All reviews jungle fish chapung se bali private pool the fine dining restaurant scandinavian design bedroom villa rice fields living area villa number dressing room resort and spa koi pond amazing resort river valley walk into town every morning welcome drink
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is a lovely resort nestled in among the picturesque fields just outside Ubud.

My husband and I stayed in the 2 bedroom villa with my sister, husband and 2 children. It was clean, tidy and beautifully decorated. We had a lovely time relaxing by our own pool which enjoyed views across the valley towards Ubud. The resort was close to full when we stayed but it felt like we had the place all to ourselves.

A must do when you are staying here is walking to town (the staff can advise you how to walk to town without being on the road), you walk past artists selling reasonably priced artworks (much cheaper then you will pay in town) and can enjoy the countryside. There is also a free shuttle into town offered by the resort.

Breakfast supplied by the resort is fresh and tasty, with amazing views.

One of the nicest things about the resort are the staff always warm, helpful and smiling. Able to offer great suggestions about things to do while you stay in Ubud, also the resort offers day trips and spa treatments.

Looking forward to staying again real soon.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We are just back from a 2 week tour in Bali and Chapung SeBali was far and away the best place on our trip. We had a spectacular villa with pool, gorgeous open air living room that opened onto the pool and private gardens. The kids had their own wing while we had a beautiful spacious suite for my wife and I. The dining room is stunning, nestled just above the tropical jungle and open so you hear all of the sounds of the jungle while you dine, mixing with the traditional Balinese music being played in pavilion next to the dining room. The staff if very friendly and can help with day trips to Ubud, cycling, trekking - this is a great home base to see this part of Bali.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2012

This is my third visit to Ubud and Chapung Se is by far the most beautiful place I've stayed. Outstanding rooms and facilities, beautifully decorated with designer furniture and a modern flavour. The best part of a visit to Chapung Se is the warm, welcoming staff who seem genuinely interested in talking to you. My son made an effort to speak basic Bahasa and some Balinese and they seemed delighted. The breakfast/dining room is spectacularly located and we had wonderful breakfasts every day with a wide variety of things to choose. The massages are great. The driver service is great and always happy to please. I would highly recommend this from every viewpoint.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shenzencowboy
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We booked the two bedroom villa for a stay with parents and my husband and I. The villa was wonderful. Clean and spacious with a common area for everyone to gather. The staff were wonderful and could not do enough for us. They offer the free shuttle for trips into town and if the shuttle times did not work they offered a van into town. The food was incredible, very fresh and a great variety. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My wife booked Chapung SeBali for a brief romantic interlude before some business meetings near Denpasar. When she had cancel at the last minute, I went on alone. Too bad. While Chapung SeBali was wonderful for one (and would be fine for a family), for two it's about as close to perfect as it gets.

Udon has become a bit of a semi-urban sprawl. Fascinating, beautiful, exciting with wonderful museums, temples, restaurants and shops. But trafficy and sometimes tacky -- far removed from the tropical splendor that Bali once was and still can be.

Chapung SeBali is perhaps 5-10 km north of town, just beyond the bustle, in the midst of the rice paddies, overlooking a verdant gorge. The villas, open air restaurant, massage studio, gardens, patios, terraces, and office spread out over several rolling hectares of flowered walkways. Each villa appeared to be unique. Mine must have been 1000 square feet of luxury (half open air, half air conditioned and enclosed) with 20 foot ceilings, a romantic "mosquito netted" bed, and an enormous flowing water pool with direct access from the open air living and dining room and sliding glass doors from the bedroom and dressing room. There's also a free scheduled shuttle if you want to get into town (or with a small fee for special trips), making sight-seeing easy.

Service was impeccable (and nearly invisible). While I breakfasted in the open air dining room counterbalanced over the gorge, someone cleaned my room, remade my bed and left out fresh water and fruit. When I returned from dinner, the bed was turned dow, the mosquito netting rearranged, and everything replenished..

Breakfast (a buffet with a freshly cooked main course) was outstanding....hard to believe the quality and variety with only about 8 rooms. My one dinner was more than adequate (though non-honeymooners, at least, will likely want to avail themselves of some of Udon's other wonderful restaurant venues). My (included) massage was also excellent and the open air setting couldn't be beat. The only thing missing was my wife!

I've stayed in five star hotels and top flight boutiques around the world. Some are posher than this and some may have more solicitous service, but Chapung SeBali is quite wonderful and fits its setting perfectly.

Truly a gem!