All reviews jasmine suite veranda suite complimentary dinner washing powder indian dinner blue elephant home away from home other guests amazing hospitality filtered water fresh juice private villa fish pond rooms are huge each guest every morning day bed
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for the first 4 nights of our trip to Bali. The pre arrival communications were very helpful and efficient. Collection from the airport was well managed. The room was great / large, spacious and unique, funky designs. My name was on a metal wall plaque hanging in reception and it was given as a lovely gift on departure. The owners invited us to a lovely complimentary dinner on one evening which was a very kind gesture. Service was always helpful and efficient. Great owners and a well managed property. Thank you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
gajahbirubungalows, Owner at Gajah Biru Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear M and family,
many many many thanks dears for very kind and wonderful posting.
we all appreciate the kind and gentle words.
please, please do come back soon again and pass the word around to your loved ones.
sending all our regards and best wishes to you and your loved ones.
hugs from us all.
surinder and gang

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Overall I had a great stay but I believe in giving reviews that point out any negatives no matter how small to prevent any disappointment for the more fussy traveller. My initial thoughts were disappointment that I couldn't use the bath as it was stained and uninviting, but I put that down to it being a stone bath that is hard to keep pristine. There was also a musty smell in the bathroom but that's inevitable in a place that rains alot of the time and is humid. But I soon got over my initial thoughts and I really rather enjoyed my stay. Some travellers have made some negative comments but to put it in perspective some things are totally out of the control of the owners - such as the humid conditions, croaking frogs and barking dogs. You just have to take it in your stride and consider it part of the charm of Bali.
Having said all that I loved the lush gardens and pool. I had the top floor of the jasmine and immensely enjoyed sitting out on the balcony, taking in the beautiful view. People mentioned the mosquitos but as someone who normally gets devoured I only got bitten on one occasion. There are complimentary coils that helped.
The hair dryer was a nice surprise. The hair-dryers provided on all my other trips to 5* hotels have always been rather weak. This one actually did a decent job. It's the small things right? ;)
The owners and staff really did a great job of making me feel welcome. Smiles all round and very friendly without being imposing. I was invited to eat dinner at their restaurant one night which was such a kind gesture. It really touched me. On my last day they allowed me to stay in a room after checkout so I had the chance to freshen up before my flight. It wouldn't surprise me if they remembered their guests if they return in the future. Lovely lovely people :)
Location wise I was very happy. I walked to the main strip everyday, no problem.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank PegasysOz

Our dear friends ,
we thank you for staying with us.
now lets talk about your negative points, hahahahahh. Sweet heart, you are sooooooo nice and we need these inputs to help us become better. we do not hire or can afford the hotel consultants. our guests are the best and we always appreciate the help.
nothing is ever taking negative.
almost every point brought, you already had the answer. but, we needed that to keep us on the toes. we will and are always doing our best to keep it clean, friendly and charming little inn. we are honored to hear your total positive attitude. this is what make us do more and more for our future guests.
do not have the words to thank you enough. we loved having you and look forward to see you soon again. next time, please do contact us directly.
sending all our love and best wishes.
surinder and the whole gb family send regards

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I am wondering where should I begin with. Right from the time I booked my stay, I was treated like family. When we walked in, we had a little personalised surprise waiting for us. So unique! Then we were lead to our room by Gede, he is so kind and friendly, a one man show. We had a room overlooking a small pond with fish. It was beautiful but since we had a toddler who could roam around, we didn't want to risk it with the pond, so asked if there was a room upstairs. Free upgrade to verandah suite, ever gracious staff. The verandah room was amazing, very big and cozy, comfortable beds, Air con was good, mini fridge, tea, coffee, kettle, even a mosquito coil, although we didn't encounter any mosquitoes we burned the coil just in case because we had a toddler. The view of the cozy swimming pool was beautiful. Such a peaceful haven.! Service is the best. Nothing can beat that and I haven't come across this kind of service yet. Surinder, the owner, made sure he met us as he was not present when we checked in. Next day he invited us for tea in the afternoon, Indian masala chai and Indian fried fritters, right in the middle of Bali! His wife Sumi, his brother and his young bright son with beautiful eyes, it was such a joy to spend time with them. Couldn't stay for long unfortunately, had planned an evening outing. The location is excellent, so many cafes, bars, restaurants around and even Ubud market is a 5-10 min ride. This is my home away from home. I regret not staying here for my entire trip, we moved to Seminyak after 2 nights here. Next time I come to Bali, it's easy, I already have a home here. Again a shout out to the best service, ever smiling Gede, Yanti, Mandy and the amazingly warm hearted Surinder and beautiful Sumi. A big Thanks to you all for your hospitality and for making our stay in Ubud truly memorable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Rasika V

Dear R and the whole family,
once again, Diwali mubarik.
it was a pleasure to have you all at our little GB.
many many many thanks for such a wonderful, kind and helpful posting for us and our future guests.
loved having you all.
you guys are so close, come and visit any time. doors are always open.
every one from the GB family sends their regards.
big hugs to the little one. regards to you all.
surinder, sumi and the whole gB family

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

If you want a 5 star hotel then Gajah Biru is not for you but if you want a wonderful experience that feels like you are one of the family then this is the place to stay in Ubud. From being greeted by Mandy at the front desk and offered an free upgrade to a veranda suite it just got better throughout our stay. The room was spacious and very comfortable with everything you need. Huge comfortable bed, TV, DVD player and selection of DVD’s to watch (not that we used it as there is so much to do and see in the area). Bottled water, toiletries, coffee and tea facility plus a small fridge are all provided.
The included breakfast in their restaurant just across the road was very good. There was a good variety of dishes available and good coffee and fresh fruit juice served.
A big plus is very good Wifi Internet access everywhere.
There is a small pool to cool down in and lovely gardens with interesting nooks and crannies everywhere.
The staff, without exception, were fantastic. Very friendly and extremely helpful.
On our last night we were invited to dinner with the owner Surinder Oberi and his wife Sumi. He cooked traditional Indian food and with his extended family and other guests we had a lovely dinner and a very enjoyable evening.
We will definitely recommend this place to everyone we meet in future. When they say you are part of the family when you check in you think yes, I have heard this before but then they prove that they mean it.
Thank you Surinder, Sumi, Mandy and all the other staff for making our stay with you so memorable. We will be back.
Tonie and Annetjie from Cape Town.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tonie B

Hello hello hello T and A
how are you guys doing! once agian, many thanks for staying with us dears.
consider the GB little home away from home T.
appreciate the time taken and posting this great review for our future guests.
very sweet, kind and full of joy this is.
We look forward to see you both and all your loved ones soon.
please contact us directly so we can attend better.
big hugs and best wishes.
surinder for GB

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I spent 2 nights here and did not want to leave. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a welcome drink and upgraded to a villa with a private pool. It poured rain the first night, and we were able to easily order a delicious dinner from their restaurant, which was delivered to our room. The second night, the owners hosted all of the hotel guests to a wonderful dinner at their restaurant- it was Indian food, my favorite, and they were extra accommodating with me being vegetarian. The daily breakfast had several options from which to choose, and were all great. Each of the staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. We had a perfect stay- I highly recommend this place and hope to be back again soon!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear sweet and Kind A,
many thanks dears for staying with us.
lets make it longer the next time.

we all appreciate your kind and warm words.
keep travelling and come back soon for the next visit.
hugs and best