“My Bali family @ VILLA AGUNG KAHLIA.”
Review of Villa Agung Khalia

Villa Agung Khalia
Ranked #36 of 542 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Melville, Western Australia, Australia
“My Bali family @ VILLA AGUNG KAHLIA.”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My wife and I have been there 3 times and are going back again. For us there are not enough words to describe how much we love the staff the location and the whole sense of belonging in the village.

From the minute we arrive to the day we leave it feels like we belong and the hospitality we get from the staff is second to none.We regard the staff as members of our Bali family.

We can not recommend this place enough since we think we have found our paradise.

I am looking forward to retiring sooner rather than later and spending time in the village with my Bali family. Agung, Guru,Dewi, Putu,Kadek,Nyoman the driver ,Made the gardener & Nyoman the chef & all the other staff are wonderfull. God bless them all.

See you soon my family. Thomas & Helen Kouzinas. Perth WA.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
eastrips, Owner at Villa Agung Khalia, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
On behalf of the staff we'd like to thank you for taking the time to recognize them by writing a review. It's lovely to see that you've embraced the welcoming and gracious nature of the staff and we are fortunate to attract guests like yourselves who seek interaction with the people and culture of Bali during their holiday. We all look forward to welcoming you back to your Bali home very soon.
Sincerely;
Darren, Laura, Agung, Guru and the entire staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have stayed 6 times at VAK since Oct 2009 - with friends, on my own and the latest visit in Jan/Feb this year, with my family. They have all loved it and each time I visit it only gets better. The management are incredibly responsive to any suggestions that are made and are continuously upgrading and improving the villas. Recently, there has been an upgrade with decor, lighting and new fans. Also Villa 1 has its own private entrance which I noticed one reviewer commented on. Problem shared, problem solved!
The staff are all very special people and you are always welcomed, treated with respect and every whim is catered for - nothing is too much trouble!

Why do I love it and return each time? Because it is a haven from the hustle and bustle of Ubud. Every day I see genuine Balinese life in the padis enacted outside my villa. I have been lucky enough to witness the full cycle of rice growing and harvesting right outside my door. I can have the best of the Western world in my spotlessly clean villa and experience the culture of Bali as the incredibly friendly staff share their homes and traditions when I show interest. There are bikes available for a ride through the local villages, walks through the rice padis, visits to temples all at no extra cost and it's all the real deal - not put on for tourists. And you are not continuously putiing your hand in your pockets (although I would recommend a generous tip for the gorgeous, patient staff when you leave). The breakfasts are yummy, with heaps of variety and more than enough to eat. For dinner, try my favourite - pork spareribs with eggplant sambal - delish! The shuttle service to Ubud is excellent and provsion of a mobile phone makes life so easy. Why would I want to stay anywhere else? I have tried other places including a lovely hotel in Seminyak and zen resort in Candi Dasa but nothing compares to the tranquility and welcome of VAK, my home away from home. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: All great! I've stayed in all and love them all for different reasons Honeymoon suite (upstairs...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Janne13
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and had a very laid back, enjoyable time. The staff were fantastic - helping us to go to town and back, planning day trips, serving breakfast, doing our laundry and keeping the whole place clean and tidy. The location is wonderful - it's a slow drive along a bumpy road that leads you to the villa, surrounded by paddy fields. Its a 10 minute drive to Ubud but the staff are ready to drive you any time (at no extra cost) and you get the benefit of living in amongst the paddys. Perfect. And I was surprised by the lack of mosquitoes too - another bonus. The one area for improvement is the furniture which could have been more traditional Balinese in design.

Overall, Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jacket99
Sydney
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed in Villa 1 in December with 4 people. The Villa is amazing, very spacious, with beautiful tropical gardens and a huge pool in the sun, but plenty of shaded deck area if you like the shade. Surrounded by rice fields, It is a very peaceful haven, the moment you enter you feel relaxed! The staff were exceptional, very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. We especially enjoyed the free shuttle service into Ubud, where you are given an in-house mobile to call for a pickup whenever and where-ever you need. Drinking water is provided ad lib so there is no need to worry about buying copious amounts of plastic bottles during your stay. Yummy breakfast provided each day, either in your villa or the restaurant. Great value for money, we would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I've traveled a fair bit in my short number of years (25 to be exact), but i have never stayed at a place this awesome! The staff were magic, the villa made me feel like a king & i never wanted to leave the pool. It was one of the most relaxing experiences i've ever had.

As a nerd, i'd also like to mention how happy i was to have fast and effective internet access throughout the whole villa. That is an essential tool of the 21st century traveler and it was perfect!

5 out of 5, 10 out of 10, whatever you want to call it. It's amazing!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family