1,168 results
All reviews the penthouse upgraded to a suite blanco museum minute walk open bathroom koi pond central ubud family room beautiful garden lovely pool quiet location breakfast menu reception area town centre we loved our stay welcome drink away from the hustle and bustle
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Chose here based on TA reviews and was a good decision.

We were upgraded to a suite but other rooms looked nice too. Setting is quite idyllic. Lovely meandering gardens, large pool, quiet location. It is perhaps a bit of a walk to central Ubud (20 mins walking with some steep bits) but they do offer a shuttle twice a day into (but not back from) the centre - couldn't understand that bit? Night times we ate in neighbouring cafes and would recommend Warung Mendez and Made's Cafe.

Staff were very friendly, helpful and good English spoken. Breakfast menu was one of the best we have come across in all our years of travel. All made fresh, great choices and so tasty.

Would certainly return here.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2017

This was our second stay at the Sri Ratih and we were able to get accommodation in the same rooms we used on our previous visit, nice big rooms with large balconies. The location is fairly central and although on quite a busy street there is little traffic noise in the interior, where the swimming pool, pool bar and rooms are located tucked behind flowering trees and bushes and meandering walkways that snake throughout the property.
The restaurant is on two levels, with a smaller open area facing the fish pond and open kitchen (which we preferred for breakfast) and a larger dining room directly above. The front desk and wait staff were accommodating and personable, as were the cooks who responded with big smiles when we gave them thumbs up for their cooking. There was always someone cleaning rooms and bathrooms, which were kept spotless, and in the yard, clearing flowers from the paths, cutting, scrubbing and in general looking after and maintaining the grounds and pool in a quiet and unobtrusive manner.
We highly recommend this hotel and we would probably choose to stay again when we return to Ubud!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and enjoyed every minute.

Extremely friendly staff, great a la carte breakfast, and amazing spa. Pool is small and surrounded by beautiful vegetation.

We stayed in a superior room near the lobby and it was noisy due to a bar/restaurant behind our cottage. Loud music plays until about 11 pm. This did not bother us though, as we were exhausted at the end of each day.

The superior room bathroom was what sold us on this category of room. It’s an oasis we did not want to leave!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have just come back from spending 10 nights at Sri Ratih Cottages. We went to Ubud again for the Writers’ and Readers ‘ Festival,which, by the way, was excellent.

We had initially only going to spend 6 nights there before going on to another place but decided to stay put as Mt Agung was still uncertain whether to erupt or not!

They upgraded us from a suite to the Penthouse as we were a return customer and it was a beautiful place to stay. Big!

Then, as we extended our stay, we went back down to a Suite. I actually liked it better to stay in. Good space.

The Staff, Gardens, Restaurant there are gorgeous. My only thoughts would be to have better railing height for hanging dresses etc.

The Spa and Staff there just fantastic and relaxing and reasonably priced. Thank you, Ayu!

Would not hesitate to recommend Sri Ratih Cottages as a very good place to spend time in. Very reasonable price for the whole
of our stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jasato56
Reviewed 25 October 2017

The rooms are good, small interiors but with very nice furnishings and decorative art, and a huge outdoor bathroom with a magnificent deep tub. The grounds of the hotel are quite nice, the pool is heavily chlorinated, but the location is great and very close to central Ubud. Hiring a scooter at 50000 rupiah a day is no problem and generally the staff were very helpful and friendly. Many improvements could be made to the restaurant. The breakfasts were fairly average all round, except the eggs benedict seemed to be of a good portion size, but on the first day my eggs were not cooked at all, I mean it's like they were poached for 30 seconds, not good at all. Room service that we ordered seemed to be of a better quality, and the beef skewers were a highlight. The spa looks very nice but treatments are absurdly priced compared to everywhere else, and for a hotel of this quality. The coffee in the cafe was very good and a nice place to sit and do emails. One strange thing that happened, and we weren't informed about at reception, was the nightly turn down service or 'bedtime story'. Now, admittedly we did not have the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, but if you want privacy after 6pm this is a must. It's a wonderful gesture to many people I'm sure, but for us it was intrusive, especially since we were already in bed, naked and content. A deposit was charged to my credit card from Sri Ratih on the 16th of October. Coincidentally on the same day I was defrauded of $200. Never been a victim of credit card fraud before, and so I was shocked. I'm not blaming the hotel, or any particular staff, but it was an unusual coincidence. I had to cancel my card as a result. The room was pretty good value overall, but for the same price, I would look elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert M
oming, Manajer Umum at Sri Ratih Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Robert,

Greetings from Sri Ratih Cottages

Thank you for your constructive review on TA in regard to your stay with us recently. On behalf of Sri Ratih family please allow me to express my sincerest apology since our services did not meet your expectation.

Your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We have shared your comments regarding to the breakfast to our entire kitchen team for further improvement and do evaluation to it.

Our spa rate as top 15 spas in Ubud by TripAdvisor, a rare reputation that you may find in a on-site cottages spa. So sad to found that you don’t give a chance to try our spa, but thank you to say “it’s looks very nice”. We are taking our spa concept seriously. Entire therapists were fully certified as professional therapist. We often served other therapist from all over the world, and some of them become our regular customer. The oils that we use are grape seed oil and its hypoallergenic oil while the rest amenities use 100% natural product with international licensed. This product also used by 5 star hotel & resort in Bali. I would love you to try it first before saying it’s expensive 

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused by our turn down procedure. Indeed, it’s a very first time we got a complaint regarding to the superior services that we would like to give you. Other guest are praise this service and even it’s become one of our best rated service. I do agree with your suggestion, if you don’t need the service please do put you DND sign, and we will skip this service to you.

Regarding to the fraud, really sorry to hear that. The guest portfolio is so important and we putting your data security on our highest priority. However, I will surely conduct an investigation regarding to this matter.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again at Sri Ratih Ubud in the near future.

Regards,