“The Best Day Spa in Ubud”
Review of Jaens Spa Ubud

Jaens Spa Ubud
Ranked #5 of 198 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At Jaens Spa, our skilled practitioners offer traditional and Balinese treatments in downtown Ubud's most relaxing and blissfully surrounding. Our pampering service are done in comfortable and relaxed setting so you felt right at home. The décor uses natural healing elements such as bamboo, water, stone, natural light and plants we use natural products and hand made skin care recipes to nourish your body, mind and spirit.
Darwin N.T
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Best Day Spa in Ubud”
Reviewed 11 April 2011

This would have to be one of the best if not the best day spa I have visited in Ubud.
My family enjoyed treatments every day at this lovely little day spa. The treatments were very professional, and we would walk out of there feeling like we were floating on air.
But apart from the wonderful treatments we loved the warm Balinese hospitality that we received every time we walked into Jaens Spa, they were so warm and friendly to our children and realy made us all feel very relaxed and welcome, we just can't wait to go back for some more pampering. I would highly recommend this spa to anyone, but don't take my word for it try it out for yourself you won't be disappointed.
Natalie Aus

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Service is great”
Reviewed 9 April 2011

My girlfriend and I went to this spa on a wet afternoon for a little pampering and we were greeted with lovely Balinese hospitality. The massage, scrub, and hair creme bath was very good. Her manicure and pedicure were not so great and we think this is due to the lack of light. Jaen Spa has only been open since December 2010 and as many new small family businesses in Asia they are started one a shoestring and fitted out very quickly to start as soon as possible. Then Jaens Spa got busy and never stopped, giving them no time to improve the property and layout.
Having said this you will find it hard to meet nicer people and willingness to service their clients. We wish them all the luck and some spare time to address some light and decor issues.

Visited April 2011
montreal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“You get what you pay for!”
Reviewed 6 April 2011

You can't beat $16 for a 90 minute massage, but the facilities are far from first class.
Bathroom was filthy, massage table smelled of body odour and dirty linens. No place to lock your valuables.
Massage quality decent, but again you get what you pay for!

jaensaputra, Owner at Jaens Spa Ubud, responded to this review, 30 April 2011
Our Spa strives for offering good quality.
The rooms are simple, homely, have air conditioning, big bathtub with hot shower and the decoration in our Spa is natural.
We try to make a good atmosphere by using water elements, flowers, candles and relax music.
We use aroma therapy so you will surely feel more relaxed and calm during the treatment and of course we always change the linen and towels after being used.
We are not a 5 star hotel but we strive for great Balinese hospitality to make it our guest’s as comfortable as possible.
All of our therapists are very professional and have much experience about Spa service, body mind and soul.
When you compare the service and price to other day Spa’s in Ubud I am sure Jaens Spa is the best.
And when you come with positive attitude than you can feel really it is good or even the best.
We already had many positive comments what for we are very thankful, but there always will be points to make things better.
Each review we take seriously and when we think we can improve the quality in pursuance of a review sure we will try to do that.
We will always strive to give good quality for a reasonable price.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect couples massage and expert masseuses. Better than five star resort spas.”
Reviewed 1 April 2011

My husband and I left feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. The masseuses here have learned the art of massage from family, and their techniques have been passed on for generations. I felt my blood circulation and balance were both better after the massage. We had a couples massage, body scrub, and facial massage for 3 hours. They are so flexible and happy to customize a package best suited to your needs. We've been to five star hotel spas, and Jaens spa blew those chic places out of the water.

2 Thank travelandadventure24
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thank you for all your recommendations”
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Thank you all for your recommendations. It saves me the hassle of wondering which is good because there are so many spas in Ubud. My wife and I stayed 5 nights in Ubud during the last week of Mar and we were at Jaens Spa on 4 occasions. Agree with all the positive comments here and we can truly feel the masseurs doing a great job with care and not rushing thru the whole process to earn a living. Would have no hesitation recommending to anyone. On our second last day, we met a couple who came all the way from Nusa Dua--about one and a half hr drive. The taxi fare probably cost more than the massage itself. I told them we were there almost everyday. Next day, I heard they have booked for 2 consecutive days after that. This outfit is jointly owned by a young lady and her cousin's husband. She is a lovely lady and she looks after the shop. They have just started a few months ago and I reckon they deserve our support to make sure they are there for the long haul

2 Thank Yogi20