The Purist Villas and Spa
USD 816*
USD 277*
USD 260*
Great 4.5/5
Bebek Tepi Sawah Villas & Spa(Peliatan)(Great Value!)
USD 93*
Travelocity
USD 331*
USD 168*
Great 4.5/5
All reviewshill villabamboo villatimor villaprivate pooljungle roomgarden suitethe rivermain poolpure blissour honeymoonoutdoor areadining tablehotel driverpiece of heavenstayed nightsperfect stayshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed at the purist for four nights in the Hill Villa as a family of two adults and two children. We had an excellent stay. The Hill Villa is a very upmarket and stylish two bedroom villa with lovely artwork from ubud, much of which you can purchase in the Ubud area. The breakfasts were outstanding with many staff eagerly serving you with really great food. The staff are very friendly and will drive you to the genuine art and craft makers rather than the commercial tourism hubs where the prices are inflated. Being a boutique hotel you really feel looked after and the manager always ensures that you have achieved what you want out of your holiday in Ubud.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank damph
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My partner and I chose The Purist Villas as our base for Ubud and our expectations were exceeded. From the intiial booking process to the farewell, we felt special. I would like to note the service provided by Sukang, Antarres and Agus was far superior to most other hotels I've stayed in. Nothing was too much trouble for these men. The accommodation was quiet, luxurious and immaculate. The outdoor showers and bathtubs made us feel as though we were bathing in the jungle. Very special. Treat yourself to a massage whilst there. We changed villas throughout our stay and particularly loved the Garden Villa and Timor Villa. I highly recommend The Purist as a romantic and well located venue. The staff welcomed us like friends visitng their own homes. We will be back!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Me and my husband stayed at the Purist in September 2011 for our Honeymoon. I know i am terribly late posting a review but it kept gnawing on me(it is the least i can do for their service) and here i am finally!

I wanted things to be perfect obviously for my honeymoon and so I booked Purist based on their stellar reviews on Trip advisor. Oktri responded promptly and gave us a great deal. We stayed at the Garden Villa which has a huge private pool for 3 nights and then in the Bamboo Villa for the last night. Right from the moment we stepped in, we were made to feel at home. The staff is extremely friendly and warm. Purist has a small but breath taking property and I loved all the extra personal attention we got which isn't usually possible in a big resort. Both the rooms we stayed in were very aesthetically done right down to the minute details.

The food was excellent. We had to fill out a form choosing from myriad options for breakfast each night. I am vegetarian and Oktri went out of her way to accommodate my requests. Our package included a romantic dinner in our villa. The staff lit candles all around the pool and then brought us a delicious 4 course meal served at the pool side. What can i say, I was so pampered at Purist, I still talk about it often to people. Their spa was amazing as well and we really enjoyed our couple massage.

There is nothing I would want to change about my stay at the Purist and I hope i get a chance to visit Bali soon to experience their hospitality again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank globetraveller295424
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We had a lovely 4 nights stay in the beautiful bamboo villa at the Purist in October 2011. We chose the hotel purely on tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. Luxurious shower products, best breakfast ever, nice butler who even babysat our 2 small kids (aged 3 and 5 yrs) one evening and bought a pirated dvd of their favourite latest cars2 movie (no charge, but we gave him a nice tip), freshly prepared wholesome dinners (but order everything you need otherwise it takes too long to arrive 2 nd time around) , average massage, cool temperatue pools and friendly smiling staff. We were not too impressed with Ubud town itself (about 10 mins drive, dont walk, crazy dogs on this street!) and much preferred to stay in and enjoy the luxury of the Purist.

Room Tip: Bamboo villa had its private pool, but try to get a room that faces the small jungle near the main pool, they seemed to have better views. Bamboo villa had no view as such.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ArpitaBoyd

+Privacy
+Fantastic service and hospitality
+Delicious food and sure-fire catering
+Tidiness and well groomed room service
+The most stylished Balinese decor and furnishing I´ve ever seen, up to the smallest details
-Road to the Udud village (few kms) was in bad condition after tropicat agfternoon rains
-Building site next door to our villa slightly disturbing (if you wanted to experience total silence or only jungle sounds during the day)

Room Tip: We had booked room for 4 with a own pool, but got upgraded to the 2 bungalow villa. Travelling with kids (8 and 14) that was exellent choice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family