Lowest prices for your stay
AU$377
Breakfast included
Priceline
AU$377
Trip.com
AU$344
Breakfast included
2,561 results
All reviews apple tv monkey forest infinity pool afternoon tea walk in closet rice fields the river our honeymoon welcome home shuttle service rose petals shuttle bus little touches huge bathroom the main street central ubud nusa dua
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2023 via mobile

Komeneka at Bisma is located walking distance into Ubud but is sited in an exquisite location overlooking working rice fields and the jungle. Although there were only two of us, when we booked only a two bedroom pool villa was available. Lots of space to spread out. (Caveat: the downstairs bedroom does not have a closet.) Outside the downstairs living room/bedroom is the pool and a dining table (set for 4) under an overhang. There is a refrigerator, sink, coffeemaker and hot water pot. Buildings are unremarkable and functional but the views compensate.

Entry is lovely, and has a reflecting pool overlooking the jungle. Both the 35M main pool and our generously-sized plunge pool were designed with disappearing edges and appeared to extend into the forest beyond. I swam in the main pool and loved it! There is a gorgeous glass chapel where morning yoga takes place. Additionally, there is a beautiful path down by the river and a nice spot with a little fountain and pond for meditation.

Service was good and staff very friendly. We ate dinner out or had delivery, but found breakfast to be very nice - fresh local fruits and juices, breads and plain yogurt (small buffet) along with a menu offering made to order eggs, and other Western breakfast foods along with Balinese and Indonesian. I appreciated the eco-emphasis, with virtually no plastic in sight, save the shower caps (packaged in paper). We ordered salads for lunch when we arrived, and they were passible. For example, mine was billed as a quinoa salad with vegetables, but there was barely any quinoa.

We both had spa treatments - deep tissue massage and foot reflexology. Both were mediocre, but the spa is located on the river and it was lovely to hear it softly flowing.

Although there is an elevator, and a lovely bamboo ramp down to the main pool and spa, there are MANY steps everywhere. I would discourage anyone with difficulty walking from staying here.

Komeneka at Bisma is very nice, but it is a 4-star, not 5-star hotel. Good location and gorgeous, lush grounds and views with friendly, helpful staff.

Room tip: As I said, if you have trouble walking, stay elsewhere. There are many steps. Nice to have a private and generously-sized pool
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ngakan kande, Innkeeper at Komaneka at Bisma, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2023

Dear Lisa B

It was an absolute pleasure to having you staying at Komaneka Bisma "your home address in ubud” We were really pleased to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your excelent review about the beauty of our resort, I can't describe more into range of words for your support and being our ambassador through sharing your experiences to other travelers. Your very positive notes on all aspects of your stay are sincerely appreciated. We are particularly pleased to know that our team was the highlight of your experience.

Again thank you and we can't express more with words to reveal our thankfulness and huge appreciation, as you have been recommending Komaneka at Bisma to other travelers throughout this online channel.

Look forward to welcome you back to your home address in ubud in the very near future!

Reviewed 22 November 2023

We stayed at Komaneka at Bisma for 5 nights but wish we could have stayed for longer! It is an oasis of calm in busy Ubud, although it only takes about 20-30 minutes to walk to the main shopping areas. There is also a daily shuttle service to and from Komaneka at Monkey Forest which allows you to further explore parts of Ubud, and you can also organise trips further afield (temples, volcanos, etc.) through reception. The surroundings (trees, rice fields) create a peaceful atmosphere and a swim in the beautiful pool is a joy at any time of day. All the staff (both in the hotel itself and the drivers) are the friendliest, most courteous and most helpful we have ever come across - nothing was too much trouble for them and they always took the time to ask us how our day/activity had gone. The food is delicious and plentiful: the choice of fresh fruit and juice, yoghurt, cooked dishes and bread, cakes and pastries is excellent and we loved the option of having afternoon tea (included) with delicious Balinese snacks. We had dinner in the hotel once only as we wanted to try other restaurants in the area (several great ones within a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel) but, again, it was delicious and beautifully presented. Our suite was spacious and spotlessly clean and we enjoyed being able to relax on the balcony overlooking rice fields and trees on the large sofa or in the swinging seat. We were grateful for the endless supply of bottled water and delicious cookies!
We would highly recommend Komaneka at Bisma - we were very sad to leave!

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear fimaxwell

The entire family at Komaneka Bisma were very delighted and blissful having the opportunity to take care of you during your stay. Thanks you for taking your time to write this very amazing review and thank also for praising our facilities and services, it is very important to know our hard work is acknowledged.

Look forward to having another opportunity to look after you better when you have a plan, bring you back stay at your home address in ubud “ Komaneka at Bisma “

Ngakan Kande

Reviewed 9 November 2023

I have stayed in a lot of hotels around the world and this hotel is one of the best I stayed in. I was there for 4 nights and really sorry to leave. The hotel looks unassuming as you drive down the steep driveway. The real beauty is on the other side. I stayed in a Bisma suite on the 4th floor, which is the top floor, where the lobby is located. The suite was huge, with a living room area, the bedroom area with a big comfortable bed, with a welcome message on it, with a big bathroom with free standing tub and big shower, separate toilet and big closet area. When you arrive you get shown to your room and everything is explained to you thoroughly. There was no ironing board and iron but one was bought to me, when I asked.
There were delicious cookies in the room and plenty of water. By far the best thing was the view from the equally huge balcony: a view of some rice paddies and forest all around. Even though the hotel is located on a busy road, you can hear nothing but the sound of the river that runs along the property, the birds and the crickets. It was a joy to wake up to this amazing view every day or relax on the balcony in the iegg-chair swing .
I used the laundry service, which is next day service and the price very reasonable. And the laundry came back smelling incredible.
The hotel has a free shuttle service that drives you to various locations in Ubud. For the drive back I used taxis. They are cheap and there are taxi drivers all around. When you get back to the hotel you are greeted with “welcome home”.
The food in the hotel is very good. Breakfast is a la carte plus there was a large table with fruit juices, fruit, sweets and bread. The view from the restaurant was the same as from the rooms – stunning. I had dinner at the hotel as well and the food was amazing. Service was lovely and everybody knows your name by day 2.
The pool is also situated beautifully among the rice paddies and forest below and very tranquil. I had a massage which was located by the creek and very relaxing.
The only thing is the lighting in the bathroom was rather dark. It could do with some more bulbs in the mirror, but this is a minor thing.
I loved this hotel, the room, the people and location. Should I ever come back to Ubud, I would definitely stay here again

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
ngakan kande, Innkeeper at Komaneka at Bisma, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2023

Dear Andrea S

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Komaneka Bisma for your holiday in Bali!
We all Thrilled to know that you enjoy your stay that much!!
We also appreciate all your very detailed and amazing comment about our facilities, and service offered by our Komaneka Family. Your praises to some aspects especially to the service and staff would be part of encouragement for me and all team in delivering the level service quality into the highest. I was so thrilled to note that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Thank you also for your genuine feedback regarding the lighting in the bathroom was rather dark, this is pretty valuable remedies for us as a pavement for betterment.

Look forward to having another opportunity to look after you when you have a plan, bringing you back staying at your home in ubud-Komaneka at Bisma

Best Regards

Reviewed 8 November 2023 via mobile

All the beauty and magic of Bali are encompassed in the welcoming hospitality of Komaneka Bisma. No stone is left unturned in their sincere dedication to delighting guests. Resort Manager Kande directs a staff of expertly trained professionals whose sincerity and attention to detail guarantee a memorable stay. The luxury itself is seamless, from the exceedingly spacious and well-appointed guest rooms and villas to the little touches that make your stay so special: afternoon tea featuring delicate Balinese specialties; morning yoga in an airy, light-filled chapel overlooking the forest and waterfalls; meandering walkways leading to infinity-edged swimming pools; colorful Koi fish in the lobby pond and a staff who surprises your wide-eyed child with fish food; Balinese musicians in the lobby playing traditional instruments against a backdrop of carved teakwood. The private swimming pools at the villas are a truly worthwhile indulgence. The restaurant offers a tasty array of Indonesian specialties and other cuisine options, along with breathtaking views. The setting and location of this resort are ideal. It is exceptionally well located, offering convenient access to some of the best sites in Ubud, from the monkey forest to exquisite temples. A selection of good restaurants are within easy walking distance. Returning to Komaneka Bisma from bustling Ubud was like entering an alternate universe. Tranquility and quiet luxury are wrapped in lush green forests and terraced rice fields where birds feast. Afternoon classes in wood carving, kite making and Balinese dance were special highlights, especially for my four-year-old granddaughter who was in awe of the music and costumes. Above all, the staff really shine, demonstrating the kind of anticipatory hospitality that is is the hallmark of a seasoned, five-star resort. Komaneka Bisma has captured Bali in all its spiritual beauty and natural wonder, embodying the culture and rich traditions with sincere respect. A stay at this resort is an immersion in the very best that Bali has to offer.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear pgworld

The entire family at Komaneka Bisma were very delighted and blissful having the opportunity to take care of you during your stay. Thanks you for taking your time to write this amazing review.
Your praises to some aspects especially to the service and staff would be part of encouragement for me and all team in delivering the level service quality into the highest. I was so thrilled to note that you had a wonderful stay with us. We endeavor to go above and beyond to ensure our guests have memorable experience. Everyone is so nice because we have the best guests.

We can't express more with words to reveal our thankfulness and huge appreciation, as you have been recommending Komaneka at Bisma to other travelers throughout this online channel.

Again thank you very much and look forward to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2023

From the very moment you arrive, you feel the absolute tranquility of this place. The views that surround the Hotel are amazing and stunning. My suite was superb. Hugh bathroom, walk in wardrobe, massive shower, and extra large bath tub. The balcony for my suite was equally large. It over looked beautiful rice fields on the property. The furniture on the balcony includes;- large sofa, swinging chair and table and chairs. My favourite thing was to sit and look at the jungle from my swinging chair. You have complete privacy on your balcony .

Mr Kande, the Manager was always a constance presence, His staff are so all so lovely. Everyday they great you by name with big smiles. They are extremely helpful. and quick to respond to your request. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

This was by far the best Hotel, I have ever stayed at in the 35 counties that I have travelled to. I cannot wait to return again. Thank you to my wonderful Housekeeper, who did a wonderful job and looked out for me, He was so kind. I washed my clothes hanging from the balcony rail which was full, along with the clothes rail they provide. He bought two more rails and hanged my clothes out t, all without me asking!! I was so impressed.

Thank you all for a total amazing, beautiful time.

Room tip: Be prepared for a 2 hour drive from the airport.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
ngakan kande, Innkeeper at Komaneka at Bisma, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2023

Dear Sambamax2201

On behalf of Komaneka Family, i would like to thank you for your recent stay at Komaneka Bisma " your home address in Ubud "
We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful time with us. Thanks you for taking your time to write this very amazing review.Your praises to some aspects would be part of encouragement for me and all team in delivering the level service quality into the highest. We are particularly pleased to know that our team was the highlight of your experience. Everyone is so nice because we have the best guests.