“Breathtaking villa made our family getaway...”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Emsmum04
Perth, Australia
“Breathtaking villa made our family getaway unforgettable”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

As soon as we walked through the gate and towards the villa I knew that we had chosen the most wonderful place to stay whilst in Ubud. This was our first trip to Ubud and I hit the jackpot by booking Villa Vajra! The villa is so gorgeous. Even walking into it over the rice fields makes it exciting and so different. We had 3 couples and 3 kids in total in the villa. The kids were all happy in one room and all the couples got a room to themselves. It is perfectly designed so everyone has their own space but you can all meet up for dinner or in the lounge area for a chat. The pool and spa were great...the kids barely got out of it most days! Gusti arranged for massages in the meditation pavillion at the villa for us and it was the most amazing massage. The walk into Ubud from the villa is really worthwhile doing. Gorgeous views of the rainforest and valleys. They can also arrange to do a village tour and trek with some local guides. We went along and it was really great to get out into the everyday life of Ubud and meet the locals. The staff truly made our holiday really special. Gusti (villa manager) is such a wonderful person and so incredibly helpful. Ketut makes the best banana pancakes! The meals we had at the villa were delicious. Thank you so much to Gusti, Ketut and all the staff at Villa Vajra and a big thank you to Joel (the owner). We miss you and want to come back! I'm already planning another visit x

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Chris R
Adelaide, Australia
“Wonderful setting, beautiful rooms and amazing kind, thoughtful staff.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Beautiful country setting 10 mins out of Ubud. Incredibly relaxing. Great food. Wonderful staff. Can't say I've stayed anywhere better!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Laura N
San Antonio, Texas
“Open architecture melds the beauty of nature with luxury accommodations.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

I'll reflect on some of my Villa Vajra experiences that made our stay different and better than anything I've previously experienced. On arrival, all the paths were strewn with flowers. The flowers were on every path and stair step leading all the way up to the petals strewn on our king-size bed, in the huge, filled bathtub (ready for me to jump in), on the towels and even on the toilet tissue. I've never received such a welcome or seen so many flowers! The staff welcomed us like family and treated us like honored guests. The first night, masseuses were set up in an open-air cabana overlooking the tropical forest. I had the best massage of my life: the perfect antidote to countless hours on a plane. My first tour of the property revealed beautiful and comfortable furnishings, amazing landscaping, interesting artifacts (I learned what a Vajra is!) and spectacular lighting around the grounds and living spaces. The staff take individual orders for each meal and create truly spectacular food, three times a day. They can drive you to your desired destinations for sightseeing or shopping. I had never had my own driver before and it made a huge difference in our enjoyment of the island. One evening, one of the staff members brought his children to the Villa to demonstrate a Balinese dance for us. The children were in full professional costume and makeup. It was delightful. Things like this create an atmosphere of sincere welcome and hospitality. In the mornings, as the mist rose over the forest, I was able to do my yoga practice in the open-air cabana, surrounded by the sounds and breezes of the jungle. It was fantastic! During the day, one had the option of traveling to one of the many lovely attractions of Bali: whether the beaches or temples or the delightful city of Ubud. Although we saw much of the island, I could easily have spent an entire week exploring Ubud with its many shops and Galleries. The Neka Museum in Ubud was truly outstanding. Or, one can stay at the Villa, enjoying the pool, hot tub, gourmet food and atmosphere of pure relaxation. In the evenings, our group shared meals around a large table, filled with lively conversation and plenty of wine and laughter. Villa Vajra was a new and different level of hospitality for me, and I'm afraid it has spoiled me for all my future trips as I now have a new, much higher standard.

David S
New York City, New York
“Amazing retreat with flawless staff”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

This beautiful villa perched on the side of a hill looks through the palm trees into an expansive river valley. It manages to create wonderful privacy yet provide openness and a direct connection to the surrounding gardens. The food options are unending--the quality of the cooking that comes from the kitchen is better than most restaurants on the island. The meals were simply superb.

The staff is attentive and friendly, yet unobtrusive and respectful. Villa manager Gusti arranged car service and drivers for day trips, and the villa had two fabulous masseurs available on call.

Defineitly hope to make a return visit.

Galleysla...
Mt Martha, Australia
“An oasis of relaxation and local ambience”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

The food was amazing. Try the steamed fish in banana leaf, heaven, and the beef rendang. The fish wraps for lunch were a favorite. The wonderful staff can organize a massage in the private and tranquil gardens, and when we were celebrating a birthday they organized live gamelan music with dinner and a small dance performance with some children which made for a memorable birthday.
It's a delightful hour walk into Ubud for some exercise then taxi back, but often we were more happy lying around the pool enjoying the serenity.
We used the villas driver for some excursions and day trips and airport pick up. Gusti is attentive and knowledgeable and a real asset to Vila vajra.
We are already dreaming of our return.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing