1,241 results
All reviews elephant ride safari park baby elephants a park view room talent show night safari elephant experience love elephants beautiful animals elephant bathing nigel mason bali adventure tours elephant shows white water rafting amazing place our honeymoon welcome drink
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I can't see how anyone with an inch of love or compassion for these wonderful creatures would enjoy this circus. We left two hours after checking in....too distraught at what we saw, me in tears at the 'talent show' which we could only endure for 3 minutes...

Any way....lets start from the beginning...
We paid £225 for 2 nights in an 'Elephant Sanctuary' ...to be amongst our favourite animals roaming around freely and a chance for us to get up close to them...instead here is what we witness and details of why places like this should not be funded....

1. All elephants, unless they are being forced to take photos or paraded in the 'talent show', are CHAINED TO THE GROUND. The image on the website shows a lady being massaged by a pool with elephants dotted in the background with NO chains.....this photo gives a dishonest view of what it is like.

2. The 'Talent Show'. I can't express enough how horrifying it is to see a creature of that size perform tricks that are completely unnatural for their size and habitual nature. They sat bolt upright on a log....scooped up a man on his head and played football....I was in tears and we left after the first 3 'tricks'...which was 3 tricks too long. They do this out of fear and because their spirit is broken, not because they want to or find any pleasure in it....all for the pleasure of the paying tourist. It's abhorrent and should not be allowed in this day and age.

3. The animals had chunks out of their ears and you could see where they had been spiked by their keepers if they disobeyed their orders. So not only are they chained up, they are spiked and harmed to do what the trainer wants them to do.

4. When we made how upset we were with this- although we had only been there for 2 hours- they told us we couldn't have a refund- £225 for absolutely nothing. They offered us an upgraded room....so basically we'd have a better view of the animals harm being caused to the elephants. We declined this and got a taxi to a hotel in Ubud....they took our money anyway and gave us an elephant painted photo, a taxi to our next hotel and a carton of juice as compensation.....what a joke.

The manager helped get us swiftly away and blamed the government for the chaining and treatment....it's disgusting how this 'Jurassic Park' wannabe hotel is allowed to operate with the animals living in these conditions.

Do not stay here. Do not fund the Mason Lodge or any similar 'park'. Bali- please give these animals a better, happier life and not suffer like we have witnessed...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank CKRW1986
Reviewed 2 April 2018

my party stayed in 2 different rooms and both were excellent. one room allowed for elephant taxi service to a white linen dinner. the other room had a shaded area below with lounge chairs where the kids could hang out and play games and read. bathrooms were luxurious. plates of desserts and fruit were complimentary in each room. restaurant food on property was excellent and fairly priced. nice gift shop. pool is small. loved walking through the gardens and seeing the koi fish ponds. the museum was very informative. one of the top 2 highlights of our trip.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Honestly, I had no big expectations about this place but fortunately I found very special. It is expensive but unique.

We were riding with Jajang (trainer) and Efa (elephant), during the ride we were told about the special relationship between the trainer and the elephant because they are like family. The elephants are very nice with the people and off course, all the place is really beautiful. Jajang was very polite and attentive with us.

In addition, there is a small and interesting museum at the entrance related to elephants.

I with my family enjoyed but as a recommendation, check your pocket before deciding to go since it is not cheap.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We went here on a tour and I have take a week to write this review so I can think my initial thoughts over.

I love elephants but didn’t want to go to a place where the elephants were mistreated, like places I saw in Thailand.

The elephants do at time have to be restrained due to the law in Bali and have been coached so they respond to
Signals but they also appear happy and do not appear to be mistreated.

I loved feeding the elephants. They have a character that’s different from each other and are cheeky. Their trucks are amazing and wrap their trucks around the food and devour it.

All I Can say is that I enjoyed the visit and think about the visit multiple times in the last week with fond memories.

Your call but I loved it

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tigger2594
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Not such a pleasant experience, from the over priced entry fee, to the apparent manner that they are treated to be trained and the elephants being chained all equaled to a total of 10mins being spent in the location. Im not an animal lover but felt sorry for the way these animals where being restricted and rode for human pleasure.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends