All reviews rice fields outdoor shower jalan kajeng your luggage the main street mobile phone scooter ride minute walk away from the hustle and bustle visiting ubud busy ubud reception area special thanks ubud centre amazing place yudi ducks
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Right from the moment we booked, the Manager, Yudi, was in touch asking if there was anything special we needed. This was an unexpected touch but that level of service was maintained for the whole 4 days of our stay. The location is fantastic; its right in the middle of the fields but only a short walk from the centre of Ubud. I especially enjoyed running on the tracks between the fields. We ate in the restaurant each night and the Italian menu is of high quality. The rooms are high class of international design and I loved the outdoor shower. Everything is spotless. Don't let the thought of motorbike transport put you off its only a 400m ride and the staff are experts at transporting "nervous nellies" safely

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My mum and i stayed here for 4 nites from 15th March 2012
From the pick up on the motorbikes from the parking bay our stay was perfect.
Looking over rice patty fields from the room and swimming pool.
Amazing food in the resturant to die for.
The room is so clean and comfy.
I really enjoyed the quiet at night. Also these villas are on a protected part of Ubud.No traffic except motorbikes or walking.This is a beautiful part of ubud to walk.
10 min walk into town for more amzing food and shopping.
You can hire motorbike,push bike or the Villa staff will drop you in town and just call for pick up.
My mother is 75yrs old and she coped so well on the back of a bike to and from town.
The staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them.
Will be doing a return trip with family next year.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1 and the views from our bed and balcony are so beautiful
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Leanne64
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The second we got to Ubud it started pouring with rain, our taxi driver had no idea where this place was & couldn't find it but we said keep driving down this road. Thankfully, when we got to the end of the road, we saw a sign with the name of our accommodation. Our driver called the owners & in no time 4 motorbikes turned up. Two of them for luggage, the other two for my partner & me. It was still pouring but this made for a very interesting ride up to the villas. The owners, Stefano & his lovely wife Yudi, were there to greet us. They wanted to talk but we just wanted to get to our villa & get into dry clothes. Stefano led the way & gave us a satisfactory description of the essential stuff (air con & tv operation etc, breakfast times). From then on we had the best experience. The villas are new & in excellent condition, everything working, nice small pool with sunbeds, property surrounded by rice fields, croaking frogs, chickens & ducks close by including rooster(he was our favourite), outdoor shower (unbelievable), good reliable wifi (free), in-room safe (although ours was not secured, you could have just picked it up and walked out with it). Breakfast & also afternoon tea is included. I have tried really hard to find a fault & the only one would be the breakfast, small & not a lot of choice. It's a 15 minute walk into Ubud along a path that becomes a road. Coming back at 11pm at night is not to be missed. Although it's dark in some places there is enough light most of the way to see where you're going. During the day, if you like fresh coconut water, there are vendors on the path. I highly recommend you don't miss this opportunity to experience something completely different.

Room Tip: Only 6 villas so they're all good
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony1962
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here for five nights mid Feb'12
Its all been said in other reviews but it really is a wonderful place in the middle of paddy fields away from the busy Ubud just 10-15 mins walk away (or hitch a lift on the back of the hotel motor cycles)
Hotel arranged airport pickup arrangements which went according to plan
A lovely place, great staff and one of those few places left inthe world where you can really chill-out
Thank yo Samara Villas - we hope to escape the frantic pace of Singapore and be back with you soon
steve & sheila

Room Tip: Presently 6 rooms - we stayed in No 5 Would suggest No 5 or 6 as these seem to have best views of the rice fields
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blister3304
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My parents and I were very fortunate to have been able to stay here for 3 nights. It was the highlight of our trip to Bali! Not only is the setting divine but the accomodations are fantastic. The outdoor shower was such a nice touch as well. The meals were also superb. But despite all that, it's really the delightful owners that make this such a special place. They bend over backwards to make you feel right at home. By the time we were to leave, it was as if we just spent 3 days with old friends! I truly hope i can make it back sometime....soon!

Room Tip: Rooms 5 and 6 have unimpeded views over the rice fields but they are all great!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family