“Excellent - highly recommended!”
Review of Hongalia

Hongalia
Ranked #27 of 954 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: USD 1 - USD 4
Description: Serving good food with fresh ingredients in Ubud is our business. Our specialty are noodles, kwetiaus, dumplings and fresh juices. Freshly homemade and No MSG added. Let our authentic recipe satiates your taste-buds and belly at once. Enjoy your unforgettable Ubud experience with Hongalia.
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Situated directly beside our hotel, Jati Cottages, my boyfriend and I chose Hongalia based on its favourable reviews and convenient location.

We were initially seated by the window, beside a large, loud party. The hosts were occupied with this party for a quite a while, which was completely understandable and we didn't mind the short wait. We did choose to move to the seats further to the right, facing the road. This was well lit and cooler, and there were neatly boxed board games (chess and backgammon) if we had wanted to play them.

The waitress took our order, and apologised for the wait. They were unfortunately out of steamed dumplings and fried rice chicken saté, which had both been my first choice, so I settled for fried chicken rice while my partner had crispy pork with rice. To drink, I had a lemon ice tea and he had a coke. The drinks arrived promptly, and the food not too long after. The food was delicious - I didn't realise you could make such a simple rice dish so tasty. The crispy pork was also lovely, and was served with rice and a sweet/sour sauce.

After this, we were offered dessert and told the sticky rice and mango was very good. Having read the reviews, we ordered two of these and they arrived very quickly. The waitress apologised that the mango was not very sweet, I believe she meant it was not very ripe. This did not matter, it was delicious - the rice was sticky, sweet and tasted of coconut, and the mango was fresh and fragrant.

Our total bill was 200k, very reasonable for two courses for two people and five drinks. We would recommend this little restaurant, some say booking is a must but we did manage to get seated without a booking.

We returned the next day for lunch and we had fried rice chicken sate and I had a steamed dumpling. Both were great but the dumpling was particularly recommendable.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Went here based on good reviews and it was within walking distance to my hotel.
I was a little disappointed, there was only one waitress and she tried to do her best but meals got mixed up to other tables , part of my order was forgotten and some dishes were cold and came out after a long period of time.
I went for a noodle dish as did my wife , we had spring rolls to start , these were over cooked , noodles were ok not outstanding as I had previously read.
As stated above I think I got them on a bad nite , I felt the kitchen was understaffed too , I’d be prepared to return to give them another go.....

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The food at this restaurant is simply superb. It was so good that my friend and I went back the next day for lunch and got the exact same thing! We tried their vegetarian fried noodles (all made with homemade noodles) and it was simply amazing. They can make the spiciness to your liking as well. It was the best food I had on my trip to Bali! The best part was it was super cheap too!!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Very nice restaurant. Super service. My kids highly recommend the Bakmie. Great value. Ridiculously affordable.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Spicyest food I've eaten on bali (had the noodle curry chicken). Loved evey moment of it. The food is incredible!! Nice family style restaurant for a good price!! Would highly recommend. (dumplings looked nice to)