My wife and I as well as our kids were looking forward to the rides everytime as it did make us feel like the locals and experience a thing that we never did before. I can assure that the drivers are excellent and drive very safely, otherwise i wouldt allow my kids to get on.

Overall , this was ana amazing experience and will diffenetly stay here if i visit Ubud again! Thanks Samara staff!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Hussein N
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Stayed at this hotel for just one night. As there are just 6 rooms and 2 villas in the hotel, it is absolutely quiet with minimal interactions with people in the hotel so you can enjoy yourself there.
I had a dinner and a breakfast in the restaurant. I don't have major complaints but the quality of the food could be improved.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

The Samara is an absolute gem. I feel so happy that we discovered this fantastic boutique accommodation in the middle of Ubud's rice paddies. We loved the Samara (and Ubud) so much, we quickly decided to extend our stay there from six nights to eleven!

The location is perfect, and the views are wonderful. The staff are just lovely, so friendly and helpful. Also I noticed how they allow you your privacy. No staring while you're in your swimsuit at the pool, and they were always discreet while passing your room.

I loved the fact that the hotel is located actually in the rice paddies, from a walkway rather than a road. This means cars aren't allowed up there. It's peaceful and relaxing, and also fun that you get a free 24/7 motorbike shuttle into Ubud centre because of this (plus your own Nokia phone to call the reception on when you need a ride!). Be aware you need to call them up when you arrive at the parking area so they can send someone to get your luggage.

The included breakfast is extremely good. One of the reasons we picked the hotel was because they said they'd cater for special diets (we are vegan) and this was true. Even the pancakes can be made without egg and using coconut milk. We were impressed! Soy milk was provided for our cereal or coffee, too.

We thought our room number 4 had a wonderful view. I think 4,5 & 6 all do. The room had everything we needed, also. Plus it was so quiet at night. I really cannot say enough good things about The Samara, and would book this accommodation again in a heartbeat if we ever return to Ubud. We didn't want to leave!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LilyLarkin
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

What a great spot away from the city noise however close enough as they provide free transport to the city. A very peaceful hotel with extra lovely Staff. We felt very comfortable there. Definitely coming back in future. Highly recommended. Thanks!

Stayed: February 2018