“Great value and service at this charming hole-in-the-wall”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jaens Spa Ubud

Jaens Spa Ubud
Ranked #5 of 197 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At Jaens Spa, our skilled practitioners offer traditional and Balinese treatments in downtown Ubud's most relaxing and blissfully surrounding. Our pampering service are done in comfortable and relaxed setting so you felt right at home. The décor uses natural healing elements such as bamboo, water, stone, natural light and plants we use natural products and hand made skin care recipes to nourish your body, mind and spirit.
Gothenburg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great value and service at this charming hole-in-the-wall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

During two very rainy days in Ubud Jaens spa kept us busy and relaxed amid the torrents.

Based on the earlier reviews here on TA me and my lovely girlfriend had some treatments booked for day 1. We had such a good experience that we decided to book a second visit the day after immediately after finishing our first.

The kind staff offers an herbal tea and wet towels upon arrival and a ginger/lemon/lime drink with fresh fruits upon completing your treatment. They are all warm, nice ladies that will treat you well, make sure that the pressure is just right, that the temperature of any ointment/bath water is pleasant and that you are lying comfortably. While there was some challenges with language it all worked out in the end.

If there's anything that can be improved it is the hard product. The roof in one of the treatment rooms showed signs of water damage (we went during the rainy season) and the chair my GF sat in when she got her hair treatment looked like something from the 70s and was somewhat uncomfortable. Also when I got my pedicure my nails where trimmed with a nail clipper(!?) which cut so close that it drew a drop of blood in one place.

Still, this place gives great value and enjoyable treatments overall. If you're expecting a big brand hotel type of spa then you will be disappointed - this is a small and cozy place with a very genuine feel.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Hithel

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great value for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Great value for the money and excellent massage technique. Very kind and service was great. Atmosphere needs some work. We had a lot of massages throughout Bali and our #1 experience was in Seminyak (West Coast) at Spa Bali Green, an eco-friendly spa using 100% natural ingredients. Great value and the setting is also fantastic.

Visited January 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“GREAT value for money, great service, clean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

The spa was incredibly professional, I did their scrub+massage+wrap package for a GREAT value. They stayed open a bit longer because I had arrived late. The only complaint I have is the room was a little chilly given my skin exposure during the treatment-- perhaps the Air conditioning could have been turned off even earlier. Otherwise, great service and would certainly have come again if I had stayed longer.

Jaens spa dropped me off at my hotel free of charge given it was so late, even though initially they said there would be a service charge as I was >3 km far away.

1 Thank kbun
tytsjerk
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Heavenly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

Did you ever heart about Jaens Spa?
No?? Than now the time has come to visit this excellent Spa.
I really had such a very very good massage.
I did not become before such massage in a Spa and I think I know what I am talkin about because we were 15 times before in Bali.
The people who work in Jaens Spa are very relaxed and friendly and the massage is excellent.
I choose the Balinese massage but I am sure all you can choose is very good.
Your service , drinks are of high quality
Jaens thank you very much for everything, I am happy I found you.

Sydney, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“So relaxing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

On arrival the staff were so lovely and helpful. We were given a drink and a cool towel which we were very grateful for as we had been shopping all morning. The treatments were great and very reasonably priced. I had a facial which was just as good as any I've had back home and only about $12. We were then dropped off by their driver for free at the restaurant we were going to for lunch.Then the next day we phoned them and they picked us up, I had the foot reflexology which did hurt a bit but my feet felt great afterwards. Also had the hair bath which was my favourite treatment. So relaxing and my hair felt soft and shiny afterwards. Highly recommend this Spa.