This Lodge is about 2 hours out of Denpasar and will cost $US50 if you take their service. THe location is beautiful though. We got that about 10am as we had to leave early the next morning for a flight. We completely screwed up their itinerary but they squeezed all the activities into one day for us. In total we probably only spent 3 hours doing everything the park offers.
While the elephant tour was only about 20 minutes etc, the highlight for my fiancee was the swimming with the Elephant, Mr Wong. The elephant would dive in and out of the water and go on its hindlegs. It was a rare experience for her and she loved every second of it.
As for the room, this is where things went down hill a little. The room was ok, the pictures were a little misleading in my opinion. There was no bath tube and the fan in the bathroom was broken. Once we turned it on we couldn't shut it down and it was quite noisy.
Come dinner time, we took an elephant ride down to the restaurant. It was pissing down rain and we werent offered any rain protection except an umbrella which kept getting caught in the trees. A poncho or something similar would have been very suitable in these conditions.
The restaurant is not cheap but acceptable, however, for Rp200,000 for the buffet you are better off just ordering off the menu. The buffet food didn't look very appetising. The menu food was simply amazing though (don't order the Ox tail, this was pretty crap) and well worth it.
Oh and the fruit basket we received in our room had ants all over it. Let's just say I lost my appetite for fruit.
In summary, it's well worth it for a night. I certainly wouldn't book for more than 1 night though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Bali’s “Most Unique Hotel" and Winner of the 2016 World Luxury Hotel Awards – Best Eco Lodge. Ideal for animal and nature lovers, guests staying at the Elephant Safari Park Lodge arise to the sights and sounds of gentle giants set among lush botanical gardens and jungle. Get up close and personal with Bali's largest herd of 31 Sumatran elephants at the island's premiere interactive and intimate elephant experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Elephant Safari Park & Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Safari Park And Lodge
- Elephant Safari Park Hotel Ubud
- Elephant Safari Park & Lodge Ubud, Bali