Lowest prices for your stay
USD 28
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews monkey forest swimming pool stayed here for two nights bali greenery
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed three nights at the Sunti Ubud and had a good experience. It's about a half hour walk from the center of town (they will take you in, I think—I walked it). To me this was a plus; it was quiet, close to several good restaurants (try Taco Casa, believe it or not), close to the art museum (wonderful place), 5 min. walk from the Monkey Forest. Also, if you walk out the Jalan Goa Gajah, you'll see some terrific wood and stone workshops. Pool is small and not heavily used, and some rooms have little patios/balconies that are really pleasant in the evening. Only real negative I found was that the shower was designed in such a way that it was almost impossible to stop water from spilling onto the floor. If you're used to Indonesian bathrooms, which are generally wet, this isn't an issue, but a mobility-impaired guest might find the floor dangerously slippery. Airport pickup cost 250,000 rupiah; the driver and his friends offered to take me around during other parts of my stay in Bali as well, and since the prices seemed fair I took them up on it and got some great recommendations. You can probably find fancier, more convenient, or more purely charming places in Ubud, but this one did the job.

Room tip: Probably the farther from the road, the quieter.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank James M
TheGrandSunti, Manager at The Grand Sunti, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Warm greetings from The Grand Sunti, Ubud. Bali!

Reference is made to your request expressing your concerns with the note that you leaving it for me recently.

We appreciate your kind concern for bringing up the matter to us. It is only through comments received from concerned guests like you will we be able to look into areas of improvement for the betterment of our hotels worldwide.

We will look into all the point and feedback given by you seriously and we will do our best to improve it.

Thank you and may we look forward to welcome you again to Bali in the near future.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Westayed here for one night. We arrived and the reception was a little frosty. We had requested a twin room but they gave us a king bed. So we insisted on a twin and we got a mattress on the floor. Some rooms have been renovated but roughly done. Hotel is clean and rooms have all the necessary amenities. The hotel has two pools. We had lunch at the restaurant and it was terrible. My tuna steak was like cardboard. Breakfast was fresh and ok. Ok if the price is right.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
TheGrandSunti, General Manager at The Grand Sunti, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Warm greetings from The Grand Sunti, Ubud. Bali!

We also would like to apologies if we have made your holiday uncomfortable and rest assured that is not our intension.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed at the Sunti for 3 nights in July 2012. I have to say that the staff were excellent escpecially the hotel manager who managed to track down my taxi for me after I realised 10 minutes later that my laptop briefcase had been left behind. The room was large and clean although the bathroom was showing a little bit of age - no problem really as it was clean.
The hotel is situated next to some great restaurants such as the arma cafe across the road.
It is also a five minute walk from the monkey forest and situated quite close to everything you'll want to see and do in Ubud.

Date of stay: July 2012

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We had a special deal for a super deluxe room....but our 100 euro was worthing much more! Even if clean and central, we would not recommand rhe Sunti for more than a night. No problem for us, the staff was very nice but Ubud is full of better deals. 10 minutes walking (south) from the monkey forrest. Poorest breakfast we had in Bali. Said that, the room was big, clean and giving directly on a small swimming pool. In a road with many shops and services.

Date of stay: August 2012

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed there 4 nights. For the price we paid I found this hotel to be of excellent quality. The location of the hotel is ideal, very close to the city center of Ubud, but enough far from the road to be really quiet. Our room was really great, spacious, including free wifi, good bed and great bathroom with hot shower. The breakfast was also of very good quality (Indonesian or European). The staff was really friendly. I highly recommend it.

Date of stay: June 2012