“A Rare Gem in Ubud”
Review of Batubara

Batubara
Ranked #12 of 982 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: USD 7 - USD 20
Description: We bring to Bali our passion for Argentinian cuisine with a Mediterranean influence using traditional methods and an exclusively wood fired grill. We take pride in sourcing organic produce, free-range pork and prime grass-fed beef. Hosted by the owner Pablo!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As an expat living in Ubud I have to say this restaruant took me by surprise! I've driven by many times and was intrigued by the ambiance. I finally dinned here last night and it was beautiful! We were greeted by one of the owners and ordered a delicious glass of red wine from Argentina (good wine in Bali is rare in Ubud). My husband and I noticed the menu was 85% meat. Even though we don't eat red meat I didn't freak; I ordered off the appetizer and side menu: chicken croquettes, corn empanadas, arugula salad, mashed potatoes and grilled egglplant. UMMM delicious!! Literally best mashed potatoes ever!!. My friends ordered meat and it was quite the show. They left a mini grill on coals on the table to continue cooking the meat if desired. The dim lighting, adult ambiance and professionalism from the staff was refreshing. Great place for a romantic dinner - you would never think this restaurant was on the main road as it's quiet and located in a quaint nook. Overall a great dining experience and different than most cafes and restaurants in Ubud.

1  Thank wanderlustyogi1

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Been so curious to try this restaurant, got a chance when my friend came visit Bali, and ask him to dine here, having steaks and fries. Turn out the steak are so flavorful, juicy and perfect tenderness.
Love the unique presentation of the griller and the meat.
The sides are the bomb as well. Really love the fries and the grilled vegetables. Perfectly cooked and juicy vegetables.

Will definitely come back soon.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank yanovgideon
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

A really good restaurant. Great food and great service. Could miss a kid menu. The meat was fantastic. Also the chrimps.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

This was the worst, they have absolutely nothing for kids. The menu contains only meet and nothing for non meat-eaters.

1  Thank pipzie
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Amazing meat, the best mashed potato I’ve ever tried, starters are delicious and lovely Rocket salad with parmesan. Definitely must try! 10 out of 10