All reviews jungle fish chapung se bali private pool blind pig the fine dining restaurant bedroom villa living area rice fields villa number dressing room resort and spa jungle view amazing resort river valley our honeymoon shuttle service every morning
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We are just back from a 2 week tour in Bali and Chapung SeBali was far and away the best place on our trip. We had a spectacular villa with pool, gorgeous open air living room that opened onto the pool and private gardens. The kids had their own wing while we had a beautiful spacious suite for my wife and I. The dining room is stunning, nestled just above the tropical jungle and open so you hear all of the sounds of the jungle while you dine, mixing with the traditional Balinese music being played in pavilion next to the dining room. The staff if very friendly and can help with day trips to Ubud, cycling, trekking - this is a great home base to see this part of Bali.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

This is my third visit to Ubud and Chapung Se is by far the most beautiful place I've stayed. Outstanding rooms and facilities, beautifully decorated with designer furniture and a modern flavour. The best part of a visit to Chapung Se is the warm, welcoming staff who seem genuinely interested in talking to you. My son made an effort to speak basic Bahasa and some Balinese and they seemed delighted. The breakfast/dining room is spectacularly located and we had wonderful breakfasts every day with a wide variety of things to choose. The massages are great. The driver service is great and always happy to please. I would highly recommend this from every viewpoint.

2  Thank Shenzencowboy
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We booked the two bedroom villa for a stay with parents and my husband and I. The villa was wonderful. Clean and spacious with a common area for everyone to gather. The staff were wonderful and could not do enough for us. They offer the free shuttle for trips into town and if the shuttle times did not work they offered a van into town. The food was incredible, very fresh and a great variety. Will definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My wife booked Chapung SeBali for a brief romantic interlude before some business meetings near Denpasar. When she had cancel at the last minute, I went on alone. Too bad. While Chapung SeBali was wonderful for one (and would be fine for a family), for two it's about as close to perfect as it gets.

Udon has become a bit of a semi-urban sprawl. Fascinating, beautiful, exciting with wonderful museums, temples, restaurants and shops. But trafficy and sometimes tacky -- far removed from the tropical splendor that Bali once was and still can be.

Chapung SeBali is perhaps 5-10 km north of town, just beyond the bustle, in the midst of the rice paddies, overlooking a verdant gorge. The villas, open air restaurant, massage studio, gardens, patios, terraces, and office spread out over several rolling hectares of flowered walkways. Each villa appeared to be unique. Mine must have been 1000 square feet of luxury (half open air, half air conditioned and enclosed) with 20 foot ceilings, a romantic "mosquito netted" bed, and an enormous flowing water pool with direct access from the open air living and dining room and sliding glass doors from the bedroom and dressing room. There's also a free scheduled shuttle if you want to get into town (or with a small fee for special trips), making sight-seeing easy.

Service was impeccable (and nearly invisible). While I breakfasted in the open air dining room counterbalanced over the gorge, someone cleaned my room, remade my bed and left out fresh water and fruit. When I returned from dinner, the bed was turned dow, the mosquito netting rearranged, and everything replenished..

Breakfast (a buffet with a freshly cooked main course) was outstanding....hard to believe the quality and variety with only about 8 rooms. My one dinner was more than adequate (though non-honeymooners, at least, will likely want to avail themselves of some of Udon's other wonderful restaurant venues). My (included) massage was also excellent and the open air setting couldn't be beat. The only thing missing was my wife!

I've stayed in five star hotels and top flight boutiques around the world. Some are posher than this and some may have more solicitous service, but Chapung SeBali is quite wonderful and fits its setting perfectly.

Truly a gem!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2012

After much research we chose Chapung Se Bali with our daughter for her wedding. As we had families and friends coming from both Europe and Australia we wanted to book the whole complex for the group to stay in close proximity yet have our own spaces as well. It was just perfect for the extended wedding party, as we had breakfast together most days and often met up for meals in the restaurant, while having plenty of time to relax in our own pools and garden areas or go in to Ubud now and then or walk around the local roads. Other family members and friends were able to also stay close by in other villas or in Ubud, so nobody was too far away.

The staff went to great lengths to make our stay and the wedding itself as enjoyable and smooth as possible, and the restaurant's peaceful location with its view down into the valley was the perfect venue for the wedding reception.

What made it really special was the distant singing and music from ceremonies in the village nearby and seeing local people go about their daily life, even working in the rice padis in the middle of the resort, so it felt very much part of its surroundings. The staff were mostly from the local village and were just lovely. It felt far from the busy centre of Ubud which is now quite congested with tour buses and traffic.

On the last day we could see Agung clearly from the reception area, which was a surprise as it been under haze the previous days. The layout has been thoughtfully planned to provide beautiful views as the terraces cascade down the hill into the gorge below, and the sounds of the forest in the valley permeate the space.